THE NEW CHYOO (with link)! Also, what features should be part of an updated CHYOO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to be able to see all ratings and comments for a single story. Or at least be able to sort the comments by story and date.

I would like to be able to see all ratings and comments for a single story. Or at least be able to sort the comments by story and date.
And to see which chapter they pertain to, which a respective link? That's what I'd think is most convenient for a moderator.

Oh, and this is yet another little nitpick, but are we able to see the chapter title (or the choice that led to the current chapter) of a thread on its page on the new Chyoo?

Last edited:
Friedman, I believe you mentioned that the site would be backed up to a certain point in the past. Would an editor have the option of "rolling back" to a previous incarnation of a story? Or a moderator, for an individual story.

Have you got some issues? I thought the new site was going to be ready the 4th

PS: in the meantime, I'm preparing a new story..I suggest the other authors to do the same :)

Last edited:

PS: in the meantime, I'm preparing a new story..I suggest the other authors to do the same :)

I've definitely got a couple stories in reserve, and I've been testing out my feelers to see if some people I know would be interested in joining up once the new Chyoo is here.

In point of fact, I've kind of been avoiding the site for a while because I don't want to further burden the process of porting everything over. I'm still unclear how this move is going to occur, so I'm thinking if there's less stress on a buggy system, things will run along more smoothly.

What are those issues? I'm sure all of the Chyoo users are eager to facilitate this new site that we may consider our digital "home," so we're willing to sympathize. I can speak from years of experience that it's handy to keep at a project after a minor setback like this. I used to procrastinate terribly in school up until the end, and learned quickly the benefits of getting my work out of the way as soon as possible. :)

I was just curious, no hurry :)

And on the same subject, if possible I'd advise to only port worthwhile stories...I mean, It makes little sense to port hundreds of stories with 1-2 posts each.

Friedman, I believe you mentioned that the site would be backed up to a certain point in the past. Would an editor have the option of "rolling back" to a previous incarnation of a story? Or a moderator, for an individual story.

That's right, and I have already planned a versioning feature to roll back to older versions of a thread. But this is for later improvement, not the beta version.

I'm glad you're already working on a new story. I have some complications with character encodings when synchronizing the stories and threads of the old version, since they are not coherent. But I expect to solve this issue by tomorrow. My goal is to release the beta on Saturday.

I was just curious, no hurry :)

And on the same subject, if possible I'd advise to only port worthwhile stories...I mean, It makes little sense to port hundreds of stories with 1-2 posts each.

Because from a programing standpoint it would be far easier to take everything then to pick and choose.

Because from a programing standpoint it would be far easier to take everything then to pick and choose.
Idk to be honest.
Maybe there's an easy way to identify those 1\2\3 posts stories and either do not import or delete them (thereafter).
It's probably not so important anyway, I'm far more interested in the (potential) new features..we'll see as soon as it's all ready :)

PS: thx for answering Frieman, keep up the good work.

Idk to be honest.
Maybe there's an easy way to identify those 1\2\3 posts stories and either do not import or delete them (thereafter).
Typically people add to stories which are easier for them to understand, such as stories which pander to a flat, one-off fetish and superficial pop culture. Longer stories can also be a product of users who aim for quantity rather than quality. High-concept stories which challenge writers more tend to get ignored, and end up with very few posts. These stories also require more brainstorming beforehand. New stories whose potential has had very little time to mature also have very few posts. New writers have shorter stories with fewer posts for multiple reasons: They've had less time to write stories. Other users gravitate towards "safe" options of other users who are familiar to them. These sorts of reasons might make it sound like abandoning stories based on length is kind of insensitive. Sort of like an abortion, or a popularity contest.

I apologize for the growing off-topic nature of this post.

Last edited:
Friedman, will the new site properly support cyrillics? I have a plan to try start few Russian and\or Ukrainian stories and invite friends to contribute

Friedman, will the new site properly support cyrillics? I have a plan to try start few Russian and\or Ukrainian stories and invite friends to contribute

I'm happy to hear that. Russian and Ukrainian should work, since the site is encoded in utf-8. Only the old site does not properly encode characters.

