Time to get out the violins for the rich people

Not even remotely true.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about exerting power over another person and forcing them to do something that they do not want to do.

A lust for power, not sexual desire, is what drives a rapist.

You’re describing LeJacMegansLaw to a T!

This is America, we're supposed to have an economy that allows people to become wealthy. It's the opportunity part that needs working on.
We also have a major problem with the implied "rich people have more rights" bullshit. Rich people get out of jail for crimes. (See: OJ Simpson.) Rich people can buy politicians and buy laws and usurp the will of the people.

Now there is a lesson to be learned about this news story. Those of us who make an honest buck don't have to worry about losing it. Investing in voodoo stocks and snapping up properties isn't an honest buck - ask any real estate agent. You're throwing out old widows who can't make their mortgage or property tax payments. Then you wonder why karma bitch slaps you with plummetting home prices? You join forces with other rich people to buy laws and make yourselves rich at the expense of the working class and then you wonder how it is that the working class is tapped out, your store chains are closing, and your stocks that made you so rich are losing value? Come on. Really, now. People on Lit call me an idiot but then they never saw any of this coming, and I've been screaming about it for years? Yeah, uh huh. Darwin's not raising their hand in victory here. I wonder why.

Then you got these real life idiots running around keeping up with the Joneses, or thinking they are the Joneses. Buying $4 million Taj Mahal-lite mansions? Come on, really now. Sad thing is I know some of these people. Like those insurance agents down the road from me who run their fucking mill pulling in $200,000 a month bragging about how they're bigger than me. Oh, well. I've been by their houses. If their sales tactics catch up with them they're so doomed. Me? You can take my day job and my wife's insurance business from us and we can live off our money. I have property taxes and a sewage bill and that's it. My electricity is covered by solar, baby. My friends are farmers. If hyperinflation wipes out my money then guess what - I'm also covered.

Why can't all the "smart people" in the world figure out these basic facts of financial security? Rich people should not be losing their shirts like this. It's because they have all that money and no common horse sense.

If the disagree with me they might pretend that you are right. You dislike me because I pointed out that rapists are motivated by sexual desire. A rapist is a man who desires a woman he realizes he cannot seduce. That, of course, does not justify rape. It accurately explains it.
You're halfway right on this.
Date rape is about sexual desire. A lot of other instances of rape are a mix of either sexual desire or exercising power and instilling terror.

It would be inaccurate to assume the "it's all one or the other" approach to determining motivations for rape.

Rape is about power or rapists would visit brothels instead.

More on topic, raising taxes on the super-rich might be justified.

Taking their guns? I don't see any reason to.

But neither would make you a Nazi by any stretch of the imagination.
I'll pay higher taxes if it goes toward enriching the working class.

The working class enriches my business. Sucking them dry is worthless, making them fat so you can milk 'em and shave the wool is the way to go. :D

Not even remotely true.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about exerting power over another person and forcing them to do something that they do not want to do.

A lust for power, not sexual desire, is what drives a rapist.

For the victim it is not about sex. For the rapist it is. This is a persistent liberal dogma that is backed up, not with facts, but with anger and intolerance for anyone who disagrees. When I say that rapists derive sexual pleasure from their crimes I am not justifying rape any more than when I justify bank robbery by mentioning that bank robbers love money.

I do not quite understand the liberal mentality on this issue. It might be that liberals think: sex is good, but power is bad. Rape is bad, therefore it cannot be about sex.

Of course, I am liberal on economic and environmental issues, but I am free of dogma.

I used to engage him in conversation, treating him with sincerity and respecting his points of view. Over time, however, I noticed that his responses were a bit to far off target, even for here. At first I thought that he was just playing around, having some fun, etc. But eventually I realized two things: the guy has some serious issues with women, and he's an idiot.

When people your love from here and people you definitely do NOT love from here agree, as they do in this assessment, your confidence in your assessment rises. I think it's pretty much unanimous: He's a worthless moron and he's intellectually dishonest.
That's absolutely hilarious. You, of all people, have the nerve to impugn anyone's intelligence and intellectual honesty? As for having issues with women, you really have no room to talk. You go out of your way to make humans - particularly women - look as stupid as humanly possible.

Talk about throwing stones from a glass house.

I'll pay higher taxes if it goes toward enriching the working class.

The working class enriches my business. Sucking them dry is worthless, making them fat so you can milk 'em and shave the wool is the way to go. :D
That's the spirit!

The upper classes rely on the lower classes to do their work for them. Antagonism between them is not healthy or productive. That's why great differences in wealth shouldn't exist: they only incite jealous, greed and envy. This can have serious consequences if we look at history.

If the disagree with me they might pretend that you are right. You dislike me because I pointed out that rapists are motivated by sexual desire. A rapist is a man who desires a woman he realizes he cannot seduce. That, of course, does not justify rape. It accurately explains it.

I rape for revenge purposes only.

That's the spirit!

The upper classes rely on the lower classes to do their work for them. Antagonism between them is not healthy or productive. That's why great differences in wealth shouldn't exist: they only incite jealous, greed and envy. This can have serious consequences if we look at history.
Well now if there is antagonism I still favor the working class. If everyone can afford a house, two cars and health care, that just means more possessions for me to insure. That they'll also be less likely to go Bolshevik on our asses, too.

Back