Time for another quarterly rant on dumb comments

Dinsmore

Experienced
A quick message to ‘anonymous’ and any negative commenter who has yet to submit a single solitary word of prose to this august forum---but at least has the balls to sign the comment:

I’m pretty sure I’m gratified that there are people who genuinely enjoy what I write. Any of them that send me a means to respond generally get a thank you. Voting scores mean about as much to me as who wins American Idol.

I still chuckle at the fact that characters and situations I have written about which are extremely factual always elicit some sort of comment, to wit: “this is not believable, don’t like you’re characters, they’re not very real”, and so on. On the other hand, when I write a complete fabrication, there is always someone who is sure it is autobiographical.

It’s nice to get feedback. If it’s constructive, I internalize it and try to do better next time. I use two or even three editors to ensure the highest possible quality of submission. I personally go back over any story I write innumerable times to improve the flow. But, after two years of writing this stuff, I’ve come to a realization:

I write stories that I enjoy writing and reading. If they’re stroke stories, they are stories I enjoy jerking off to.

Sorry if this one is too short---that’s all there was. Sorry if this one is too long or has too much detail---I felt the need to paint the picture more vividly and flesh out the characters in more depth. Sorry that it offended you that the male protagonist sucked his own cum out of her ass, I thought it was kind of sweet, since she didn’t have any place else to put it other than on the expensive carpet. Sorry there wasn’t a romance this time, I was typing naked with only one hand on the keyboard. Sorry if my characters are too attractive or too successful; I’m working on a story about a couple of sociopathic ugly losers who end up with multiple STDs but I just can’t figure out an ending.

Early on, the anonymous troll crap stung. Now I reread the most offensive comments a number of times to discern if maybe they have a point and I should have done it differently. I compare those troll comments to those who liked the story. Sometimes I’ll even discuss via email a particular comment with others, to determine if the troll has a point which I might want to think about next time.

I also take time to read other people’s erotic fiction, smut and stroke work on this and other forums. There are a handful of regular contributors here that are really, really, good. Sadly there are also too many eighteen year old illiterate wannabes but, even they have to start somewhere. Just as we all do.

Well put, if lengthy. However fucked the human race is, they are us. You gotta love 'em, or else go mad.

Dinsmore said:
A quick message to ‘anonymous’ and any negative commenter who has yet to submit a single solitary word of prose to this august forum---but at least has the balls to sign the comment:

I’m pretty sure I’m gratified that there are people who genuinely enjoy what I write. Any of them that send me a means to respond generally get a thank you. Voting scores mean about as much to me as who wins American Idol.

I still chuckle at the fact that characters and situations I have written about which are extremely factual always elicit some sort of comment, to wit: “this is not believable, don’t like you’re characters, they’re not very real”, and so on. On the other hand, when I write a complete fabrication, there is always someone who is sure it is autobiographical.

It’s nice to get feedback. If it’s constructive, I internalize it and try to do better next time. I use two or even three editors to ensure the highest possible quality of submission. I personally go back over any story I write innumerable times to improve the flow. But, after two years of writing this stuff, I’ve come to a realization:

I write stories that I enjoy writing and reading. If they’re stroke stories, they are stories I enjoy jerking off to.

Sorry if this one is too short---that’s all there was. Sorry if this one is too long or has too much detail---I felt the need to paint the picture more vividly and flesh out the characters in more depth. Sorry that it offended you that the male protagonist sucked his own cum out of her ass, I thought it was kind of sweet, since she didn’t have any place else to put it other than on the expensive carpet. Sorry there wasn’t a romance this time, I was typing naked with only one hand on the keyboard. Sorry if my characters are too attractive or too successful; I’m working on a story about a couple of sociopathic ugly losers who end up with multiple STDs but I just can’t figure out an ending.

Early on, the anonymous troll crap stung. Now I reread the most offensive comments a number of times to discern if maybe they have a point and I should have done it differently. I compare those troll comments to those who liked the story. Sometimes I’ll even discuss via email a particular comment with others, to determine if the troll has a point which I might want to think about next time.

I also take time to read other people’s erotic fiction, smut and stroke work on this and other forums. There are a handful of regular contributors here that are really, really, good. Sadly there are also too many eighteen year old illiterate wannabes but, even they have to start somewhere. Just as we all do.

I really wanted to review your story yesterday:

She Had It All

and I started to read it, but I just ran out of time. I haven't forgotten so I'll go back, finish it and do a guest review.

The beginning was great.

janiexx

Back