The Miseducation of the American Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesn't "just happen" the people all around us are our role models. You mentioned getting a group of boys together. They take curs and model each others behavior. They model the behavior of the adults around them.
Yes, and that does just happen. Outside of unusual circumstances, everyone grows up around male and female adults and peers. That is all that is needed.

There is no reason why anyone should listen to anyone who says you are toxic for being a boy, and there is certainly no reason why anyone should pay any attention to Andrew Tate.

I don't disagree with either of those statements.
But when you have a culture increasingly pushing the first, you are going to get more of the second.

I don't believe that is what the article you linked to is saying. It does say: "The fitness world has always favoured one body type over another — that is, the slim, white body — and people whose bodies do not match this norm are constantly left out of dominant representations."

That's a far cry from the way you've summarized it.

Andrew Tate is not a lone voice in the wilderness saying this. Most people of all stripes would agree with the statement "working out and being fit and healthy is good." Most people would also agree that many of the other things that Andrew Tate has said are disgusting. Like these little gems:

"If you put yourself in a position to be raped, you must bare [sic] some responsibility."

"So people defend depression. They get angry when I say this. Because they need this bullshit to justify their own failures. By admitting I’m right, they need to work hard to make themselves happy. To avoid the work – argue with me and pretend depression is a thing."

"I'm not a rapist, but I like the idea of just being able to do what I want. I like being free."

Andrew Tate doesn't represent a natural and inevitable response to feminist extremes. He's just an asshole who is being investigated for human trafficking and rape.
This so much 👆👆👆

I’m a feminist and I take zero if not negative a Googol responsibility for that rapist apologist (and allegedly rapist) POS.

I’m happy to debate, but if blaming women for Tate is part of the argument, I’m out.

Pace Godwin’s Law, that is seriously like blaming Jews for Hitler.

Em

This so much 👆👆👆

I’m a feminist and I take zero if not negative a Googol responsibility for that rapist apologist (and allegedly rapist) POS.

I’m happy to debate, but if blaming women for Tate is part of the argument, I’m out.

Pace Godwin’s Law, that is seriously like blaming Jews for Hitler.

Em

Since we've already invoked Godwin's law, there's an old saying:
Weimar didn't create Hitler, but Hitler couldn't have happened without Weimar.

So perhaps it's better to say modern feminists didn't create Tate, but they created an environment where he could thrive.

Since we've already invoked Godwin's law, there's an old saying:
Weimar didn't create Hitler, but Hitler couldn't have happened without Weimar.

So perhaps it's better to say modern feminists didn't create Tate, but they created an environment where he could thrive.
I’m out.

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back