The DEFINATIVE thread of RPG humor!

Ravenloft

Sweet Rogue
152 Rules for Being an Evil Overlord
Based on Peter Anspach's list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being an Evil Overlord seems to be a good career choice. It pays well, there are all sorts of perks and you can set your own hours. However every Evil Overlord I've read about in books or seen in movies invariably gets overthrown and destroyed in the end. I've noticed that no matter whether they are barbarian lords, deranged wizards, mad scientists or alien invaders, they always seem to make the same basic mistakes every single time. Therefore, if I ever happen to become an Evil Overlord:

1. My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.

2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

3. My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.

4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

5. The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object that is my one weakness.

6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

7. When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

8. After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.

9. I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labeled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labeled as such.

10. I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

11. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

12. One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

14. The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form of last request.

15. I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know."

17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.

18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

20. Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

21. I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap knock-offs that make them look like Nazi storm troopers, Roman foot soldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and I want my troops to have a more positive mind-set.

22. No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.

23. I will keep a special cache of low-tech weapons and train my troops in their use. That way -- even if the heroes manage to neutralize my power generator and/or render the standard-issue energy weapons useless -- my troops will not be overrun by a handful of savages armed with spears and rocks.

24. I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

25. No matter how well it would perform, I will never construct any sort of machinery which is completely indestructible except for one small and virtually inaccessible vulnerable spot.

26. No matter how attractive certain members of the rebellion are, there is probably someone just as attractive who is not desperate to kill me. Therefore, I will think twice before ordering a prisoner sent to my bedchamber.

27. I will never build only one of anything important. All important systems will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For the same reason I will always carry at least two fully loaded weapons at all times.

28. My pet monster will be kept in a secure cage from which it cannot escape and into which I could not accidentally stumble.

29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion.

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

31. All naive, busty tavern wenches in my realm will be replaced with surly, world-weary waitresses who will provide no unexpected reinforcement and/or romantic subplot for the hero or his sidekick.

32. I will not fly into a rage and kill a messenger who brings me bad news just to illustrate how evil I really am. Good messengers are hard to come by.

33. I won't require high-ranking female members of my organization to wear a stainless-steel bustier. Morale is better with a more casual dress code. Similarly, outfits made entirely from black leather will be reserved for formal occasions.

34. I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.

35. I will not grow a goatee. In the old days they made you look diabolic. Now they just make you look like a disaffected member of Generation X.

36. I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cellblock, let alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I will keep the only key to the cell door on my person instead of handing out copies to every bottom-rung guard in the prison.

37. If my trusted lieutenant tells me my Legions of Terror are losing a battle, I will believe him. After all, he's my trusted lieutenant.

38. If an enemy I have just killed has a younger sibling or offspring anywhere, I will find them and have them killed immediately, instead of waiting for them to grow up harboring feelings of vengeance towards me in my old age.

39. If I absolutely must ride into battle, I will certainly not ride at the forefront of my Legions of Terror, nor will I seek out my opposite number among his army.

40. I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

41. Once my power is secure, I will destroy all those pesky time-travel devices.

42. When I capture the hero, I will make sure I also get his dog, monkey, ferret, or whatever sickeningly cute little animal capable of untying ropes and filching keys happens to follow him around.

43. I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture the beautiful rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and good looks and will gladly betray her companions if I just let her in on my plans.

44. I will only employ bounty hunters who work for money. Those who work for the pleasure of the hunt tend to do dumb things like even the odds to give the other guy a sporting chance.

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.

46. If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

47. If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to mature.

48. I will treat any beast which I control through magic or technology with respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever broken, it will not immediately come after me for revenge.

49. If I learn the whereabouts of the one artifact which can destroy me, I will not send all my troops out to seize it. Instead I will send them out to seize something else and quietly put a Want-Ad in the local paper.

50. My main computers will have their own special operating system that will be completely incompatible with standard IBM and Macintosh PowerBooks.

51. If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the conditions in the beautiful princess' cell, I will immediately transfer him to a less people-oriented position.

52. I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to examine my castle and inform me of any secret passages and abandoned tunnels that I might not know about.

53. If the beautiful princess that I capture says "I'll never marry you! Never, do you hear me, NEVER!!!", I will say "Oh well" and kill her.

54. I will not strike a bargain with a demonic being then attempt to double-cross it simply because I feel like being contrary.

55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert missions that require tact and subtlety, I will first see if there is anyone else equally qualified who would attract less attention.

56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

57. Before employing any captured artifacts or machinery, I will carefully read the owner's manual.

58. If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner.

59. I will never build a sentient computer smarter than I am.

60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will not be used. Note: this also applies to passwords.

61. If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad scheme?", I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies them.

62. I will design fortress hallways with no alcoves or protruding structural supports which intruders could use for cover in a firefight.

63. Bulk trash will be disposed of in incinerators, not compactors. And they will be kept hot, with none of that nonsense about flames going through accessible tunnels at predictable intervals.

64. I will see a competent psychiatrist and get cured of all extremely unusual phobias and bizarre compulsive habits which could prove to be a disadvantage.

65. If I must have computer systems with public ally available terminals, the maps they display of my complex will have a room clearly marked as the Main Control Room. That room will be the Execution Chamber. The actual main control room will be marked as Sewage Overflow Containment.

66. My security keypad will actually be a fingerprint scanner. Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of buttons or dusts the pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to enter by repeating that sequence will trigger the alarm system.

67. No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a full-scale emergency.

68. I will spare someone who saved my life sometime in the past. This is only reasonable as it encourages others to do so. However, the offer is good one time only. If they want me to spare them again, they'd better save my life again.

69. All midwives will be banned from the realm. All babies will be delivered at state-approved hospitals. Orphans will be placed in foster-homes, not abandoned in the woods to be raised by creatures of the wild.

70. When my guards split up to search for intruders, they will always travel in groups of at least two. They will be trained so that if one of them disappears mysteriously while on patrol, the other will immediately initiate an alert and call for backup, instead of quizzically peering around a corner.

71. If I decide to test a lieutenant's loyalty and see if he/she should be made a trusted lieutenant, I will have a crack squad of marksmen standing by in case the answer is no.

72. If all the heroes are standing together around a strange device and begin to taunt me, I will pull out a conventional weapon instead of using my unstoppable superweapon on them.

73. I will not agree to let the heroes go free if they win a rigged contest, even though my advisors assure me it is impossible for them to win.

74. When I create a multimedia presentation of my plan designed so that my five-year-old advisor can easily understand the details, I will not label the disk "Project Overlord" and leave it lying on top of my desk.

75. I will instruct my Legions of Terror to attack the hero en masse, instead of standing around waiting while members break off and attack one or two at a time.

76. If the hero runs up to my roof, I will not run up after him and struggle with him in an attempt to push him over the edge. I will also not engage him at the edge of a cliff. (In the middle of a rope-bridge over a river of molten lava is not even worth considering.)

77. If I have a fit of temporary insanity and decide to give the hero the chance to reject a job as my trusted lieutenant, I will retain enough sanity to wait until my current trusted lieutenant is out of earshot before making the offer.

78. I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" The command will be "And try to take him alive if it is reasonably practical."

79. If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as soon as it has been employed it will be melted down and made into limited-edition commemorative coins.

80. If my weakest troops fail to eliminate a hero, I will send out my best troops instead of wasting time with progressively stronger ones as he gets closer and closer to my fortress.

81. If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed him, and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops flat, I too will drop flat instead of quizzically turning around to find out what he saw.

82. I will not shoot at any of my enemies if they are standing in front of the crucial support beam to a heavy, dangerous, unbalanced structure.

83. If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks for both of us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch with him.

84. I will not have captives of one sex guarded by members of the opposite sex.

85. I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

86. I will make sure that my doomsday device is up to code and properly grounded.

87. My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use. Also, I will not construct walkways above them.

88. If a group of henchmen fail miserably at a task, I will not berate them for incompetence then send the same group out to try the task again.

89. After I captures the hero's superweapon, I will not immediately disband my legions and relax my guard because I believe whoever holds the weapon is unstoppable. After all, the hero held the weapon and I took it from him.

90. I will not design my Main Control Room so that every workstation is facing away from the door.

91. I will not ignore the messenger that stumbles in exhausted and obviously agitated until my personal grooming or current entertainment is finished. It might actually be important.

92. If I ever talk to the hero on the phone, I will not taunt him. Instead I will say that his dogged perseverance has given me new insight on the futility of my evil ways and that if he leaves me alone for a few months of quiet contemplation I will likely return to the path of righteousness. (Heroes are incredibly gullible in this regard.)

93. If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero is scheduled to go first.

94. When arresting prisoners, my guards will not allow them to stop and grab a useless trinket of purely sentimental value.

95. My dungeon will have its own qualified medical staff complete with bodyguards. That way if a prisoner becomes sick and his cellmate tells the guard it's an emergency, the guard will fetch a trauma team instead of opening up the cell for a look.

96. My door mechanisms will be designed so that blasting the control panel on the outside seals the door and blasting the control panel on the inside opens the door, not vice versa.

97. My dungeon cells will not be furnished with objects that contain reflective surfaces or anything that can be unraveled.

98. If an attractive young couple enters my realm, I will carefully monitor their activities. If I find they are happy and affectionate, I will ignore them. However if circumstance have forced them together against their will and they spend all their time bickering and criticizing each other except during the intermittent occasions when they are saving each others' lives at which point there are hints of sexual tension, I will immediately order their execution.

99. Any data file of crucial importance will be padded to 1.45Mb in size.

100. Finally, to keep my subjects permanently locked in a mindless trance, I will provide each of them with free unlimited Internet access.

101. I will not order my trusted lieutenant to kill the infant who is destined to overthrow me -- I'll do it myself.

102. I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.

103. I will make it clear that I do know the meaning of the word "mercy"; I simply choose not show them any.

104. My undercover agents will not have tattoos identifying them as members of my organization, nor will they be required to wear military boots or adhere to any other dress codes.

105. I will design all doomsday machines myself. If I must hire a mad scientist to assist me, I will make sure that he is sufficiently twisted to never regret his evil ways and seek to undo the damage he's caused.

106. If my supreme command center comes under attack, I will immediately flee to safety in my prepared escape pod and direct the defenses from there. I will not wait until the troops break into my inner sanctum to attempt this.

107. Even though I don't really care because I plan on living forever, I will hire engineers who are able to build me a fortress sturdy enough that, if I am slain, it won't tumble to the ground for no good structural reason.

108. Any and all magic and/or technology that can miraculously resurrect a secondary character who has given up his/her life through self sacrifice will be outlawed and destroyed.

109. I will see to it that plucky young lads/lasses in strange clothes and with the accent of an outlander shall REGULARLY climb some monument in the main square of my capital and denounce me, claim to know the secret of my power, rally the masses to rebellion, etc. That way, the citizens will be jaded in case the real thing ever comes along.

110. I will not employ devious schemes that involve the hero's party getting into my inner sanctum before the trap is sprung.

111. I will offer oracles the choice of working exclusively for me or being executed.

112. I will not rely entirely upon "totally reliable" spells that can be neutralized by relatively inconspicuous talismen.

113. I will make the main entrance to my fortress standard-sized. While elaborate 60-foot high double-doors definitely impress the masses, they are hard to close quickly in an emergency.

114. I will never accept a challenge from the hero.

115. I will not engage an enemy single-handedly until all my soldiers are dead.

116. If I capture the hero's starship, I will keep it in the landing bay with the ramp down, only a few token guards on duty and a ton of explosives set to go off as soon as it clears the blast-range.

117. No matter how much I want revenge, I will never order an underling "Leave him. He's mine!"

118. If I have equipment which performs an important function, it will not be activated by a lever that someone could trigger by accidentally falling on when fatally wounded.

119. I will not attempt to kill the hero by placing a venomous creature in his room. It will just wind up accidentally killing one of my clumsy hencemen instead.

120. Since nothing is more irritating than a hero defeating you with basic math skills, all of my personal weapons will be modified to fire one more shot than the standard issue.

