The Chatterlys

Rob_Royale

with cheese
I recently watched Lady Chatterley's Lover for the first time and was rather underwhelmed. But, I was intrigued by the whole life and love at the manor, scenario.

So I'm imagining if Lord Chatterley had embraced his wife's dalliance with the gamekeeper (because she was the picture of discretion for the longest time) and remained married to Connie. Her child (a boy) becomes his heir and namesake.

The son arrives a manhood in time for service in WW2, much as his father did in the previous war. But the son comes home healthy and whole. He comes home and now he seeks a bride of his own. Unfortunately, the cunning Mrs. Bolton, his father's nurse, (de-aged a bit for my story) is enamored with the young man. She'd seduced him after he'd turned eighteen and they had been fucking regularly before he left. Now upon his return, she wants him even more and strives to sabotage his efforts to find a wife.

She might even go so far as to let slip his true parentage.

Does anyone have any Love at the Manor ideas? They don't have to fit the LCL story.

You put up a whole story there. Trans-generational, mirror-image fucking! I like it.

The English class system, long talked of as dead but actually alive and kicking, has often been the source of literary voyaging. Originally, the simple idea of marrying above or below 'one's station' was thought to be a brazen and saucy enough theme in itself... but Lawrence took it to a new psychological/physical-sexual level, whence it has scarcely strayed since.

There was a BBC seventies sitcom: 'To the Manor Born' starring Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles which mocked the entrenched attitudes of the system and showed that love could conquer all. To me this was a barely-disguised gloss over the Lawrence take... but maybe that says more about the smut in me than anything else.

'Dalliances outside of the tribe' have always been there. They happen in the natural world, not just human society and, some say, are essential for the health of the gene pool...

I recently watched Lady Chatterley's Lover for the first time and was rather underwhelmed. But, I was intrigued by the whole life and love at the manor, scenario.

So I'm imagining if Lord Chatterley had embraced his wife's dalliance with the gamekeeper (because she was the picture of discretion for the longest time) and remained married to Connie. Her child (a boy) becomes his heir and namesake.

The son arrives a manhood in time for service in WW2, much as his father did in the previous war. But the son comes home healthy and whole. He comes home and now he seeks a bride of his own. Unfortunately, the cunning Mrs. Bolton, his father's nurse, (de-aged a bit for my story) is enamored with the young man. She'd seduced him after he'd turned eighteen and they had been fucking regularly before he left. Now upon his return, she wants him even more and strives to sabotage his efforts to find a wife.

She might even go so far as to let slip his true parentage.

Does anyone have any Love at the Manor ideas? They don't have to fit the LCL story.

So where might Connie be in all of this? Presumably now only in her forties... and a possible participant in matters? I know the novel ended with the hope dangled that she and Mellors might eventually get together but, as I recall, things are never really settled.

So where might Connie be in all of this? Presumably now only in her forties... and a possible participant in matters? I know the novel ended with the hope dangled that she and Mellors might eventually get together but, as I recall, things are never really settled.
Second paragraph of my OP.

A great idea. Show her for what she could be: a lustful, recidivist, natural-born strayer masquerading as upper-class refinement. No real need for "fanfic" stuff... a simple sequel would do fine.

Never saw that one, but Young Lady Chatterly was ... umm ... weird.

A great idea. Show her for what she could be: a lustful, recidivist, natural-born strayer masquerading as upper-class refinement. No real need for "fanfic" stuff... a simple sequel would do fine.

One afternoon, when father and son are out doing whatever upper-crust gentry do, the new daughter-in-law witnesses her MIL in flagrante delicto with another handsome staff member and finds herself drawn into that world with her MIL's help and blessing.

"I get so horny in the middle of the day, dear, and he's always out golfing or hunting. And then there's that ridiculous "men's club," they're always at. That young fellow Clifford hired to do maintenance around here has a delicious cock, and knows just what to do with it."

It would have to go in the fan-fiction category though, unless I changed all the names. Laurel is rather set on that. I just had to revise my Skyrim story, to get it put into the sci-fi/fantasy category. I had to eliminate all mention of the word Skyrim. Also, the original story ends with her leaving her husband for the groundskeeper, so this would be a 'reimagining'.

Back