The New Young Justice (OOC)

I won't pretend to speak for Jeff or anything but at a blush he doesn't look too powerful at all and hopefully we'll be welcoming you to the team either as soon as we wrap up the current arc or a little later.

PS: Meant to post today. Probably will in the morning. Working on stuff is actually eating up a lot more energy than I expected. See ya!

You know, even after this reboot, we still don't have very many new characters. I wonder if maybe I should have just posted it in the ORP, lol.

LOL. I wandered through your page a few weeks back but I don't really friend people. I've been meaning for a long time to get a second page for Sean Renaud though.

I'm very much looking forward to this so

GET POSTING

Please. Thank you.

Sorry, I've got nothing else to do at the moment, and I really want to write this character.

I'm very much looking forward to this so

GET POSTING

Please. Thank you.

Sorry, I've got nothing else to do at the moment, and I really want to write this character.

hehehe

Not anxious, are we? :D

:cool:

I applied 5 days ago. I expected to see a post or two in the last few days.

You know how when you create a brand new character and you have all sorts of ideas you want to try out?

So in answer to your question Remec: yes, a bit.

Well, you could always start posting now in a "Meanwhile, at such and such place..." and start RPing your character's adventures prior to the party :).

I was the last one to post, and we're all pretty much tied up until Beast Boy responds to Pinkface, or until someone else breaks free.

Consider MY joy that it's not an Impulse(or lack there of) post, which is holding you guys up...this time around!!!

HOOO hah, I say.

WOO hoo, I call.

BOO yeahh, I celebrate even!

Hehe, sorry....I had to....take that, "Sean_Renaud"! *smirrrrk*

I told you before, if you guys were rebooting...."I" wasn't game. So probably not..?

But probably more because I just am not a fast enough writer to keep up(unlike the character, ironically, huh?? haha)...and I may have perhaps "filled" that open slot with your other new thread which I joined....right?

I guess I shouldn't say NEVER, but for now....I'm going to turn the cheek to the IC thread. And maybe pop in the OOC thread with my.....pearls of wisdom!! *mock grin*

I'll enjoy what you guys come up with in the mean time....:)

Okay. I'll reserve Impulse for you if you ever change your mind in the future :). And yes, you did join Misfits. Now if we can just get everyone else to post their bios, LOL!

Since we're mixing universes here, would it be possible that one of the aliens in Ben's Ominitrix be a Kryptonian?

I get curious about these things.

Or a Khund, or a Dominator, or... the DC Universe has a lot of aliens in it.

Last edited:
I don't know much about the non-main races in the DC Universe but I try to stray away from the really strong ones and the ones that other people might be. Also Ben 10 isn't entirely clear (and until recently when they officially absorbed the Secret Saturdays as part of their mythos) on how monsters and the such are. Generally it's assumed though that they are all aliens hence his Benwolf and Benmummy forms. I mention that mostly because Raven is half demon and there is no reason the Omnitrix shouldn't scan her, and for that matter most Super Heroes have powers that would set them apart from humans. (At least as much as say a Tiger is a different animal from a Bobcat and it's never clearly defined on that either.)

Anyway Jeff doesn't like the OP races and with good reason, they kinda make the rest of us pretty redundant pretty quick. Even well written Justice League stories often amount to the entire League stalling for time until Superman finishes/recovers/arrives to do the thing that only he can do. Also I felt like it would kinda lessen (especially in the first incarnation of Ben and the Titans where we had Superboy, Starfire, Wondergirl, and Miss Martian running around) that it would be odd if I could take their powers. The point of Ben isn't that he's Rogue or Megaman and jacks the powers of those around him. Also some of the races aren't great like I might use a Thanagarian if the story makes sense but otherwise I have better cannon choices. Hell I don't really have many worse choices. It must have been nice to have been around one hundred years ago when you could make a hero who's power was flight and people thought "Damn that guy's cool!" not "Lame, can he shoot lasers?"

Edit: I'm longwinded, and I apologize. What I should have said was I have no idea what the hella Khund or a Dominator is. If they are moderately powered I have no problem using them. I shant be turning into whatever the hell Darkseid is.

Last edited:
If you need a canon reason for him to never use the more powerful aliens, maybe their forms are locked on the device or something. Or since a Kryptonian is much like a normal human before absorbing solar energy, maybe it makes it pointless because by the time Ben absorbed enough energy to be really strong, the watch would time out or something and all that excess energy would explode or something.

What characters have been left to write for? I'm not 100% familiar with Young Justice.

If we need a cannon reason, and one that will answer why he doesn't use any of the forms since to the best of my knowledge Tamarians are just better (and in universe they never explain or if they did I blinked, why he doesn't turn into whatever the fuck Vilgax is or a High Breed) is either like you said they are so similar to humans that Azimuth decided against it (which makes as much sense as half his decisions) or the Gaurdians of the Galaxy said no.

I don't however really need a cannon reason so much as it's nice if we ever get into a huge fight and someone wants to ask why didn't you do X.

Welcome Wolfias. I don't know which characters are left, I'm not the YJ officianado. Jeff would know.

Sean, Khunds are strong, durable, purple humanoids. Dominators are toothy, manipulating humanoids. They were part of the alien invasion in the eighties.

If I get some time before its time for Power Knight to appear, I'll put up a solo adventure. Most of my free time has been filled with snow these last few days.

LOL. Sorry Wolfy I had already clicked on this before you posted and I didn't see ya.

We aren't REALLY using a solid cast from Young Justice or Teen Titans so listing characters who are left would quite literally take forever because it would include every character who isn't currently taken.

I'm playing Ben 10 of Ben 10, not even a DC character.
We've also got Nightwing, Beast Boy, Superboy, Raven and Poison Ivy. I believe Impulse/Kid Flash is on hold encase on of our friends decides to come back to us.

Thanks for the info Josh, I might use some of those forms.

Wikipedia is your friend. There's some other neat races out there, though I get confused by the 30th century legion of superheroes stuff. I'm more conversant with Marvel.

I'm playing an original character whose powers are based off of Starman's. Which is not to say we couldn't have a Stargirl.

What did you have in mind Wolfias?

Back