This might be the wrong place to ask but...

Qubiquitous

Experienced
As I read the stickys it fits better here than anywhere.

I think the next four paragraphs are within the site’s guidelines. It would be the preface. In my opinion, without it or something similar I don’t think what happens later in the story makes much sense. Of course my opinion doesn't count. Sorry to say, yours doesn't either officially. But you have a whole lot more experience here than I do. If it isn't clear what happened I'd like to know that too.

The preface...

My father has never apologized for what he did. In point of fact, he takes great pride in it. He's apologized for the effect what he did had on myself, my mother, and my siblings. He said that it was a great waste of money to try him and to lock him up. But that ultimately the authorities were responsible for that. Since they had failed to investigate the eight other prior claims.

He was sentenced to 36 months, and actually served 27. We weren't permitted to be a plaintiff in the lawsuit against the school. It was settled out of court for a hefty sum. Mom and dad got into a big argument over that because dad said that taking money for it after the fact just made you a… Well you know... Mom pointed out-- accurately-- that they had to sell the house, we had to move in with her mother, and she had to go back to work-- all solvable with money.

The judge found against the widow in the civil action. He even awarded mom and each of us one dollar apiece in our counterclaim. But both families had to pay their own lawyers. Mr Humphreys down at the hardware store was very supportive. Before dad had to report to state prison, he was asked to sign all of the axe handles Mr Humphreys had in stock. Dad’s legal defense fund got a cut.

Even today it's difficult for me to explain exactly what happened. Before my father went away, he told me that the choice he made was entirely his own. One he felt compelled to make. He told me that I wasn't a victim and to never act as if I was a victim. There was plenty of blame to go around. Then he told me to live in the present, and to not let the past define me.

The actual story begins here: ten years later. There are a few comments made as the story progresses explaining that the main character has graduated from high school and has done a stint in the army. That her mother and father have divorced. That she spent one semester in college, but thought it was rather childish and therefore didn’t re-enroll.

It would be a long story with many erotic chapters, and many chapters that deal with the main character's personal development over time. It starts when she is in her 20s, coming back to her home town after having been away for at least five years.

The MC's father was convicted of manslaughter before the story begins. But he is back and has started a business after his release, and seen by most in his small town to be a "hero" for what he did. Because he was away while the MC was in high school and the army, she accepts his offer of a job mostly as a means of reconnecting. (Spoiler: no I/T.)

A good part of the plot focuses on the disconnect between what is taught and held out as being "officially true" and what "really happens." Since much of what is taught is taught before "the student" is 18, I wanted to write clearly and avoid any misinterpretation.

Unlike the well published pundits on a couple of boards here, and many of the commentators at LW, all of my characters are over 18 years of age, physically and emotionally.

Last edited:
Back