121. If I come into possession of an artifact which can only be used by the pure of heart, I will not attempt to use it regardless.

122. The gun turrets on my fortress will not rotate enough so that they may direct fire inward or at each other.

123. If I decide to hold a contest of skill open to the general public, contestants will be required to remove their hooded cloaks and shave their beards before entering.

124. Prior to kidnapping an older male scientist and forcing him to work for me, I will investigate his offspring and make sure that he has neither a beautiful but naive daughter who is willing to risk anything to get him back, nor an estranged son who works in the same field but had a falling-out with his father many years ago.

125. Should I actually decide to kill the hero in an elaborate escape-proof deathtrap room (water filling up, sand pouring down, walls converging, etc.) I will not leave him alone five-to-ten minutes prior to "imminent" death, but will instead (finding a vantage point or monitoring camera) stick around and enjoy watching my adversary's demise.

126. Rather than having only one secret escape pod, which the hero can easily spot and follow, I'll simultaneously launch a few dozen decoys to throw him off track.

127. Prison guards will have their own cantina featuring a wide variety of tasty treats that will deliver snacks to the guards while on duty. The guards will also be informed that accepting food or drink from any other source will result in execution.

128. I will not employ robots as agents of destruction if there is any possible way that they can be re-programmed or if their battery packs are externally mounted and easily removable.

129. Despite the delicious irony, I will not force two heroes to fight each other in the arena.

130. All members of my Legions of Terror will have professionally tailored uniforms. If the hero knocks a soldier unconscious and steals the uniform, the poor fit will give him away.

131. I will never place the key to a cell just out of a prisoner's reach.

132. Before appointing someone as my trusted lieutenant, I will conduct a thorough background investigation and security clearance.

133. If I find my beautiful consort with access to my fortress has been associating with the hero, I'll have her executed. It's regrettable, but new consorts are easier to get than new fortresses and maybe the next one will pay attention at the orientation meeting.

134. If I am escaping in a large truck and the hero is pursuing me in a small Italian sports car, I will not wait for the hero to pull up along side of me and try to force him off the road as he attempts to climb aboard. Instead I will slam on the brakes when he's directly behind me. (A rudimentary knowledge of physics can prove quite useful.)

135. My doomsday machine will have a highly-advanced technological device called a capacitor in case someone inconveniently pulls the plug at the last second. (If I have access to REALLY advanced technology, I will include a back-up device known as a battery.)

136. If I build a bomb, I will simply remember which wire to cut if it has to be deactivated and make every wire red.

137. Before spending available funds on giant gargoyles, gothic arches, or other cosmetically intimidating pieces of architecture, I will see if there are any valid military expenditures that could use the extra budget.

138. The passageways to and within my domain will be well-lit with fluorescent lighting. Regrettably, the spooky atmosphere will be lost, but my security patrols will be more effective.

139. If I'm sitting in my camp, hear a twig snap, start to investigate, then encounter a small woodland creature, I will send out some scouts anyway just to be on the safe side. (If they disappear into the foliage, I will not send out another patrol; I will break out the napalm.)

140. I will instruct my guards when checking a cell that appears empty to look for the chamber pot. If the chamber pot is still there, then the prisoner has escaped and they may enter and search for clues. If the chamber pot is not there, then either the prisoner is perched above the lintel waiting to strike them with it or else he decided to take it as a souvenir (in which case he is obviously deeply disturbed and poses no threat). Either way, there's no point in entering.

141. As an alternative to not having children, I will have lots of children. My sons will be too busy jockeying for position to ever be a real threat, and the daughters will all sabotage each other's attempts to win the hero.

142. If I have children and subsequently grandchildren, I will keep my three-year-old granddaughter near me at all times. When the hero enters to kill me, I will ask him to first explain to her why it is necessary to kill her beloved grandpa. When the hero launches into an explanation of morality way over her head, that will be her cue to pull the lever and send him into the pit of crocodiles. After all, small children like crocodiles almost as much as Evil Overlords and it's important to spend quality time with the grandkids.

143. If one of my daughters actually manages to win the hero and openly defies me, I will congratulate her on her choice, declare a national holiday to celebrate the wedding, and proclaim the hero my heir. This will probably be enough to break up the relationship. If not, at least I am assured that no hero will attack my Legions of Terror when they are holding a parade in his honor.

144. I will order my guards to stand in a line when they shoot at the hero so he cannot duck and have them accidentally shoot each other. Also, I will order some to aim above, below, and to the sides so he cannot jump out of the way.

145. My dungeon cell decor will not feature exposed pipes. While they add to the gloomy atmosphere, they are good conductors of vibrations and a lot of prisoners know Morse code.

146. If my surveillance reports any un-manned or seemingly innocent ships found where they are not supposed to be, they will be immediately vaporized instead of brought in for salvage.

147. I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

148. Before ridiculing my enemies for wasting time on a device to stop me that couldn't possibly work, I will first acquire a copy of the schematics and make sure that in fact it couldn't possibly work.

149. Ropes supporting various fixtures will not be tied next to open windows or staircases, and chandeliers will be hung way at the top of the ceiling.

150. When the rebel leader challenges me to fight one-on-one and asks, "Or are you afraid without your armies to back you up?" My reply will be, "No, just sensible."

151. If I make a zombie out of one of the heroes, rather than killing him, I will not put him in a position where he will make ANY contact with his friends, lest he remember them and turn against me, or they learn how to free all my zombies by freeing him.

152. If I corrupt any of the heroes and turn them to the "Dark Side," I will not tell them to prove their loyalty by killing their former friends or family members.

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:51:50 CEST "Iguana From Hell" (iguanafromhell@hotmail.com) submitted:
Five things you DON'T want your players to say:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Ranger wearing plate mail in a misty echoing crypt: "I try to
move silently"

2.Apprentice to mage "By the way master, I finally shot that pesky
owl that kept following you around."

3.Party fighting a band of thieves in a 4X3X4m room, when the mage
says, with serious tone: "Hell, I cast a fireball,
THAT'll teach'em."

4.Party laying on a hillside spying on the Imperial Army of Darkness
commanded by Gul the Necromancer himself (+/- 10,000 troops)
"Hmmm, if we attack from the rear, do we get bonuses on
our attack roll??"

5.Paladin as the lone survivor of a party of 7 facing an army of
evil and undead creatures, which just slaughtered his fellow
adventurers: "Huh, why should I run? I got protection from
evil in a 15ft radius, THEY can't touch me" (last words).

YOU MIGHT BE A GAMER IF...
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.misc

...loosing your dice bag would be a serious financial blow.

...you could paper you bathroom in character sheets.

...you could paper your bathroom in different versions of just ONE character.

...you are unable to walk past the latest TSR supplement without leafing through it, even though you know it's going to be bad.

...you have more entertaining "No-shit,-there-I-was-in-a-game" stories than you do anecdotes about your family.

...you talk about your characters as if they are real people.

...you alternate between referring to your characters in the first and the third person.

... and none of your friends gets confused.

...you've ever spent a significant fraction of your life modifying game rules that you didn't like... and, as soon as the system worked to your satisfaction, discarded it.

...when someone says "The blue books," you don't automatically picture the kind that they give you during a college final exam.

...you worship idols of Gary Gygax in your basement.

...you burn Gary Gygax in effigy in your back yard.

...you will not buy comic books with the Dragon Strike (tm) logo on the back.

...you've ever seen the old AD&D tv series.

...you're still reading this list.

...you hang out with people you actively dislike because they give good role- play.

...you've ever gotten into a screaming match over something that happened in a game... (You are so dead! I am not dead!)

...you've ever neglected to buy the new edition of your favourite game because you already have three.

...you have more than one photocopied bootleg of a gaming text.

...you keep old characters around just in case someone might run that system again. (Never mind that its TS: SI)

...You knew what I meant when I said TS:SI.

...you have a PhD in manipulating point systems to the best effect, even though you failed high school geometry.

..you can consume your body weight in junk food in one gaming session.

...you consider Altoids, Salt-&-Vinegar chips, and blue Teeni Hugs a balanced diet. (or even an acceptable combination.)

...you have been known to drive to far away places where you paid enormous amounts of money for the privelege of sleeping on floors, eating crap, buying little pewter statues of Gandalf, and meeting dozens of psychopathic members of the alternate (or similar) sex who will follow you around for months, merely for the pleasure of playing with gamers you don't know.

...and then signed up en masse with all of you friends to play in games with game masters who you've known since high school.

...you own your own weight in gaming books.

...the owners of local hobby stores take your checks without ID because they know where you live.

...you can do AD&D money conversions in your head.

...you could wallpaper you bedroom in Dragon Mirths (tm).

...you consider the demise of "What's New With Phil & Dixie" a blow to great literature.

...you consider the resurrection of "What's New With Phis & Dixie" the redeeming feature of Magic: The Gathering.

...you consider the 20th century a state of mind.

...you have a random NPC generator, written in BASIC, designed to run on the Trash-80 or the Commodore 64.

...you've ever designed your own character sheets.

...you can be more that three NPCs at the same time without generating more than reasonable confusion in your players.

...you have ever played a Dwarven character who did not have "axe" or "beard" ANYWHERE in his or her name.

...you know how to sex dwarves. (chromosome typing- required a blood sample. I'M not getting it...)

...you've ever tried to explain gaming to a school counselor, parent, or other PW/OC (Person With/Out Clue).

...you've suceeded.

...you've played Talisman more than once.

...you've finished a game of Talisman.

...more than once.

...you're STILL reading this list.

...you can quote extensively from the Wandering Damage Tables.

...you've mistaken a d12 or a double d10 for a d20 while playing AD&D and had a THAC0 low enough to hit the 8HD monster, anyway...

...you understood that.

...you carry AD&D insurance.

...your AC is so low that even you can't hit yourself.

...an 87 point Balrog is no big thrill anymore.

... you bring your dicebag even to diceless roleplaying events.

...you've ever discovered, after gaming with your significant other, that you like their character better than you do them.

...you have friends or acquaintances who regularly refer to you as "Og." (Or something similar.)

...you've ceased responding to your birth name.

...you spend more money on dice than on food.

...you sometimes forget what century this is.

...your first response to any frustrating situation is, "I bash it with my axe."

...you know a lot of gaming jokes that used to be funny once.

...your friend(s) who does not game feels very left out of all of your conversations.

...you have more gaming books than the local hobby store.

...you've discovered that spare dice make good beanbag filler.

...you knew that that last question was a ringer: who has more dice than they can use?

... you have a copy of "Dark Dungeons" kicking around somewhere because a: you thought it was funny b: your parents got concerned that you were living in a fantasy realm.

...you're sortof dissapointed that you haven't reached the level where they start teaching you the real spells (as described in the above "Dark Dungeons" pamphlet) yet: You're sure you must be a high enough level.

...you've been gaming for more than half of your life.

...you still laugh when someone says "Hey, Dave, I think the barbarian in the corner wants another beer."

...the phrase "Collect Call of Cthulhu" brings back fond memories.

...you can quote the whole "Trolls! Mutants! Trolls! Mutants!" strip from "what's New With Phil & Dixie."

...you knew a female gamer once.

...you were a female gamer once.

...you tend to play characters as different from you in race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and what have you as possible, just to confuse your friends.

...(For New Englanders only) You were able to find stuff at "Flock, Stock, and Barrel."

...you've been known to have in-depth conversations about the relative merits of Champions, V&V, Marvel, and DC heroes... ignoring the fact that all superhero systems are intrinsically sucky.

...you like one of the above systems enough that you yelped when I called them all, "sucky."

...you've thought of four or five additions to this list.

...you actually bought TSR's "Dungeoneer's Survival Guide" when it first came out.

...you've ever tried to discover the strengths and weaknesses of a haemophiliac werewolf.

...someone is attempting to explain the floorplan of a building to you and you immediately start thinking in terms of 10X10 squares.

...or 6'x6' hexes.

...your first though upon walking into a friend's domicile is to reflect on where you'd put the machine-gun nest.