Typically people add to stories which are easier for them to understand, such as stories which pander to a flat, one-off fetish and superficial pop culture. Longer stories can also be a product of users who aim for quantity rather than quality. High-concept stories which challenge writers more tend to get ignored, and end up with very few posts. These stories also require more brainstorming beforehand. New stories whose potential has had very little time to mature also have very few posts. New writers have shorter stories with fewer posts for multiple reasons: They've had less time to write stories. Other users gravitate towards "safe" options of other users who are familiar to them. These sorts of reasons might make it sound like abandoning stories based on length is kind of insensitive. Sort of like an abortion, or a popularity contest.
Yeah, you're probably right.
I just hope they will not remain abandoned to one post or a few more, the good ones.

um, ok but corruption is not easy to solve but with this new site we can add new mods and try to make sure the community is healthier. Honestly I don't see how that relates to the issues we talked about.

Hi, Mack2028! Welcome to the forums! Have you had the chance to check out our informative sticky threads yet? I hope you enjoy your time at Chyoo!

As a new user, what features would you look for in a collaborative storytelling website that haven't been listed thus far?

Last edited:
Mostly I would just like to see the new site up. I am onboard for most if not all of the suggestions. It would be nice to see some new mods and it would be good if abandon stories were available to add on to. Other than that and cleaning up the way voting works so you can actually say how you feel about a thread and perhaps a notes page on each thread where you can get real feedback about your writing and respond to it.

You don't need to add any; jakelyon, for instance, is a (self-proclaimed) active Mod on the site (I've had lots of good, frequent, positive contact with him) who is in the position & would do the job well. All that need be done is removing the Mods (1 each on site & Forums) who are violating rues &/or doing the job wrong.

Also, it doesn't need to relate to any of the issues you talked about with anyone! It is something different that should/shouldn't be on the site, which is the thread subject!

i asked because you quoted me in your now deleted post. the post you quoted was giving a reason we should not pick and choose which stories got ported and just port them all.

1. I am not online regularly, so I can understand, that it would be annoying to someone, if they contribute a post to a story and it needs a long time until it gets approval.
So I thought about a sitter-system.
For example after a post is made and not approved by the story owner
- a preffered Sitter (people I trust) could do after 2 weeks of inactivity
- a trusted writer could do after 6 weeks of inactivity
- a mod could do after 12 weeks of inactivity

this would ensure, that the story creator would own his story forever, but allows contributions, if he is on a 6-months world tour.

Maybe if a action is in case, the possible Sitter get a notification and can accept the job (first come, first serve). If they are inactive for a long time or the account owner get back, they would loose there rights over the other account.

2. using of common variables
Maybe it would be an option to define variables in the user-profile.
Examples:
- female first name (your or your partners name)
- female last name (maiden name) (your or your partners name)
- male first name (your or your partners name)
- male last name (your or your partners name)
- girl-i-want-to-fuck first name (your or your partners choice)
- boy-i-want-to-fuck first name (your or your partners choice)
these choices could be made available in all stories, titles, etc., even if you haven't started a story.

3. variables with choose-options in case of a very open variable system
example: at the beginning you could choose between cup size C, D and E
so it wouldn't be possible to get "she got really big boobs, probably A-cups" as output. This would keep the responsibility of the story logic at the writer.

4. showing of the last debut-contributions (for main page)
Maybe it would be nice to link posts which are the first one (two, three) of a user.
pro: more motivation for a newcomer
contra: exploitable to get attention

Tomorrow is the day. I have now fixed the existing synchronization problem, so we can start on Sunday. Until then I will do some final tests.

Excellent. I have new content I have been holding on to because I didn't want to deal with the old site and so I would have items to test the submission process.

Last edited:
I'm pleased to announce the beta of the new Chyoo. We've been working on it for more than two months. The development process consisted of two main parts. The first one was the synchronization. We had to crawl the old site, analyze and process it. The other part included the designing and programming of the new site.

Murakami has done a great job regarding the user interface and design. I also had another non-literotica user who helped with programming the site.

The new site is at the moment hosted on www.chyoa.com, and you can use your former username and password to sign in.

Within the next days, I will continuously enable additional features like a global white/blacklist to make the experience even more enjoyable.

There are certainly bugs and room for improvement, and I'm willing to work on those. If you find any bugs, please report them to email@chyoa.com or use the "Report a problem" feature.

The new Chyoo synchronizes the content from the old site regularly, but only one-sided. There is no backward synchronization.

There may also be incorrect information about your age, since the old site didn't store the birthday. Please check that!

I hope you will like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back