The Republican party wants to turn America into a theocracy

adrina

Heretic

The Republican party wants to turn America into a theocracy​

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/feb/23/republicans-american-theocracy

"The underlying issue is whether government can interfere in the most intimate aspects of people’s lives – not only barring people from obtaining IVF services but also forbidding them from entering into gay marriage, utilizing contraception, having out-of-wedlock births, ending their pregnancies, changing their genders, checking out whatever books they want from the library, and worshiping God in whatever way they wish (or not worshiping at all).

All these private freedoms are under increasing assault from Republican legislators and judges who want to impose their own morality on everyone else. Republicans are increasingly at war with America’s basic separation of church and state."

And they'll do it using Donald Trump - even though he is the very antithesis of their beliefs. The ends justify the means.

Make no mistake - they want to compel everyone to abide by their religious dogma. I'd say their beliefs but even they think they should be able to get abortions (and the rich will among them will) - just not the rabble, who can't be trusted.

who want to impose their own morality on everyone else.
That is what all political parties have always done. That is why they exist. But the bible thumpers are only one of the Pub factions. The factions must negotiate together and with the nation to set the party's priorities and get elected. We will have approximately as much theocracy as we want, in the messy way that our democracy generally works.

The Republican party wants to turn America into a theocracy​

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/feb/23/republicans-american-theocracy

"The underlying issue is whether government can interfere in the most intimate aspects of people’s lives – not only barring people from obtaining IVF services but also forbidding them from entering into gay marriage, utilizing contraception, having out-of-wedlock births, ending their pregnancies, changing their genders, checking out whatever books they want from the library, and worshiping God in whatever way they wish (or not worshiping at all).

All these private freedoms are under increasing assault from Republican legislators and judges who want to impose their own morality on everyone else. Republicans are increasingly at war with America’s basic separation of church and state."

And they'll do it using Donald Trump - even though he is the very antithesis of their beliefs. The ends justify the means.

Make no mistake - they want to compel everyone to abide by their religious dogma. I'd say their beliefs but even they think they should be able to get abortions (and the rich will among them will) - just not the rabble, who can't be trusted.

I definitely WILL “civil war” if this continues.

Those fucking zealots have already fired the first shot(s).

🤬

JFC

SAD!!!

Hold up! I’ve been told here that it’s the dems wanting to control people’s lives!

That is what all political parties have always done. That is why they exist. But the bible thumpers are only one of the Pub factions. The factions must negotiate together and with the nation to set the party's priorities and get elected. We will have approximately as much theocracy as we want, in the messy way that our democracy generally works.

Pardon, fuck off with your both sides nihilistic bullshit.

This isn't normal. This isn't "the usual". This is about a party who wants to dismantle democracy and replace it with a theocracy.

No, you fear mongering puppet, that's not true.

Is it possible for your Trump obsessed mind to find something better to do than spread your unending fear, hatred, and racism? Do you have friends? A partner? A life outside of this forum where you think you're important?

Just remember which party wants to eradicate the entire female gender down to not acknowledging the word 'woman'

Is it possible for your Trump obsessed mind to find something better to do than spread your unending fear, hatred, and racism? Do you have friends? A partner? A life outside of this forum where you think you're important?
This, of course, is what the Republicans have always said when called on their extremism. And it works precisely because the truth about them always sounds like it must be an exaggeration.
Just remember which party wants to eradicate the entire female gender down to not acknowledging the word 'woman'
According to your fevered imagination anyway.

Cut her some slack. The thread that has already been started on the Alabama court ruling wasn’t started by her. She needs her own megaphone. Humor her.

Trump obsessed ?

Even Trump is questioning Alabama’s ruling on IVF.

So, given Alabama’s Senator Tubberville has no clue what his own court did, exactly who should we fear?? In this case, it ain’t Trump

Given I have a niece by this prosedure, the Repugnantkans can all go to Hell. God apparently approves, despite what the Pope or Right winger’s may want to force us into believing.

Our God is more powerful. Ours created the Universe billions of years ago BILLIONS of lights years from here

Should trans women be allowed to use the ladies room? What's your opinion of trans men in the men's room?

Oh come off it. The reality is that Trump IS a danger to the US and the world. He has zero business near any levers of power.

If all you have is personal attacks then you've already lost.

Eradicate being a woman? The GOP is trying to criminalize it.

These are the words and thoughts of those who follow evil, not who will be allowed in my place.

Oklahoma State Sen. Tom Woods, a Republican, called Nex's death tragic and said his "heart goes out" to their family. But he went on to use the word "filth" to describe the LGBTQ+ community.
"We are a Republican state -- supermajority -- in the House and Senate. I represent a constituency that doesn't want that filth in Oklahoma," Woods said during a public meeting Friday, the Tahlequah Daily Press reported.
"We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state -- we are a moral state," he said. "We want to lower taxes and let people be able to live and work and go to the faith they choose. We are a Republican state and I'm going to vote my district, and I'm going to vote my values, and we don't want that in the state of Oklahoma."

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/202...m-footage-released-nex-bendict/2221708798931/

So then you have a third party viable alternative? My ears are open.
If public opinion turns solidly against the covid shots, then RFK Jr. may be the only viable presidential candidate. I haven't seen much of a third option in other races recently. If an entire third party becomes viable, then it has enough power to do and be the same shit that both parties do and are now.

Democrats just want more states like California where it is just a one-part rule like in the old Soviet Union.

If public opinion turns solidly against the covid shots, then RFK Jr. may be the only viable presidential candidate. I haven't seen much of a third option in other races recently. If an entire third party becomes viable, then it has enough power to do and be the same shit that both parties do and are now.

You seem to require clarification.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/viable

Viable.

c
(1)
: having a reasonable chance of succeeding
a viable candidate

Back