Subject: Re: You might be a gamer if...
Date: 18 Apr 1995 04:45 CDT

Everything you see, hear, or taste translates into some form of stats for a game. ("Wow! That move was cool...that means he's got Swing S
On the same note:

..you and your friends have spent a screening of "The Crow" assigning vampire clans to the various characters.

..you actually wear that little ankh that comes in the Vampire Live-Action box...in everyday life.

..you've ever gotten wierd looks from other customers at places like Denny's or IHOP because of the nature of your conversations.

..a friend of yours screws something up and you respond with, "looks like you failed your _________ roll."

..you've actually paid to have custom fangs made.

..you wear these fangs in everyday life (not to mention Renaissance festivals).

..you've ever argued against a combat rule based on your experience in the SCA/Military/Police, etc.

..you have a dozen things in mind for when you come across a magic lamp.

Matociquala (matociquala@delphi.com) wrote:

See what I mean? If anyone has any further additions to this monster, send 'em
along. If I get enough....

There may be a whole new other list happening...

I reserve the right to edit for clarity.....

Okay, how about these?

- when you talk about the "good old days" you mean when games cost $12 and came with their own dice.

- If you played a different game every night, you'd need a fifty-day week to use your RPG collection to its full extent.

- The six-siders in your dice bag have been worn down to the point that they look like 20-siders.

- your car and/or home is falling apart, you're wearing the same clothes you wore in the 1980's, and you miss meals regularly, but you've got the money in the bank for the next year's worth of <insert favorite game company>'s products.

- If your computer broke down, your biggest worry is how you'd print out your character sheets.

- you can cite the differences between "official" Star Trek, and FASA Star Trek, and Star Fleet Battles.

- your character has more close friends than you do.

- you have more Star Frontiers modules than you have close friends.

- you could write a biography of your character easier than you could write your own autobiography.

- you think that such a biography WOULD BE an autobiography.

- you can't find your favorite shirt, but you know where all the dice that came with your first D&D set are.

- you remember when games gave you tips on "inking" dice with crayon.

- you can give no fewer than six different speeches on "what is roleplaying?", verbatim, from the introductions to different games.

- you've bought a game even though you didn't like the genre or the rules, so that you could fix the rules and convert them to a different genre.

- you've looked into how much it would cost to build a castle

- there is virtually no game that you can't name the genre, company, or country of origin for (Hunter Planet, anyone?).

- your most important criteria for a mate is that they're a gamer, too.

- you're a hetero male and you've considered changing orientation just to find a mate to meet that criterion (that's a word, right?).

- you've ever written a speech for your character to make just in case he should find himself in such a situation.

- you remember when all games referred to characters as "he".

-- Kevin Mowery --- kemowery@freenet.columbus.oh.us --- Imagine a world with no hypothetical situations...
Date: 18 Apr 1995 00:44:53 -0500

kemowery@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Kevin Mowery) writes: >Matociquala (matociquala@delphi.com) wrote: >: >: See what I mean? If anyone has any further additions to this monster, send 'em >: along. If I get enough.... >: >: There may be a whole new other list happening... >: >: I reserve the right to edit for clarity..... >: > Okay, how about these?
* Your idea of a fun Friday night consists of getting the gang together and playing for eight or more hours.

* The only reason you want a lake cabin is so you and the gang can go up there and play non-stop all weekend without any distractions.

* You finally get to the point where you look at everything on the shelves and say "*I* can do a better job than these bozos!"

* You actually get a chance to do just that.

* ...and you succeed!

* Everything you see, hear, or taste translates into some form of stats for a game. ("Wow! That move was cool...that means he's got Swing Sword +20 and Look Cool In Armor +15.")

* You write a parody of the RPG industry, and it's also a game.

* ...and one of the companies you slam picks it up for its "Mature" imprint and distributes it gleefully.

* You go into business as a consultant on the RPG industry.

* ...and you actually are *hired*! (Neener-neener!)

* You branch out from RPGs into the stuff that game was derived from so you make better sense of the bloody thing. (Gamers-turned-Otaku, Gamers-turned-occultists, Gamers-turned-goths, Gamers-turned-military personel, Gamers-turned-martial artists, etc.)

* ...and you *still* don't stop playing! (Loyal man! I like you!)

* You remember when there was none of this "no exclusively (fe)male viewpoint" bullshit.

* ...or when there was none of this "no cussing" crap either.

From: beholder@engin.umich.edu (Nana Yaw Ofori) Subject: Re: You might be a gamer if... Date: Tue, 18 Apr 95 08:30:32 GMT * You make up songs like "Livin in the Kaer" and "Fun Fun Fun (Till the Horror took her Free Will Away)"
* You've written character histories that are longer than most novels...

* ...For Paranoia Characters.

* You Watch war documentaries with GURPS Vehicles so you can tell how much damage the 4-inch Naval Gun using an APX shell does.

* You spend five hours converting Modern Aircraft, when you run a fantasy campaign.

* You can quote the exact chance of a 1st-level Mage defeating an Umber hulk from memory, though a Voydanoi takes a little work.

* You break your leg, but insist on using a 'Recovery Test' before calling the ambulance.

* You have a list of what all the potions taste like.

* Your resume descrivbes you as a '5th-Level Civil Engineer'

* Drac's Raving at you.

* You've figured out that the Average AD&D Great Wyrm Red Dragon has 7 cubic feet of treasure.

* You Demand Experience points after winning a fistfight.

* You have a nickname that makes no sense because one of your characters had it.

* You Buy Dragon Magazine "For the Articles."

* You Worship TSR.

* You Detest T$R.

* You've ever constructed yourself as a character.

* You've got more tables than all the restaurants in town.

* You know how to use dice as weapons.

* You use phrases like 'Save vs. Graduation or go insane for 1d4 days.'

* You know how many hit points every member of your family has.

* You know that you can fit 20 d4's together to make a large d20 because you've actually tried it.

* You are not cleared for this information.

* You're up until 5:30 in the morning posting to rec.games.frp.misc.

"Yes, I have fond memories from the phrase 'Collect Call of Cthulhu." What of it??" From: tdunn@netcom.com (Tim and Stacey Dunn) Subject: Re: [Silly] You might be a gamer if... Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 14:02:42 GMT Matociquala <matociquala@delphi.com> wrote: >If anyone has any further additions to this monster, send 'em >along. If I get enough.... Trivia: You know what the following names originally stood for: (easy) SPI, SJG (med.) FBI, FGU (hard) TSR, FASA You know the following acronyms (feel free to append, and credit the game) AD&D's THAC0 Hero's 1d6 AF NND AE w/14- act -- Laws of Japanese Animation: [by rshellit|dbright@oboe.aix.calpoly.edu] #5 - Law of Mechanical Mobility, Second Law of Anime Motion The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha are the fastest objects known to human science.
Date: 18 Apr 1995 04:32 CDT

In article <3mvk15$1qv@hermes.unt.edu>, pdixon@jove.acs.unt.edu (Patrick David Dixon) writes... > --- You own a copy of "Metamorphosis Alpha." ..you spend hours poring through this newsgroup, but just can't find the time to read Book IX of Paradise Lost for your Milton class tomorrow. jk
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 95 19:11:08 EDT

In article <woMblSSzcQ0R079yn@iaehv.nl> astrid@iaehv.nl (Astrid Tops) writes:

>- you own Dragon magazines below number 100

Gorsh, is that all it takes nowadays?

--Your subscription copy of Dragon shows up in the mail one month, and you realize it's the hundredth consecutive issue you've bought. (In my case, it was 187).

--You own consecutive issues farther back than that.

--You've read every issue from 55 on up.

--You're still looking for the rest.

--You've almost hit this point with Polyhedron.

--You remember when White Dwarf was an AD&D magazine.

--You bought a copy of the French-language edition of Dragon, even though you can't read French, because it had Second Edition rules for the Anti-Paladin class, and even though you don't like the class, you know that having that issue will really annoy the Anti-Paladin fans in your gaming club.

And for a completely non-magazine one....

Game dealers at Gencon recognize you and know your name, even though it's your first time at Gencon.

-- Michael Bauser "It's participant observation. Honest!"
* You collect things shaped liked dice or with dice in them (drink stirrers, pens with dice-in-water in the end, brass dice sets, dice bookends...)

* You still have a set of dice-shaped cushions made as a gesture of understanding by your mom

* When you finally settle down with a loved one and build a home, you insist on designing a Gaming Room into the house

* And getting the stamped concrete patio/pergola/driveway done in hexagons

* You own "Intoduction to Traveller"

* Or the Traveller Supplement "Forms and Charts"

* You know which number Supplement that last one was

* You know which Sci-Fi novel series was the inspiration for Traveller's Imperium

* You don't just have maps of places that don't exist - you've had at least one of them made into a Globe

* You collect building plans (viewed from above) to use as Site Maps for games

* You have examples of weapons from your games in the house - "so the players can't argue about how heavy/long/clumsy/etc they are..."

* (For the [mostly] male gamers) You meet couples through your spouse/partner and form only a casual acquaintance with the half of the pair of the same gender as yourself - until one day, after months/years of having known them, one of you drops some gaming reference like "looks like a kobold" or "don't mind me - I've got a 12-point hide" (the more obscure the better) - and suddenly you're best of mates, and they seem to have value as a person now

* While you have a number of friends, only Gamers reach the status of Mates

* You buy CDs of specific music (or sounds) just to use as background atmosphere for gaming

* You've ever found yourself associating with people who you'd otherwise avoid in public - because they were Gamers

* You have a place where the paraphernalia of your gaming youth is displayed for the curious as a sort of shrine to "the good old days"

* You have three or more dice-boxes (one in use, the others retired, holding seldom-used (or antique, faithful) dice, or doing duty on the Gaming Shrine [above])

* You can remember where at least three Gaming shops USED to be located in your town/city, before they moved, were demolished or disappeared

* You whoop with joy on rolling a 20 for hit location with a Gauss Rifle on your first hit on an opponent

* You know which game that must be in

* You know the TWO meanings of the term "AC20"

* You keep custom clipboards (or similar contrivances) in the house for your gaming pals to keep their character sheets on when they come over

* Your memories of the best times your character(s) had when living their game-lives are sweeter and more worth retelling than the best times you had in your actual youth (partially because you were too busy gaming - and writing rules expansions you hardly used - to get out and have a life)

* You've ever written to a game designer personally

* They replied!

* You've phoned a game designer to chat about a game of theirs and where it's going

* It's a game they haven't even released yet

* From your computer, where you are now, you can look around and see most or all of your gaming gear

* You own a pin-on badge that says "Incoming Fire Has The Right Of Way"

* You still have the original three-booklet set of Traveller

* AND the box it came in

* OR the booklet-form of D&D (before the hardbound version hit the streets)

* You feel that Gaming has played a part in your developing a personal philosophy

* Your life-philosophy manifests as your taking Gaming seriously while taking most of the rest of life light-heartedly - the complete opposite to the way most of society seems to work

* Your spouse/partner agrees with the rest of society and wishes you would take life as seriously as you do Gaming

* You have a feeling that God is a big Gamemaster, we're all just Characters, and Life, viewed from the outside, is a Game after all

- You've submitted to this list.

- And got your submission accepted!

- You get $30.00 in a surprise windfall, and don't drink it, but instead spend it on that supplement that you noted was at the local store.

- If you purposely stashed the supplement behind/near/out of its normal place so that nobody else buys it out from under you.

- You've moved the above back to your special hiding spot after store personnel reshelve it.

- You've thought about designing a game, and actually wrote more than 20 or so pages.

- and self-published it!

- All of oyur friends say, "You should start a game company."

- You do, and they end up working for you, until they leave to start their own.

- You find yourself teaching new players the ropes so often, you now have a down-pat speech, readily translatable to any game system for newcomers.

- You have no non-gamer friends, or you limit contact with such people.

