Thread Killers... not so anonymous

30 to 40 miles? on a bike? I get tired driving that far! I get winded rolling over in bed sometimes lol

Well the first time I re-started cycling after a long lay-off I managed 2 1/2 miles! It's amazing how quickly that improves though...

I just got my mountain bike out and cleaned up. I can handle about six miles right now :(

We didn't get out much over the winter, as the weather was grim. It's definitely improving now, though not to the point where shorts are appropriate quite yet...

We didn't get out much over the winter, as the weather was grim. It's definitely improving now, though not to the point where shorts are appropriate quite yet...

I'm trying to time it so its 70 degrees when I head out, but its usually 85 by the time I get home. I just head out into the desert, headed for a volcanic spire 4 miles away :)

I'm trying to time it so its 70 degrees when I head out, but its usually 85 by the time I get home. I just head out into the desert, headed for a volcanic spire 4 miles away :)

As you can probably imagine it's usually a lot cooler than that here :D

now I feel so provincial, having lived in Texas most of my life lol

but I have been to Canada, if that counts for anything :D

Here, we have the Mojave Green, which is an aggressive rattlesnake. I saw two last summer, and they will come after you, lol.

The only vaguely poisonous snakes we have are adders, which are easy to spot as they're all under contract to the BBC to appear in wildlife programmes!

I can imagine. In Germany we lived in a village, and it was so peaceful and lovely away from the main routes. Here in the States it is different.

We've not cycled in Germany or the US yet, though we've done long trips in various European countries.

We've not cycled in Germany or the US yet, though we've done long trips in various European countries.
lol, I love the fact that in Europe, I could go distance X, and see multiple countries

or, I could go distance X, and still be in Texas, and usually driving by the same line of fencing ;)

lol, I love the fact that in Europe, I could go distance X, and see multiple countries

or, I could go distance X, and still be in Texas, and usually driving by the same line of fencing ;)

Have visited Texas, can confirm. :D

Back