The Wheel of Time

Sean

We'll see.
OK, I'll preface by saying I loved the books. There is a lot of filler in the middle where either Jordan or his publisher was milking it, and there are lots of problems with some of the characters. Especially the females. But on the whole I love it. And I've always thought it would make great telly. If you want to cry, read up on the cunts that owned the TV rights.

So, on to the Amazon Prime adaptation. I've read a lot of reviews and they were mainly negative. Having watched the first ep, my impression is it's OK. Not stellar, not crap, OK. Rosamund Pike is by far the best actor in it but that was a given.

On to ep 2 !

Totally agree. And I'm quite happy that I've been getting Prime for half price for the last five years by lying to the cunts.

so you helped fund that space trip!!!! :eek:

so you helped fund that space trip!!!! :eek:
If Armagh actually had decent shops I'd buy fuck all from Amazon. But it doesn't. There isn't even a single bookshop in this entire so called city.
Starting it after my (American) football game tonight.

I was talking to Gravyrug about it earlier and we both agreed it's a lot better than the reviews would have you believe.

If Armagh actually had decent shops I'd buy fuck all from Amazon. But it doesn't. There isn't even a single bookshop in this entire so called city.

Ha! that old excuse, i wouldnt have helped cause the next ice age if Armagh had any decent shops! What next - Sir Phillip Green is to blame for the demise of polar bears? fess up bro.... you have a broke back mountain thing for bezos... :eek:

i enjoyed the first episodes, so i picked up the books. they are now on my holiday reading list.

i enjoyed the first episodes, so i picked up the books. they are now on my holiday reading list.

There are four or five in the middle that are just plain filler. But Sanderson does a pretty good job of tying up the loose ends.

There are four or five in the middle that are just plain filler. But Sanderson does a pretty good job of tying up the loose ends.

the first three have arrived. i may take a break and read tonight. many a series have lost me in the middle.

I was talking to Gravyrug about it earlier and we both agreed it's a lot better than the reviews would have you believe.

Four episodes in, and I'm still cautiously optimistic. The acting ranges from decent to quite good. My "That's not how it is in the book!" sense isn't overwhelming, I get the need to cut some things for both clarity and budget. I am slightly disappointed in the art/costume departments for going with muted colors for both the Tinkers and Thom Merrilin. Both should be eyeburningly gaudy.

I haven't read the reviews, but I'm betting the complaints are mostly gatekeeping purists who want the series to match their headcanon.

I couldn't wade my way through after Book 4. Just far too predictable...girls get in trouble and only because of fate escape...guys have to do what they have to do cause there is no one else to do it.

You can always tell books that were developed as they progress...no real plot

i'd have read more tonight, but i don't do well reading books after drinking.

I started the books when only three or four of them had been released. I read the next few as they were released, but got more and more confused because I couldn't remember who some of the characters were, because it had been literal years since I'd last read them.

I decided to continue picking them up (but not read them), then read them all from the beginning when the series was finished.

Then Jordan died, leaving it unfinished.

I'd heard good things about Sanderson's continuations, but didn't actually pick them up until the Covid lockdowns started and the Amazon series was announced. That motivated me to get them and reread the whole thing. Took a couple of months.

I haven't started watching the series yet. I'll probably wait until they're all out and then binge it.

I never read any of the books and would have never made it through as many as were written in the storyline.

But I have watched the first three episodes and enjoyed them. It appears to be a curious world, really a hodgepodge of weapons, cultures, technology, and fantasy.

I read these books as they came out. I must have read Eye of the World 5 times. By book 5 I cursed the author for ruining the series I had come to love. Then after cash cowing it, he did indeed die.

This show is pretty good. Yes Loial is way to small. I caught Nynaeve smooth her skirts in this last show but that was the only time.

5 episodes in and I’m enjoying it.

I've got a backlog of stuff to watch; I'll add it to the list. Never rad the books. Thanks.

Back