- When describing a game scenario with your pals, you get real excited, waving your arms, drawing a crowd. Phrases like, "Man, we %^&*$%^ wasted 'em! Took out the tank with an RPG, then L-T was rocking out on the '60..." everything goes fine, as the crowd draws near, wanting to hear more, until you say, "Then I took a round, BLAM! 45 H.P." And the crowd leaves, saying, "Oh, it was ONLY A GAME."

- You get mad, BECAUSE YOU WERE THERE, DAMMIT!

- You don't think anything is wrong with the previous statement.

- You use issues of Guns & Ammo for the tech specs on your latest weapon supplement you're adding to your game.

- You know the BattleTech Hit location charts from memory, so that you don't need to use 'em anymore.

- In fact, you know 'em so well, THE GROUP doesn't use 'em any more, THEY USE YOU.

- When someone asks you, "Level Three fall, what's the piloting skill mod?", you know what they mean.

- You, reading this, know what it means.

- You not only know what it means, but can yell out what page it is on.

- And you're correct!

- And you get mad when somebody checks up on you, to see if it was the right page!

- When you search the internet nightly for cool gaming software for your PC.

- and you found this list by doing that! (Like I did.)

- and you add to this list, to keep the spirit of gaming alive! (Like I did!)

- You've learned more about space, and science fiction from playing traveller, rather than watching COSMOS by Carl Sagan, like everybody else.

- You're in the military, and the best tactics you've got came from your pre-military gaming days (or they improve daily, in continuing nightly sessions at the barracks/ship/base/etc.)

- You know more military tactics and strategy than most officers at your military post.

- ...Than ALL of the officers at your local military post.

- ...COMBINED!

- You know more than three definitions of the acronym RPG.

- You were around when SPI was.

- You KNOW what SPI was.

- You still have some of their games around.

- You know what AH stands for, and have copies of any of the following: U-BOAT, MIDWAY, GETTYSBURG.

- ... and they're less than 10 years older than you are.

- You were around when the only games out were CHAINMAIL, METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA, GAMMA WORLD 1st ed., and TRAVELLER.

- and you bought 'em, cause they were "What the cool grown-up college kids were playing."

- And you still have 'em.

- IN THE ORIGINAL BOXES!

- You remained loyal thorough the right-wing religious anti-gaming crusade.

- You know what to say (delicately, without sloppy missionary fervor) when someone says, "Oh, you don't play that "Dungeoens & Dragons thing, DO YOU?!?!?!?!

- You know the real tragic truth about Dallas Egbert.

- ...and you learned it by reading the book on it, "The Dungeon Master." (Required reading, IMHO, for all DM's, and players, BTW.)

- You'd rather game that visit your boy/girlfriend.

- ...That's how you met them.

- And then got married. (It didn't work for me. Your mileage may differ.)

- And got divorced, OVER GAMES! (Like me. She was fantasy, I was Sci Fi/Military.)

- You see a car crash, or accident on T.V., and scream, "Oooh, CRIT!"

- You've said, "Roll initiative" more times than you've sung your countries' national anthem.

- You tried gaming outside, for that "Natural, Woodland Atmosphere." Ahhh.

- Until you found out the hard way about the ^&#%^&* WIND, when it blew all of your maps/character sheets away.

- ...and you felt that they were so irreplaceable, you chased after them, tripped on a root, fell, and split open your knee.

- ... while your friends were yelling stuff like, "Cleric, bind wounds! Cure Light! Etc."

- and you thought it was so funny you peed all over yourself laughing.

- You're STILL reading this list!

- You're REALLY thinking of adding to this list, now.

- You've actually played a halfling, but kept telling everybody you were a "Hobbit."

- You read the issue of Phil & Dixie, about, "Hey, the phone is circular-metal-banding!"

- and you thought it was funny.

- And you know what I'm writing about.

- and you're remembering it now, and how funny it was.

- You realize that this list is a common bond, among all gamers, of all races, in all countries, and that the Internet is just amazing, and that now, games will only get even better.

- And you're looking forward to that. (poignant, emotional sniff.)

Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 17:41:35 -0500 (CDT) From: Mellissa Wright To: vesanto@snakemail.hut.fi Subject: You might be a gamer if . . .
You might be a gamer if . . .

. . . You think that that the D&D progression is Basic, Expert, Advanced.

:) Milk & Cookies, ---> Irish a.k.a. Mellissa Wright
From waylyn@mindspring.com Fri Jul 11 09:27:46 1997 Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 00:15:54 -0700 From: Williams To: vesanto@cc.hut.fi Subject: you might be a gamer if...
...after your GM sort of explains what thet monster looks like you know your exact roll needed to hit and how much damage it can take

...you know how to roll the dice to get any number you want

...you don't need any gaming books because you have every detail memorized

...but you always keep two copies handy just in case

...you keep up with your character's kingdom's politics more carefully than your own country's

...you scream in pain whenever your character takes damage

...you know all the exact somatic and verbal components of you wizard's spells

...you keep a copy of your character in your wallet

...your GM thinks you live in his house

...your GM thinks your married to him

...your characer has killed more than one Tarrasque

...you get your friends and your character's friends mixed up

...after a fistfight you search whoever you knocked out

...you've ever played your defiler in the Tank Girl R.P.G.

...you've ever played the Tank Girl R.P.G.

...you were highly offended by that last comment

...you've played The Wizard's Challenge more than once

...you created a random die generator in DOS using BASIC commands

...any of your characters has ever broken a staff of power or a staff of the magi for a retributive strike

...and lived

...you changed your name so that your initials read R.P.G.

...you ever started a character as evil

...you missed the O.J. Simpson trial because you were on this really long adventure

...one of your wizards has ever roasted another person's characer with a fireball, then commented, "Hey, he was a dwarf. He didn't need that extra constitution point anyway

...you've ever had a character named Rath or Delsenora

...you've ever played as the player and the GM because noone was around to play with

...you own the Japaneese version of any of the Final Fantasy series

...you read the entire Encyclopedia Magica set

...you know what a claymore is and what it looks like

...your characer has created more spells than TSR

...you have the BATTLESYSTEM rules memorized

...you have the BATTLESYSTEM rules

...you have the SPELLJAMMER rules memorized

...you have the SPELLJAMMER rules

...you have the Players Option rules memorized

...you have had more than one paladin character

...you wonder why I didn't just write: you have the Players Options rules

...you understand the Rift alignment rules and actually use them

complements of Chas Williams

You might be a gamer if...

...you've named EVERY one of your dice.

...you remember all their names.

...you realized that there ain't that many names in the world.

...when people talk about AC Adaptors, you misinterpret the meaning.

...It need to budget your money in gaming sessions.

...The constant squinting and reading during gaming sessions has made you permanantely nearsighted.

You might be a gamer if...

You've ever spent more time in a single gaming session than a Jerry Lewis Marathon.

You do this regularly.

You've ever taught your children to read using your game books.

Your collection of gaming books are worth more to you than your car.

Your House

Your Firstborn child

Your learned about sex during your gaming sessions.

You see every monster or person in every movie you see and think of it in game terms.

You've screamed at the TV "Hey, He can't do that, he didn't have the right material components.

Good Idea/Bad Idea in RPGs:

Good idea:
Asking the thief to check out the passage ahead of you for traps.

Bad idea:
Insulting the thief and then asking him if the passage ahead of you is trapped.
--------------------
Good idea:
Casting fireball to destroy the waves of goblins rushing you.

Bad idea:
Casting fireball at the waves of onrushing goblins in a 20x20 room.
--------------------
Good idea:
Lining up your fighters shoulder to shoulder to cut down the line of kobolds

Bad idea:
Forgetting to make sure there's not an invisible mage with a lightning bolt off to your right just waiting for the fighters to line up shoulder-to-shoulder.
--------------------
Good idea:
Dimension dooring next to a line of pole-arm bearing goblins to hit them with a cone of cold.

Bad idea:
Casting the cone so that it misses the one right next to you.
--------------------
Good idea:
Pulling the pin and throwing the grenade at your enemies.

Bad idea:
Forgetting to make sure that the bullet-proof window between you and the enemy is open before throwing the grenade.
--------------------
Good Idea
Charging round a corner with an elephant gun after a mad occultist.

Bad Idea
Charging round a corner with an unloaded elephant gun after a mad occultist.
--------------------
Good Idea
Climbing a tree to avoid a Monster.

Bad Idea
Climbing a tree in Plate Armor to avoid a Monster and falling on your back.

Don't you hate it when...

Your ring of free action gets stuck on your finger.
Your Bucknard's Everfull Purse starts producing only chocolate coins.
The case holding your chime of opening jams shut.
Your ring of swimming rusts.
Your necklace of adaptation doesn't fit.
Your wings of flying start molting.
You forget where you left your gem of insight.
Your ring of blinking has the command word of "Cliff".
Your robe of eyes needs glasses.
You can't find your cloak of elvenkind.
Your ring of invisibility just vanishes one day.
Your gloves of missile snaring steal all of your +3 arrows.
You cut yourself on your periapt of health.
Your plate mail of etherealness goes on a trip without you.
Your sheet of smallness shrinks in the wash.
Your manual of stealthy pilfering is stolen.
Your potion of gaseous form evaporates.
You notice your ring of sustenance is losing weight.
Your rod of passage gets caught in the door all the time.
Your Holy Avenger converts.
Your staff of the woodlands catches the blight.
You trip over your manual of quickness of action.
Your wand of negation stops working.
Your amulet of proof against detection and location is nowhere to be found.
Your gem of seeing turns opaque.
Your staff of withering wilts.
Your cloak of displacement only projects your image straight UP.
You find your Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments are water-colors.
Your rope of entaglement gets a snarl.
Your pipes of the sewers back up.
You lose your luck blade in a poker game.
That tavern hobo you've been insulting turns out to be a Hierophant Druid
{remember hierophant druids?}
Your assassin {remember assassins?} tiptoes around the corner... Right into the
middle of a Paladin's association meeting.
You realize that those aren't skeletons racing at you, they're Githyanki.
You realize that those aren't Githyanki racing at you, they're liches.
Your character says "Orcus" for kicks, and the DM rolls a 04%.
The DM rolls positive for a wandering monster, and turns to the "D" section in
his Monster Manual {Devils, Demons, Dragons, Demodands, Daemons, Dinosaurs...}
You realize that the halflings you offered to help weren't fighting "th-the
rats," but "the Tarrasque."
Your new DM reassures you that HIS copy of Deities and Demigods has the Cthulhu
Mythos in it.
You remember too late why that albino with the black sword sounded familiar.

THE LAMEST AD&D MONSTERS EVER, v0.9 by (Freddo)

For years, TSR has being trying to placate gamers desire for diversity by releasing more and more monsters for the AD&D game. The problem is that there are only so many monsters possible before the designers find themselves really scraping the bottom of the barrel. TSR has been there before, the flumph really was lame and I'm certain that the beholder was designed when Gary Gygax had a serious case of writers block and came up with the utterly pathetic idea of "a big eye with lots of little eyes that eats characters for breakfast." But somehow TSR has managed to bounce back. The beholder turned out to be really quite good and the flumph was only a minor hiccup. But now I say enough! There are no more monsters possible! Monsters are becoming increasingly lame and pathetic. Let this netbook serve as a warning to all those who'll buy anything just because it has the TSR logo on it. It might not actually be any good. In fact, the creatures in the next monstorous compendium appendix might just end up like the ones here. Although that would truly be lame.

But enough with the rambling! Here, for the whole world to see, are the creatures of my own design which are, in my opinion, the LAMEST creatures ever for AD&D.

If anyone has any suggestions or creatures which they think belong here, contact me at choc_frog@hotmail.com. The latest version of this netbooks is always available for download from my webpage at: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/1399/rpg.html If you actually use any of the creatures contained here, please e-mail me and tell me what your players thought and how many of their characters decided that suicide was a preferable option to actually fighting such a lame beast.

DISTRIBUTION: This netbook is copyright (c) 1997 to me. It is freeware and as such can be freely distributed to as many people as you bloody well feel like, just as long as it remains intact in its entirety. This also means that I don't want to catch anyone trying to sell this book for profit, although to be honest I don't know why anyone would pay money for this. If I catch anyone breaking these rules, then I will get mad. And you do not want to see me when I am mad.

