Thirteen years ago

UnderYourSpell

Gerund Whore
Thirteen years ago today I joined this site, I wandered around a bit until I ended up here and although WickedEve scared the hell out of me I quickly learned she had so much guidance to offer when I shut up and listened!So many of you were also here already and some we have lost along the way. You all taught me so much about poetry, stuff I'd never have known without you. So this is a big thank you and an urge to write, a challenge if you like.
What have the last 13 years in poetry meant to you? That gives you a huge scope or maybe just a blip in the scheme of things. How have your lives changed in that time?
Any form of poetry from one liner American Sentences up to 40 liners. Send me your poems last day of entry 20th June, then we can guess who wrote what.
I know we've all got bad times right now, but if you're stuck at home ......... write! Please.
Any questions, ask here.

I'll have to let my challenge go by the by for now. My husband had a fall and was rushed into hospital where they found other complications to his health with a high temperature (he hadn't been well the day before). He has been tested for the virus but it's unlikely to be that, just a precautionary measure it would seem, but he's still in there and I'm afraid i have other things on my mind as he was my primary carer. I'm doing quite well on my own considering and looking after the dogs too. I was offered Social care but refused it as I didn't want them to put me into respite care, I wouldn't be able to get on here for one thing! The NHS is a prude!!
So please bear with me as I look after number one. I'm still around if you need any help on the forum so don't hesitate to ask

I'm new here, but I wanted to offer my sympathy and encouragement. It sounds like an awful situation, and I hope your husband gets better soon.

Thank you, he's home now but things are far from perfect with us both poorly. Just got to do the best we can.

Good to hear that you can enjoy the presence of each other again. Hope you can give each other warmth, hope and maybe even a bit of cure.

a package arrived​
with a puzzle to work on​
the smile that I missed​

Bumpety Bump

early last year I set foot on this ground
found people loving words so dearly
- as time passed -
May brought this thread
fled soon, what can I say
- now time has come -
'rest in peace' written and spoken
broken not yet the spell of this quest​

--------

Passing by, it always feels like it's waiting to be picked up...

attachment.php

...but then, it's twenty-twenty-one again, with no one to claim it anymore

---------

Found those thirteen lines in my PM outbox. Maybe some of you got some 'unfinished business' for this thread as well?

a few candles that brought light,
in most of 13 years of poetic darkness,
a few lines to cause a smile or warm a heart.
Nothing much to look back but the elapsed 1/3 year’s.
In a box of matches I found one to start a fire.
Nothing to cause a blazing headache,
but to draw shades on canvas,
in one’s mental studio,
but will it be remembered too?
Who can kassandra the next thirteen?
In that distant future, a shakespearey classic?
Who will recite Joe the Plumber?
Let’s live on to recall Now

Attachments

• baggage_claim.jpg
    baggage_claim.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
Back