Thinking of rewriting and resubmitting a previous story

It's been bugging me for a while... It was my first complete erotica story and one that started out fairly well. About halfway through writing it, I got caught up too much in the mood and instead of leaving it be to amuse myself, I 'banged it out' as it were, including a love-at-first-sight conclusion that now makes me wince. It ended up being, as one comment accurately pointed out, a story of two halves.

It's my second highest viewed and rated story from my small collection but I really feel that its achieved that in spite of its failings. Rather than simply abandoning it to experience and writing a new one with a similar scenario, I want to give it the makeover I feel it deserves.

I know many of us probably have stories we feel this way about and some of you will, no doubt, simply thrash out a new one and leave the old one to its fate. I'm less than prolific, though and have time constraints that force me to nurture each creative vision probably more than most.

What would you do and how would you approach rewriting and submitting if you were so inclined?

Standing Room Only is the story I am referring to for anyone curious.
I’ve drastically rewritten all my early stories. I posted them as new ones and added an explanation as an end note.

I routinely go back and edit stories that mean something to me if I find more than one major glitch in them.

I also edit old stories when I decide to write a sequel to them.

Em

I have stealth edited all of my stories (some more than once) to clean up typos and grammar. I usually do that when I'm stuck on a story.

I’ve drastically rewritten all my early stories. I posted them as new ones and added an explanation as an end note.

I routinely go back and edit stories that mean something to me if I find more than one major glitch in them.

I also edit old stories when I decide to write a sequel to them.

Em
I've noticed that the edits of existing stories have been delayed a lot recently - I mean they stay as "pending" for a while. It used to average about two weeks but it's taking longer than that now.

Back