DISCLAIMER (SORT OF): This netbook no doubt uses all sorts of trademarks owned by T$R inc. My use of these trademarks is in no way intended to be a challenge of the ownership of these trademarks. But let's face it, it really doesn't matter whether I put this disclaimer in or not, this netbook isn't distributed from T$R's "official" webpage and, as such, T$R just doesn't like it. This netbook is simply intended to be an addition to what is the most popular RPG of all time. AD&D became popular thanks to a creative fan base, but T$R seems intent on destroying this fan base. So boo hiss to T$R and a loud hurrah for the fans who put in the time and effort to create the netbooks, fanzines and webpages which keep the game alive.

I N D E X

BABY BALROG
COOKIE GOLEM
FLUFF
TICKLE-ME ELMO
TRANSVESTITE TROLL

BABY BALROG

CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Subterranean
FREQUENCY: Very Rare
MOVEMENT: 18 (36)
ORGANISATION: Solitary
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any
DIET: Carnivore (rats, insects)
INTELLIGENCE: Very (11)
TREASURE: Nil
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Evil

NO. APPEARING: 1
ARMOUR CLASS: 6
MOVEMENT: 18 (36)
HIT-DICE: 2
THAC0: 19
NO. OF ATTACKS: 2 (claws/whip)
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1-4/1-6
SPECIAL ATTACKS: None
SPECIAL DEFENCES: +3 weapon or required higher to hit
MAGIC RESISTENCE: 80%
SIZE: S
MORALE: 9 (not quite confident with its abilities yet...)
XP VALUE: 270

The breeding habits of balrogs are still a source of debate amongst scholars. Some believe that balrogs, oweing to their extremely magical nature, don't actually "do the deed" as we would understand it and that balrogs are, by nature, asexual. Others believe (although it is scary to think about how they came across this information) that balrogs are quite active sexually and that the reason they are so rare is that they are all off in the secret balrog mating grounds, having a lot more fun then most of us. While the methods of balrog breeding remain unknown, the results are not. Baby balrogs look exactly like balrogs in minature, standing about as tall as your average halfling. Like regular balrogs, they carry a flaming whip and are hostile to just about everything and anything. They just run away with their tails (?) between their legs at the slightest sign of danger.

COMBAT: In combat, baby balrogs attack with their itty bitty claws and their tiny little flaming whip. When they attack, the let out tiny, high pitched imitations of a fully-grown momma balrog cry (Yup! Yup!). They fight rather well, the only problem being that while they begin combat with a confident, swaggering attitude they get very dissapointed when they're not as powerful as daddy and run away crying.

HABITAT/SOCIETY: Baby balrogs are solitary creatures, having been dumped in a dungeon by their parents in order to teach them something about life as a big balrog. Their parents usually leave them there to fend for themselves for a few hundred years before they come and collet. And momma seems to always choose to pick up junior just as her little darling encounters some cruel, nasty adventurers.

ECOLOGY: Baby balrogs fend for themselves in a dungeon quite well, usually living off rats and snakes, although they like kobold when they can get it. Very few creatures pray on baby balrogs, just in case momma turns up just before they start their meal...

COOKIE GOLEM

CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Any
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any
DIET: Nil
INTELLIGENCE: Non (0)
ALIGNMENT: Neutral

ARMOUR CLASS: 10
MOVEMENT: 24 (48)
HIT DICE: 1/2 (1 H.P.)
THAC0: 20
NO. OF ATTACKS: 1
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1d3
SPECIAL ATTACKS: None
SPECIAL DEFENCES: None
MAGIC RESISTENCE: 10%
SIZE: T
MORALE: 20
XP VALUE:

The cookie golem was created by a baker/wizard who was, to be perfectly honest, stark raving bonkers. It seemed that he had some mad delusions of granduer involving him as ruler of the world inhabited entirely by sentient cookies. Luckily for the world, his plans fell through. However, before he died, the baker left in his notes the plans for creating the easiest to make, the fastest to make, and the lamest, golem of all time, the not really dreaded at all cookie golem. A cookie golem takes one week to make by a Wizard of at least level 3. The wizard makes the dough at a cost of 5 gold pieces, uses cookie cutters to cut out the shape of a man and while the cookie is baking, casts Jump, Mending and Magic Mouth. The result is the utterly useless Cookie Golem.

Cookie Golems don't give two figs about their masters orders. They simply run around all the time yelling "Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread/Chocolate Chip/etc. Man!" Because of their utter uselessness, very few wizards can actually be bothered creating the stupid little things.

COMBAT: Cookie Golems don't seem to do a lot of fighting. They're too busy trying to evade their masters. However, when they are forced to fight, the average Kobold would find them a complete pushover, if they can catch one that is. When defeated, cookie golems usually make pretty good eating.

HABITAT/SOCIETY: Cookie Golems, if they can escape from their master, seem to develop some form of intelligence over time. In game terms, this can be measured as 1 point per month for six months, after which they stay as they as, as thick as two house bricks. These "free cookies" sometimes band together in groups which sit around at night and tell each other stories of the fury of the oven, of the dreaded Cookie Monster and of the awe inspiring King Cookie, who lives in a magical land where cookies are free from evil people who would eat them. Luckily for us, most cookie golems are eaten long before they can hear such tales.

ECOLOGY: Yeah, right!

FLUFF
CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Just about anywhere.
FREQUENCY: Very Rare, or common if the DM really is a bastard.
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any, it doesn't care
DIET: Milk and cookies
INTELLIGENCE: Very (11)
ALIGNMENT: Lawful Evil

ARMOUR CLASS: 10
MOVEMENT: 6 (8)
HIT-DICE: 1
NO. OF ATTACKS: 0
SPECIAL DEFENCES: Cuteness
MAGIC RESISTENCE: 0%
SIZE: S
MORALE: 20
XP VALUE: 65

The Fluff is the cutest creature that could ever exist. It is small and fluffy with big, dewy, "Aww, who could hurt it" puppy-dog eyes. Actually, it IS a fluffy ball with eyes, there's nothing else to it. No brains, no internal organs, nothing but fluff and eyeballs. Fluffs move through a kind of magical levitation similar to beholders. If you're having trouble imagining what they look like, think of a floating tribble with the biggest, cutest eyes you've ever seen.

Although they look so cute, fluffs are actually quite evil creatures. They attempt to use their unbelievable cuteness to rise in power in a nation. Although their inability to communicate effectively except through moving their eyes does pose obvious difficulties, some fluffs have managed to become the pets of powerful kings (imagine it, "lets go to war with the neighbouring kingdoms, Fluffy goes all gooey eyed when I talk about it"). There are rumours of fluffs actually becoming the head of state in democratic nations. Who could vote against such a cute thing?

COMBAT: In combat, fluffs cannot attack. They have no arms, no legs, no magic, no psionics and no spells. They could conceivable ram attempt to ram someone, but it would inflict the same amount of damage as a teddy bear thrown by a weak kobold. However, Fluffs have a major defence. Their unbelievable cuteness means that no one, no matter what alignment, can bring themselves to harm a fluff under any circumstances. Instead, would-be attackers simply melt into a ball tears and insipid grins.

HABITAT/SOCIETY: It is rumoured that somewhere in the mass of planes, there is a fluff homeworld ruled by the Great High King Fluff. Nothing is known about the place because the few wizards who have chosen to research this obscure lore have gone insane, sitting around all day going "awww, how cute"

ECOLOGY: No one knows. Although if one thinks about how they would breed, they just don't seem quite so cute any more.

TICKLE-ME ELMO

CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Sesame Street, Small childrens rooms, anywhere where Sesame Street is broadcast (just about everywhere that has TV/Crystal Balls).
FREQUENCY: Very Rare, or common on the earthly plane.
ORGANISATION: Unique
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Day
DIET: Nil (lives on brain-waves registering as "STUPID")
INTELLIGENCE: N/A
ALIGNMENT: Neutral (pathetic)

ARMOUR CLASS: 5 (plush, but small and fast)
MOVEMENT: 12 (20)
HIT-DICE: 2
NO. OF ATTACKS: 1 or laugh
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1-4
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Laugh
SPECIAL DEFENCES: +5 weapon or higher required to damage Elmo.
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 50% (ignores it, having too much fun)
SIZE: T
MORALE: 18
XP VALUE: 175

The Tickle-Me Elmo is, quite simply, the single best creature in the world, indeed in all the planes, at simply PISSING ADVENTURERS OFF. This happy, simple little creature only wants to play. Too bad for the adventurers that he doesn't have a very good way of going about this. The little bastard simply runs up to the characters and yells "let's play! let's play!" If the characters ignore him, he'll continue for months until he see's someone more interesting or he decides that the characters are stuck up grown ups. If the characters attack him, then he still doesn't fight. He just thinks they're playing.

COMBAT: Elmo is immune to all but the most powerful magical weapons. He just thinks that his opponents are playing and ignores any pain. Magic can sometimes get his attention and hurt him, but don't count on it. Whenever someones attack would have hit Elmo, even if the weapon can't actually harm the little ****, Elmo uses his special laugh attack. Laughing, Elmo says "Ha ha ha, that tickles!" Any character of wisdom 10 or less must save vs spells at -4 or realise that Elmo is just so cute and cuddly and that they simply must play with him. This enchantment lasts for 1d6 days when the character comes to his senses with a bad hangover and dreadful, frightening memories of what took place whilst playing with Elmo. Characters with a wisdom of 11 or above make the saving throw at +1 and only play with Elmo for 1d4 days until the effect wears off.

HABITAT/SOCIETY: Tickle-Me Elmo exists simply to play. Play and fun is all that gives his life meaning and he travels the entire universe looking for friendly looking people to play with. Alas, he always seems to choose adventurers. DM's, feel free to have Tickle-Me Elmo turn up in what appears to be a perfectly normal dungeon and watch in delight as the players faces show all sorts of amusing expressions of disbelief.

ECOLOGY: As a solitary wanderer, Elmo has no real home. However, he does seem to spend quite a lot of time in Sesame Street, located on the demi-plane of Complete Idiocy.

TRANSVESTITE TROLL
CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Far away from other trolls, bars
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Night
DIET: Herbivore
INTELLIGENCE: High (11)
TREASURE: Q
ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good

ARMOUR CLASS: 4
MOVEMENT: 12
HIT DICE: 6+6
THAC0: 13
NO. OF ATTACKS: 3
DAMAGE/ATTACK: By weapon, +8
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Shock
SPECIAL DEFENCES: Regeneration
SIZE: L
MORALE: 11
XP VALUE: 2000

Some trolls just don't feel at home in normal troll society. These trolls are more intelligent then most trolls and feel that there must be more to life then waiting for adventurers to turn up loaded with greek fire, torches and Melfs Acid Arrows. These exceptional individuals leave their trollhole and go out into the world trying to find some meaning to life. As a way of marking themselves as different from regular trolls, transvestite trolls have taken to wearing bright, floral mu-mu's. Note that a transvestite troll can be either male or female (how do you tell the difference?), it's the dress that matters, not the gender. Most transvestite trolls can speak common as well as trollspeak.

COMBAT: Transvestite trolls are pacifists. Extreme, pointless violence is a notable feature of the traditional troll society which the transvestite trolls are rebelling against. However, hostile adventurers first encountering a transvestite troll will be subject to its shock attack. This attack is a result of seeing a troll wearing a bright yellow and orange floral dress. The transvestite troll gains automatic surprise and each character must make a save vs paralyzation or be struck dumb and unable to move or speak for 1d4+4 rounds. The troll will try and use this time to escape. If forced into combat, the troll will fight like a regular troll, but will try to subdue the characters rather then kill them. Most transvestite trolls carry a broardsword which they prefer to use instead of their fists (bare handed attacks are very troll-like).

HABITAT/SOCIETY: Most transvestite trolls are solitary by necessity rather then nature. When they encounter others of their kind, they tend to band together and form "troll-rights" groups. These groups never seem to achieve much, something about it being hard for people to listen to a troll wearing a dress. Still it is rumoured that one such group of about 12 members is planning to hold a troll-rights march in Waterdeep. Should prove to be interesting.

