The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

Good morning early risers, night owls, or afternoon or evening to those on the other continents.

Today is May Day. Warming into the unusual warm 75 to 80 F. I have a delightful 2 hours with my grand daughter this morning.

Happy Wednesday, and Happy May!!! It'll just be another work-a-day here, and that all right by me. I see that I'll be getting my walking exercise on this job. The weather is decent - kind of warmed up in a hurry over the last few days.

I'm glad to be here . . . .

I work for German company and they all have off for Mayday. But not us.

Mayday mayday!!

Off to work.

Oh yeah, coffee!!
I thought it was a holiday everywhere, but I guess not. They now call it Workers Day here for some years now. Really though, if I look at all the public holidays we have and what they're supposed to be all about, they're all a farce at the end of the day. I don't consider it cynical, it just is that way. The vast majority of people anyhow don't care what it's supposed to be about, they only see it as a day off from work.

It’s not a thing here, but we have Labor Day, which is the first Monday in September. Same concept, just most of us happen to get a three day weekend out of it.😂 but not all. Those in the service and restaurant biz, still work.

Celebrate workers rights … yeah. It’s really just the unofficial end of summer and another excuse to have a barbecue and for people to have dumb sales and spend money.

LOL!!

It is the most maddening of sports: frustrating, but addictive. I am terrible as well but I enjoy being out there, the camaraderie, and trying to emulate the shot whereby I (probably accidentally) really hit it perfectly. It is a feeling like no other.

It’s a close second to nude gardening 👍
My job is to drive the golf cart and keep people hydrated

LOL!!

It is the most maddening of sports: frustrating, but addictive. I am terrible as well but I enjoy being out there, the camaraderie, and trying to emulate the shot whereby I (probably accidentally) really hit it perfectly. It is a feeling like no other.

It’s a close second to nude gardening 👍
I'm not sold on the idea of nude gardening, I'd be kinda worried about getting sunburned on those sensitive places that never see the sun.

I have to drive in to work today. An hour there and back for a 2 hour kumbaya meeting....... to tell the team (update) everything we are doing that we have already discussed in the 34 meetings we have already had
That sucks. I commute about an hour on average every day. The traffic where I live is stressful. Luckily its a company vehicle but still sucks. I feel your pain. Maybe when you give an update this time, make up some outlandish lies about curing cancer on the unique quest of the task your working on and also found out the solution to the energy crisis and that your quitting and everyone can kiss your ass😂😂😂

Maybe when you give an update this time, make up some outlandish lies about curing cancer on the unique quest of the task your working on and also found out the solution to the energy crisis and that your quitting and everyone can kiss your ass😂😂😂
This is my work fantasy.

(Well there are a few hot women too).

I am ready to retire so I can work on what I want to work on. Still got a good 7-8 years to go…

Back