Last Words

"(In front of a Triceratops) Let see if it works, a matador dwarf."
"(To Angry Red Dragon) Did anyone tell you you had bad breath?"
"A ballista? What's that? How many dice of damage does it do?"
"A Nightmare, huh? I'll attack for one round and prepare to run."
"A red WHAT swoops out of the sky at us?"
"A sign labeled `pit'? I walk up to it."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."
"AGAIN!?!?!"
"All that noise we heard and there's only one drow here?"
"Awright! I can cast stoneskin! Now I'm invincible!"
"Been nice knowing you"
"Boost me up."
"Bow to a Demon? Never!"
"But I just got a little prick!"
"C'mon guys -- he can't kill _all_ of us!"
"C'mon guys...how bad could it be?!"
"Can I eat this green slime?"
"Can I try vampiric touch on this giant gelatinous cube ?"
"Cmon guys, it was only a rumor, theres nothing here"
"Come on, EVERY evil wizard's tomb has a way out!"
"Come on, how powerful could it possibley be?"
"Come on, we haven't found any traps so far."
"Come on, what could possibly go wrong?"
"Comeon guys, it's only an illusion"
"Damn It, where did I put that slay dragon scroll?"
"Demogoron? Great! Do you know how many exp he's worth?"
"Did he say he had Plate Mail +5? I stop running and fight him!"
"Do you realize what you just did?"
"Does a three save?"
"Don't be silly. That kind of monster NEVER follows you."
"Don't worry, he's probably just first level."
"Don't worry, the DM won't hose me"
"Don't worry, wyverns don't attack unless they're provoked."
"Elminster, you old fart, I thought you were really mad for a minute."
"Featherball! I mean, featherrrr........"
"Follow those lights!"
"Go ahead and drink it."
"Gorgons? OK, everybody hold your breath."
"Hah! I'm not dead yet. I still have five hit points."
"He hit me for HOW MUCH?????"
"He looks like a sunburnt elf?"
"He wouldn't try that trick again!"
"He's only an ordinary 15th level magic user."
"Here, hold this rope while I go down."
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty..."
"Hey, all I need is a two or better to save vs. poison."
"Hey, do you guys think that this might just be an illusio...(whack)"
"Hey folks, follow me, I remember the way to the dungeon exit."
"Hey guys, where are you?"
"Hey guys...wait up."
"Hey, I know a dragon when I see one."
"Hey, they're dwarves; me too. I can calm them down."
"Hey, this chest just bit me!"
"Hey Thor! I'll bet if you'll put your hammer down I can take you on!"
"Hey, where'd all the big spiders come from?"
"Hey you! Frost Giant! How's the weather up there?"
"HEY LOOK!...ARCHERS!!"
"Hmm...how do we know you are the REAL Angel of Death?"
"Hmm...I'll try Chain Lightning"
"I attempt to disbelieve"
"I can use my Psionic powers on this Mindflayer."
"I can't possibly miss..."
"I cast a lightning bolt at the ochre jelly."
"I didn't find any traps !!"
"I dive through the fire."
"I don't care. I have a Ring of Regeneration."
"I dunno what a tarrasque is, but it can't be TOO tough."
"I follow them."
"I go through the door... Wait, I check for traps!"
"I have this dungeon at home, I know where everything is!"
"I kill it."
"I know an illusion when I see one."
"I know if I draw a card I'll get the VOID."
"I mix the potions and drink."
"I never get lost."
"I never get to have any fun!"
"I open the coffin...SLOWLY."
"I pick the lock on the magic shop window."
"I run down the hallway alone."
"I see HOW MANY wights?!"
"I sneak up to the Lich and pick its pockets."
"I stab the dragon and tell it to get off me."
"I stand right underneath the Fire Giant and point my wand straight up."
"I think he can be trusted."
"I think level draining's only temporary. Keep attacking."
"I think we can take it down."
"I though YOU brought the food!"
"I throw a rock at the eight-legged lizard to get it's attention."
"I throw the rock into the dark cave."
"I try to move silently in plate armor..."
"I use animal empathy to calm the charging Triceratops."
"I walk into the raiders' camp and ask to use the toilet."
"I want to check out the magic tome."
"I wonder what's in here?"
"I'll cast Fireball."
"I'll just close my eyes and walk up to the dracolisk holding up my mirror"
"I'll just walk up to the dragon invisibly"
"I'll never surrender."
"I'll open it."
"I'll open the door, sneak up on him from behind and backstab him!"
"I'll pull the lever."
"I'll scout ahead."
"I'll steal the 20+ level mage's pouch."
"I'll swim across."
"I'll take off my armor so I'm silent and slip past the dragon."
"I'll use my taunt skill."
"I'll use the wand of wonder."
"I'm invincible!"
"I'm not going to waste spells on THEM!"
"I've been here before. There are no traps in this section."
"If I were you, Demon, I would sit back down!"
"Is this one really able to breath fire?"
"It _has_ to be an illusion - I attempt to disbelieve it."
"It can't be a beholder, we're only first level!"
"It can't talk to us like that!"
"It seems easy enough"
"It was a joke."
"It was only the wind."
"It'd be stupid to trap this!"
"It's only a naga."
"Just because you can breathe fire doesn't mean you can push *us* around."
"Just because you're a dragon doesn't mean you can push ME around."
"Just one more room..."
"Just watch, I bet I get the one item that's cursed."
"Let me handle this."
"Let's go in."
"Let's not go in."
"Let's walk this way."
"Lightning bolts don't ricochet off stone walls, do they?"
"Magic is for wimps."
"Me first. Me first."
"Money!"
"My character WANTS to go out in a blaze of glory."
"My first arrow MISSED the magic-user pointing at me? OK, I shoot again!"
"My God will protect me."
"Nah...the game's just started....he wouldn't put a fatal death trap in yet.."
"No problem. That's easy!"
"No problem."
"No really. I can do this."
"Of course its evil, kill it!"
"Oh, please! Vampires have so many weaknesses, you can't help but kill them!"
"Oh, shit."
"Oh these, I've fought them before..."
"Oh. He'll miss. Just look at my AC."
"Ok, so theres a few more of them"
"Okay, if I max out this round and win initiative next round, maybe..."
"Okay, we'll attack the small boulette first."
"Oops, sorry...didn't mean to disturb you."
"Rakshasas? Quick, break out the poisoned bolts."
"So that giant fell into the pit? I'll jump over it and get his treasure."
"So what, I have the artifact"
"So what?"
"Take out a Beholder's eyes, and Bingo!"
"Tell me this is an illusion."
"That purple robe really clashes with your burning eyes..."
"That's only a statue"
"The bridge looks sturdy enough.." (It wasn't)
"The DM's an idiot."
"The Fire Drake's tracks go into this cavern, let's go in."
"The Hall of Blades? Hey, I've got an 18 dex."
"There only a pack of kobolds."
"There's a smell of gas, huh? Well, my lantern is hooded. It ought to be safe."
"There's HOW many Githyanki sleeping bunks in this chamber?"
"There's no such thing as a bottomless pit. Everybody knows that."
"There's no trap on the door, so let's open it"
"There's only 10 kobolds and there's 8 of us. Attack!"
"There's only three of them. Watch the one that looks like Death, though."
"They CAN'T have initiative!"
"They need a twenty to hit me, I'm invincible"
"They're only kobolds!"
"This 250' wall has so many holes, it should be easy to climb."
"This is a wimp dungeon."
"This type of undead can't drain levels"
"Those noises are probably nothing."
"Trap? What trap?"
"Trust me."
"Try me, sh*t breath!"
"Wait...Dragons can only breathe fire once per day right?"
"Wait! What's deathspell do?"
"Was that thunder, or were you rolling damage?"
"We charge!"
"We killed all monsters on this level."
"We'll untie the prisoners and lock them in the closet."
"We're in luck! The dragon is sleeping"
"Well ..., I'll touch it again"
"Well, he's OK, Know Alignment works on anybod..."
"Well, if you didn't belch, who did?"
"Whaddya mean, a pentagram only has FIVE sides?"
"What do mean feather fall wears off?"
"What do you mean, 'Green slime ain't always green.'?"
"What do you mean, 'How many hit points do I have RIGHT NOW?'?"
"What do you mean, `Your wand ran out of charges.'?"
"What do you mean, how many hit points do I have?"
"What do you mean I turn into a bug?"
"What do you mean my axe bounces off him? What's Stoneskin do anyway?"
"What do you mean, my spell expired."
"What do you mean, the dragon wakes up?"
"What do you mean, the item's not in my backpack any more?"
"What do you mean, the Wall of Ice vanishes?"
"What do you mean the whole room we're in detects as a trap?"
"What do you mean trolls regenerate!?!"
"What does this lever do?"
"What the hell, there's six of us and only 5 type VI demons."
"What's a wild-magic zone?"
"What's your alignment?"
"When nobody's looking, I go back to get some more gems."
"Where'd that thief go now?"
"Who's the bitch with the spiders?"
"Why is this man speaking in sign language?"
"Why is your torch flame turning blue?"
"Wonder what this button does ?"
"Yeah, I know it's dangerous, but think of the experience points."
"YO! Grendel! Your momma wears combat boots!"
"You don't get Humanoid 8th level wizards. He's only bluffing"
"You don't look like a mage!"
"You may be the keeper of this stone, but I want this stone."
"You mean it was a GOOD dragon?"
"You mean they get to use the critical hit chart too?"
"You'd have to be a GOD to smile after that hit!"
"You've got 80 hit points; YOU open the treasure chest"
"Your mother was a Gully Dwarf."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Or, a variant of one on the list, when a character was playing with a
summoning artifact: "I see HOW MANY red dragons??!" (They ate him)

And the ultimate famous last word:
"Oops."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Two Liners: (35)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"A creature with two BABOON heads on a scaly REPTILIAN body? With TENTACLES
for arms? Hunh. Must be some stupid wizard's magical construct.
Let's kill it."
"Diamonds ... Gold... Saphires!!! Terry! Terry, we're rich, we're rich, we're
fabulously wealthy!!!! Terry...Terry...??"

"Don't worry! The chances of me blowing a climb walls roll twice, at my level,
are infinintesimal."

"Garth, you be the anchor. I tie the rope around myself, take the slack [700']
and jump in."

"He CAN'T put a black dragon against a 1st-level party!
It has to be an illusion. I disbelieve!"

"Hey, it's only a black dragon, a vampire, and a lich.... and we've got a horn
of bubbles!"

"How was I to know that that orc would tell the truth about us not wanting to
come in here!"

"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-
healing potion."

"I'll just fly over the dragon's lair on my pegasus and see if it's still
there"

"I'll poke it with my sword.." (Pool of Green Slime near cave
opening.. it eats through metal very quickly)

"It's an illusion. No spell can reshape the side of a mountain like that. I
disbelieve and walk off the 500' cliff."

"It's just a goblin.." (Or a Doppleganger caught by the PCs trying
to steal the goblins' small hord of gold and silver)

"No, I'm sure there's some stipulation that says a disintegrate spell won't
work if the spellcaster casts it on himself. Here, I'll prove it."

"Ok, the dragon's asleep. You guys wait back here with bows and stuff.
Getafix and I will go up in front of it and cast light on it's eyes to
blind him, then we'll blow his brains out with psionics."

"OK, O Mighty Odin, as long as you're not gonna answer my prayers, I'm gonna
tell ya what I REALLY think of ya!"

"Oops, I spilled flaming oil on my beard. I'd better wash it off after we
kill this fire lizard."

"So I'm safely across the pit? Whew! For a minute there I was worried that
you might remember my encumbrance penalties."

"So what if he calls the guard? A backwater town like this can't have a very
big militia."

"Thank God!! A hobgoblin camp up ahead! Maybe they can help heal our
wounded!"

"That's right, I'm going to polymorph into a pergrine falcon and attempt to
land on the back of one of the 12 griffons flying above us."

"The huge red dragon is flying toward me with his mouth open? Ok, I roll for
initiative with my bastard sword.

"The thief is dead, and we got one coffin left to open!"
"I crack it open with my +1 two-handsword"
- Guess who's in many pieces now!

"There's a company of 100 barbarians guarding the pass"
"I don't think they want us to cross these mountains."
"So what?"

"Well, *I* trust our party thief, and if he says this door isn't trapped,
that's good enough for me."

"Well, we know he's LAWFUL evil, so he should keep his word when he promised
not to betray us."

"What a useless scroll. It just says, HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR over and
over again..."

"What if we drained this fountain that acts as a portal to the elemental plane
of water with my bag of holding?"

"Ya know, since our druid's been so obnoxious, it would probably serve him
right if we set his precious forest on fire."

"You mean this is only an 'invoke elemental' ring ? I can't control the
elemental with it."

"You watch the door, I'll take out the Gas Spore (Beholder) that's guarding
the treasure."

5 Fire demons rise from the pit 50 ft in front of the group
and the Mage says "No problem I have a Staff of Fire"

Beeing driven under water by crocodiles: "No problems, I can hold my breath
16 minutes."

CLICK!
"What do you mean, 'The trap WASN'T armed.'? What was that Remove Traps
roll for anyway!?"

Kender to Bard "Blipdo who?" in reference to Kou-Touan goddess
materializing in the same room.

Paladin charging Dragon: "For Honor, for King, for God."
Dragon eating Paladin: "For lunch."

Engebret Tangnes, HIS, Stavanger, Norway

================================= EOF ===============================

From phreak!dnews!news.demos.su!dnews!L-usenet Wed Dec 7 02:53:27 MSK 1994
Received: by palinf.msk.su (UUPC/@ v4.07 from Ache, 22Mar92);
Wed, 07 Dec 1994 02:53:24 MSK
Received: by phreak.demos.su; Wed, 7 Dec 1994 22:44:28 +0300
Received: by news.demos.su; Wed, 7 Dec 1994 22:39:29 +0300
X-Class: Slow,Big
Sender: L-usenet@news.demos.su (2.16.7d (11.11.94))
To: lensky@palinf.msk.su
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.archives
Subject: [NEWS] LIST: Last Words 2
Followup-To: rec.games.frp.misc
Date: 6 Dec 1994 08:59:11 -0500
Organization: UUNET Technologies Inc, Falls Church, VA, USA
Approved: smm@uunet.uu.net
Message-ID: <3c1qnf$agk@rodan.UU.NET
NNTP-Posting-Host: rodan.uu.net

Comments, additions, ... sendt to: tangnes@gribb.hsr.no
Flames /dev/nul
Thanks to all contributors on the Net!

================================
FAMOUS LAST WORDS Updated: 22-nov-1994
================================
--------------------------------
Last Quotes: (18)
--------------------------------

DM: You are standing before the gates of the temple.
The temple is old and decaying.
Player: What do the gates look like?
DM: They are made of finely polished copper, bright and shiny.
There are a lot of animal skeletons scattered on the
ground near the gates.
Player: Must be magical. I'll pull out my sword, and push
the gates open with the tip.
Gates: BBBZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
Player: What was that???
DM: The million volts of electricity in the gates.

(The DM like to make electrified traps in
dungeons, but he always give clues. This player
didn't pay attention to the clues of polished
copper gates, dead animals, and the rest of the
temple was falling apart. Well, at least he was
right about them being magical. Don't worry, the
other PCs chipped in to get him raised).
---
Astone gloem? i draw my sword and hit it.

One very good way to lose a sword prob the best i have seen.
He got out by the way . & I kept telling him he had tickled the golem.
---
One last thing in one of the groups that i played with last year a char
had to seducea femail in order to get a item HE DID and very well to.
But he seemed to have forgotten that this was a ADVANCED TECH GAME.
quote "BUG WHAT BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The poor guy had to give us a blow by blow detailed account of what he had done,
it was his face that was the funny thing.
------
***** Borik's Rules To Live By (Or Else Die By) *****
6. Ogre Mages need to lighten up on the Cones of Cold.
7. Mages should never be allowed to cast Fireball.
8. Don't fire a lightning bolt in a 10x10x10 room
unless you have a Cube of Force.
9. You CAN make an eyeball pop in two rounds.
10. Disintegration works best if you don't roll a 20.
-------
WISH....
While this may not be earth-shattering, it did mess things up a bit. A
certain character who loved killing orcs happened upon a wish. His wish?
"I wish I had more orcs to fight." The DM immediately took this one and
flew with it. The player thought the wish was worded quite well (given
20-30 seconds to do so). However, instead of merely encountering a
larger percentage of orcs, there were suddenly more orcs...
-------
GADGETS
Ahh, yes, gadgets. I played DC Heroes once, the 1st Ed, I think. My friend
was playing the Batman. He was plummetting to a grisly death, kicked out of
a helicopter 40 stories up. We explained the Omnigadgets to him.
"You've got type C Omnigadgets in your utility belt! Pull one out,
it can be whatever you want!"
"Anything?"
"Nearly anything. Quick! Use an Omnigadget!"
"Okay, I pull out an Omnigadget."
"What do you want it to be?"
"A cup of tea."
"???? Tea?"
"Orange Pekoe Bat-tea."
Well, he was a Bat-splat shortly thereafter.
-----
5th level Paladin, mounted in splint mail, medium lance, facing
an advancing column of field plated lanceman;
"Bring it"
one round till death.
-----
Just last week I had an unfortunate player awaken from unconscious-
ness (i.e. 0 hp) and proceed to follow some of the other party members who
were checking out a disturbance in the surrounding woods...
Shane: I see goblins? I climb the nearest tree.
Daniel: Me too.
Me: Okay, after a short while they notice Elie (Daniel) and
begin to congregate about the base of the tree. One
of them kneels down and rammages through his sack.
Kaerin (Shane), you see a few short flashes of light
around the goblins hunched over form. It would seem
that he has a light torch now. By the way, how many
of you have seen or read _The Hobbit_?
...Various exclamations of woe...
Daniel: I jump out of the tree onto one of the goblins.
Me: You jump out of the tree... into the goblins?
Daniel: Yea.
Me: Okay...
Shane: Uh, Daniel, how high were you?
Daniel: Oh no!
Elie: AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........

---
My players came upon a crypt with a mummified body in it and
the thief was telling one of the fighters:
"Poke it! It's dead, what is it going to do?"
The mummy came to life and almost wiped out the party.
This thief also has a bad habit of failing his find traps role. He spends
a lot of time taking a so-called 'dirt-nap' and monopolizing healing
spells from the two priests.
---
The huge red dragon is flying toward me with his mouth open? Ok, I roll
for initiative with my bastard sword.
What if we drained this fountain that acts as a portal to the elemental
plane of water with my bag of holding?.
Well, he's OK, Know Alignment works on anybod...
Oh, shit.
---
My elven mage, a human ranger, and a human assassin enter a huge
chamber filled with piles upon piles of bones and "awaken" three very angry
wraiths. The mage casts "Protection from Evil".
Ranger: Coward! There's only THREE of them!
(okay, we didn't die, but the assassin and mage both lost one experience
level and the ranger lost 3 levels)
---
The party's leader entered alone the room where the big bad guy we slayed
was. Couple of seconds later, we hear through the door:
"You can come, there's no danger anymore !(BOOM!!)"
-----
From a female PC (who [a] encouraged a deity of rape/pillaging to
possess one of his priests so they could have sex
"Is that the best you can do?"
---
We came to a hall, about 15 feet high, with thousands of spikes
(2 feet long) fixed to the ceiling. Our self-confident priestess
entered the hall and walked about 5 feet towards the center and
told us:
"It's perfectly safe. The spikes won't come down."
She continued to walk and entered a few seconds later a zone of
Reverse Gravity...
---
When crossing a swamp, the atmosphere starts to get ugly.
Worried by a very black pool, the group tarries and doesn't
want to continue. After an unsuccesfull attempt of our thief
to reach the pool, I (a mage!) walk towards it (through the
mud and quicksand), examine the black water and return, saying
"Relax, nothing was there..... ??? What are you looking at?"
How about a large black dragon?
---
This is from a dwarven cleric in my long time gaming party. The assignment
was dealing with clearing a graveyeard which had been sprouting all kinds of
nasty surprises. He had gone ahead of the main party to check something
out...
"You see what looks to be a large flaotingp ball, with a a large central eye,
and severl stalks with small eyes at the end. The things gaze is upon you,
though it's not moving in your direction"
"Bah! It's just a gas spore!"
Well, atleast the party had some items to remember him by after the
distigration hit.
----
"Splat"
Me, right after a two-headed troll decided that the party mage would be a very
good club.
----
Here's an old one that i actually was able to use the other day
"What do you mean a 'herd of Terrasque' ?"
We did not survive.
BTW, a kender had gotten hold of a gnomish cloning device. That is bad enough
without the Tarrasque.
----
"Drow have no sense of humor." --The Dragonfly,
after being slain by the dark Elf Zik for making fun of his name: "I am Zik."
"How Zik are you?"
(Insert Lightning Bolt Here)

Engebret Tangnes, HIS, Stavanger, Norway

Player remarks:
After killing a shopkeeper because he wouldn't lower his prices: "What ?!?! The constable arrives with troops ??? But the guy was an asshole !".

PC (thief): Zorander (a PC mage) is walking behind me right?

DM: Yes, That's right

PC (thief): Okay, after I enter the building I smash the door in his face and when he falls down I go "check up" on him whilst robbing his gold.

-The thief actually succeeded to get away with Zorander's gold eventhough Zorander found out about the theft.

PC1 (thief) in a crowded tavern: So all the bards are discussing with the tavernkeeper and their instruments are lying on the plateau?

DM: Yup

PC1 (thief): I go on the plateau - grab the harp and try to play "Song 2" by Blur.

PC2 (mage): Me too !! I'll sing the lyrics !

DM: But you both don't have proficiencies to do that right.

PC1 (thief): So?

After sneaking in the home of a poor man: "Whaddaya mean: "The only things of value here are a butterknife and some clothes" ???

DM: You see a spirit appear. It resembles the spirit of the boy you saw earlier. It speaks: "They're coming…"

PC (thief): Again ?!? -This guy annoys me ! I'm throwing a haystack at him.

DM: The haystack passes right through him. -The spirit looks angry and starts to change.

-The PC got chased by an angry spirit all night, while the other party members slept like a baby.

DM: You see the spirits of the missing children. -They are each standing behind a pile of bones.

PC (thief): Do they respond to me in any way?

DM: No, they just stare forward.

PC(thief): Good ! I'll go urinate on the piles of bones !

Party talking to each other: Umm, why is the DM smiling with that evil grin?

-Hey ! Why are you smiling that way ?

Party talking to each other about which passage to take: Shall we go left ? -No, wait.. The DM is smiling when we talk about the left route so it can't be good. -Lets go right !

-The party should've chosen the left route…

The party encountered a swarm of giant centipides (not megalo-centipedes). One of them was was crawling under a mage's robe. A fighter and the mage both tried to grab the monster as it was crawling up the mage's leg. Both made crappy dice rolls so they so they didn't manage to catch the creature. Eventually it bit the mage and the mage was paralized for 6 hours (on a d6 roll). The centipede crawled out of the robe so the fighter tried to step on the critter, but constantly rolled 3's and 4's. Eventually the fighter got pissed and grabbed his composite longbow and killed the centipede. -A lot of efford for a creature with 1hp.

DM: After slaying the giant bats, all that you see is the corridor leading forward, some bat droppings and of course the dead bodies of the bats you just slayed.

PC (thief): I grab the droppings with my gloves and put them in the empty potion bottles.

-The party and the DM all look puzzled

PC (thief): This might come in handy later y'know…

RPGS AND SHIT

GURPS: You can represent shit with a bell curve.

AD&D: More shit than in any other product line.

Vampire: Shit hides in deep, dark places.

Werewolf: Better shit than pollution!

Mage: Shit is relative; it's all in how you look at it.

Castle Falkenstein: This shit is steaming.

Over the Edge: What kind of weird shit is this?

Theatrix: Shit happens 'cause it's in the script.

Call of Cthulhu: Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

HOL: Everything is shit.

Psychosis: This shit ain't happening, man!

Magic: The Gathering: Our shit is worth more than your house.

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle: Same shit, different name.

Ars Magica - Is that shit in paradigm? Better spend some time in the lab
checking.

Everway - The physical of relief of relief from solid waste expulsion
urges happens.

Shadowrun - Shit happens, but we invent silly slang to describe it.

Shadowrun (1st ed.) - shit happens, but nobody cares, because it can't
penetrate your t-shirt.

Cyberpunk 2020 - Shit happens, and we write corny songs about it. Say no
to drugs.

Whispering Vault- Shit happens, usually by bursting through your eyes.

AD&D - Shit is a copyright of TSR. You're not allowed to talk about it
where more than two people can hear, "or else". You'll have to get the
Complete Defactation Handbook to find out how.

Nephilim - Shit happened, but not if I have anything to say about it.

Aria - Defectation and the Rites and minor Rituals invovled with
Defecation and the subsequent Cleansing of the hands or body are
important Aspects of a Milieu...

Mutant Chronicles - Bleak shit happens.

Vampire - Shit happens. Oh, the angst!

Werewolf - Shit happens. Make a Rage check.

Mage - Shit might happen. I'm not sure. Can you figure this part out,
Bob?

Wraith - Shit doesn't happen, because that might leave a hook to hang a
game around.

Earthdawn - Shit probabally happens, but the rules for it are in nine
different sourcebooks, so I'm not sure.

Over the Edge - Shit happens. Sometimes you eat it.

WFRP - Shit happens. Check for possible chaos attributes.

Empire of the Petal Throne - Shit happens, but you need to learn another
language to figure out how.

Rolemaster - E Shit Critical Tables, excerpted from Companion XVIII: Shit
has happened, blinding the poor unfortunant permenantly, breaking both
their arms, and stunning them for 27 rounds. They expire in a miserable
heap 6 rounds later. Pity, that.

Dragonquest - Shit happens, see 20.4.3

Rifts - Oh yeah, my shit has more MDC than you do (it still doesn't do
more than 3d6x10 though).

Dark Conspiracy - Shit happens, but you barely notice, since you're
tougher than most armored cars.

Aria: A member of the refush cluster with an aspect of gas emission (malodorous)

Champions/Hero: 1D6 NND Stun-only area-effect physical energy blast (shit)

Rolemaster: See shit table

Paranoia: That shit's classified

Pandemonium: "I want you to get a picture of that shit for the front page!"

Nexus: It was shit in Angel City...

Nightlife: Splattershit!

Amber: Sh*t happens, but tell us a story about it.

Shadowrun: Dreck happens, then you frag it, chummer.

TOP 10 DOWNSIDES OF BEING A WIZARD

10. Long expeditions in dungeons make even umber hulks look sexy.

9. Constantly have to explain you are wearing a robe and NOT a dress(!).

8. Always losing games, lackluster fans, haven`t made the playoffs in over 10 years, overshadowed by Michael Jordan`s presence. Oh, I`m sorry, that`s Top 10 Downsides of being a Washington Wizard.

7. Have the least amount of hit points out of all of your friends.

6. Chicks dig swords, not wands.

5. Prismatic light spell attracts moths.

4. Crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women, gets old after a while.

3. Insensitive taunts of "Rasputin".

2. Can cast fireball and lightening bolt spells, but still can`t impress Britney Spears.

1. When telepathic powers let you see people's impure thoughts of Wolf Blitzer.

Top Ten Signs You Play Too Much ADnD

1. Someone says "Why do you have all those numbers tattooed on your hand?", and you reply "Those aren't tattoos, they're die imprints."

2. Your elven fighter has had sex within the last six years - and you haven't.

3. You decide to play a zombie, just so you and your character can have the same skin color.

4. You've been surviving so long on Doritos, Coke, and pizza that your body now contains more plastic than your dice.

5. You can recite, verbatim, every single rule from the DMG….but you can't remember how many kids you have.

6. You sign personal correspondences with your character's name.

7. After months of work, you have made up the entire dwarven language - words, rules of vocabulary, the whole lot. You are bilingual, and can now speak fluid dwarven. Your friends stare at you strangely, and no one will sit on the same side of the table as you.

8. Drug addict and alcoholic friends of yours often stop you to say "Dude, get a grip".

9. Your "If I won the lottery" plans involve creating: (a) a really cool AD&D room, or (b) hiring actors to play monsters so that you and your friends can play AD&D for real.

10. You'd rather get a natural 18 when rolling character statistics than win the lottery.

Top Ten Signs Your DM is Too Easy

1. The red dragon suddenly develops a chest cold, and cannot use it's breath weapon.

2. Your party sneaks into the lich's secret dungeons. Luckily for them, the lich has been born-again, and sent all his undead minions off to do charity work for the poor.

3. The phrase "Oh geez, what do I need with another +5 vorpal longsword" is used during game play.

4. Your cleric is on a first name basis with his god, because of all the times the god has had to pop in to save the cleric's butt.

5. Any major city has at least one "Ressurect-a-matic" on every street corner.

6. All the city's guards are first level, and are easily spooked by the flamefinger cantrip.

7. Bubba the Mighty, the most powerful and evil mage in the world, has a soft spot for fast-talking halflings. Instead of casting meteor swarm and annihilating the party, he decides to teleport away.

8. The party is dividing treasure. The fighter says "Ok, who wants the staff of the magi? Anybody? Anyone at all? Ok, we leave it leaning against a tree stump."

9. The DM uses a four sider to roll monster attacks.

10. The gods in your campaign worship the player characters.

Top Ten Signs Your DM is Too Hard

1. You've been playing for 3 weeks, and have 76 dead characters.

2. You're playing in Darksun, but still only use Method I to roll characters.

3. Your fighter gets a bit tipsy, and piches the barmaid's bottom. The barmaid pulls out her bow and her arrow of fighter slaying.

4. Your 15th level thief just had the snot kicked out of him by an eight year old girl.

5. There are lethal traps on every latrine door.

6. Most peasants have 20 hit dice, and many know the power word, kill spell.

7. Somehow you've done it. Your party has slain Emberburn, the most fearsome and powerful Red Dragon the DM has ever created. The DM stares at you in shock, still staring down at the "1" he rolled on the dragon's last attack. After poking him in the arm for five minutes, chanting "horde....horde.....horde...." over and over, he looks up at you. The look of surprise fades, and an evil grin replaces it. "As it happens," the DM says with glee, "the dragon had cast project image just before the party entered the cavern...".

8. Your mage has an argument with a local spice merchant. Finally, annoyed to the breaking point, he casts charm on the merchant. Sadly, the merchant is a retired 22nd level elven mage. Shaking your head, you reach for the statistic rolling dice once again...

9. Trees can, and often do, explode in huge, 20d6 hit die fireballs. No explanation is ever offfered.

10. Regular rabbits are gone. They have been replaced by the killer-rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

Top Ten Signs You Just Met the Main Bad Guy

1. Your assassin henchman just wet his pants.

2. The ancient red dragon you had just been fighting says "S**t, I'm out of here!" and flies away.

3. The bad guy just laughed evilly, and seven birds fell dead out of the sky.

4. The DM chuckles, and says "I spent seven hours rolling this guy up".

5. The bad guy burps, and a human toe flies out of his mouth.

6. The DM plays a tape of scary organ music, and starts talking like Boris Karloff.

7. The bad guy is dressed all in black, but has one of those little yellow smiley face buttons (DMs can be sooo sarcastic).

8. You point your wand of fire at him, and it melts.

9. The bad guy keeps Elminster in a cage, and occasionally pokes him with a fork.

10. After the battle, the only Player Character to survive is the one that stayed back in town with the flu.

Top Ten Signs You Pissed Off the Villagers

1. The "interesting new stew" you've been served at the inn smells suspiciously like sewage.

2. One ripe apple at the market place costs more than your last spellbook.

3. They're building a gallows outside of your room at the inn. They try to tell you that it's "modern art".

4. One of them asks you for a donation for the "Hire Some Thugs to Kill the Adventurers" fund.

5. Someone glued a spike to your saddle.

6. At bed time, your goose-down pillow explodes. The innkeeper says that the pillow was made from the feathers of very angry geese.

7. People keep providing you with gifts of horses, and maps out of town.

8. The mayor declares a special "Murder of Foreigners is No Longer Illegal" day, in your honour.

9. Arrows keep appearing in the dirt at your feet. Local villagers shake their head, and claim that they are fast-growing weeds.

10. The villagers hire a band of trolls to rid their town of adventurers.

Top Ten Spells That Never Made It

1. Berman's Death-to-the-Caster.

2. Power word, fart.

3. Gelatinous Shell (immediately surrounds the caster in a gelatinous cube).

4. Safe fall (like feather fall, but makes you weigh as much as a 12 ton bank vault).

5. Polymorph Udder (a highly specialized spell which only affects female cattle).

6. Stinking Klaus (summons a fat, smelly German business man, who chases your enemies while eating an Oktoberfest sausage and belching).

7. Magnetskin (a variation of stoneskin - makes the caster's skin magnetic, giving all metallic weapons a +10 bonus to hit).

8. Meatier Swarm (large chunks of ground chuck rain to the ground).

9. Polymorph any Omelet.

10. Fireballs (sets the target's testicles on fire - very effective, but a bit too kinky for TSR).

Top Ten Things Your Berserker Would Never Say

1. If this wasn't such a nice inn, I'd kick your ass.

2. Do these boots go with this tunic?

3. Sometimes, I just want to be held.

4. Couldn't we just talk this over? Violence never solved anything.

5. Swords and alcohol don't mix.

6. Gee, I'd like to help you guys hunt down that rogue dragon, but Lance and I are going shopping for curtains this weekend.

7. Thank you (as well as "please", "excuse me", and "so sorry, I would appear to have stabbed you in the stomach with my broad sword").

8. I think mages are the coolest.

9. Wait a minute guys. Maybe we should think this over first.

10. Ewwwww! Blood!

Top Ten Things You Don't Want to Hear a Mage Say

"Is it virgin's tears and dragon's blood, or dragon's tears and virgin's blood? Maybe the dragon was a virgin.."

"Hmm...is this the recipe for a Potion of Healing, or for Chile Con Carne?"

"Oh, oh, oh, oh! That wand of cold balls -didn't- do what I expected."

"By any chance, have you seen a summoned 9th order fire elemental wandering around? No? Oh.. Tell me if you do."

"It's supposed to have five points?"

"My familiar will take care of that dragon! Sic 'em, Fifi!"

"What kind of cheap, wussyarse excuse for a djinn only gives one wish? Oh, he's still here..."

"Eennie, meenie, miny, moe.. Which end points toward the foe?"

"Damn. I knew I should have used Energizers in this thing."

"Oops..."

That is alot of reading. ANd thats why I stoped half way threw.

You actually expect me to read all this?? Cursed short attention span....

From RPG & Shit ...
Call of Cthulhu: Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

Raven that should be ...

Call of Cthulhu: Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. *while running away*

I read most of it. I skiped evil overlord because I read it a few months ago.

Then after a while I had to skip down then the top ten lsits got my attention.

I posted all of them for you're entertainment folks.

And also to have them all collected in one spot too.

Well, I've finally read most of it at this point. Good stuff....

Yeah, cause I know you hold my opinion in such high regard. heheh

Damn, boy, you missed the best one and you wrote half of it.

I got an email the other day, I need to forward it to ya.

Yes, Dice Fishing, top notch humor in that one.

If it's alright with you, Killermuffin, I would post it here as well.

Another responce?! Cool! Was it a good one?!

Sure was.

"Hey! Gamers aren't like that! My girlfriend said I was, but she's lyin. It's only funny cause it's true!"

:D

Back