Story pending

I've uploaded 2 stories here on Literotica, but both of them are stuck on pending for a long time now, what should I do? Can someone help me out?

will it take more time?
Clearly :)

All humor aside - things have been slower than normal since last month. Probably just typical holiday stuff keeping the one person who moderates story publishing busy.

Also, there seems to be a pattern of publishing brand-new authors taking longer than publishing new stories from established authors who have stories already published.

I have this same thing going on. I've deleted and resubmitted several times, each with the submission being up for a week. During the first submission, another story I posted was posted but not the one in question. The current submission has been up for 6 days. How long do we wait?

I have this same thing going on. I've deleted and resubmitted several times, each with the submission being up for a week. During the first submission, another story I posted was posted but not the one in question. The current submission has been up for 6 days. How long do we wait?
Don't do that! Every time you resubmit you reset your position in the queue. My latest took 12 days. They're clearing the holiday backlog.

I wish someone else would volunteer to moderate story approvals...if, as posted above, only one person does it, that sounds like a problem.

I wish someone else would volunteer to moderate story approvals...if, as posted above, only one person does it, that sounds like a problem.
It's been the way of it for twenty years or more. It's one of the endearing quirks of Lit. Patience is required here.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. My first four chapters of a series all posted within two days of submitting during December. Chapter Five took three. Chapter Six was submitted on the tenth and is still waiting for approval. I have Chapter Seven ready to go but I can't submit that until I'm sure the other moves into New.

It really puts my knickers in a twist since I wanted to submit at least somewhat close to a weekly schedule. 😕

I have Chapter Seven ready to go but I can't submit that until I'm sure the other moves into New.
Just go ahead and submit it. The worst that could happen is, Chapter 6 doesn't get approved, and then several days later, Chapter 7 doesn't either because it would then be out of order. Yes, that's a basis for rejection.

But if that happens, then, when resumbitting chapter 6, you can resubmit chapter 7 as well.

As it is, if you submit it now, Chapter 7 will be several days behind Chapter 6 in the moderation queue, so, you'll know the fate of Chapter 6 before it becomes any sort of issue for Chapter 7. There's no danger that Laurel will get to Chapter 7 first.

Last edited:
Just go ahead and submit it. The worst that could happen is, Chapter 6 doesn't get approved, and then several days later, Chapter 7 doesn't either because it would then be out of order. Yes, that's a basis for rejection.

But if that happens, then, when resumbitting chapter 6, you can resubmit chapter 7 as well.

As it is, if you submit it now, Chapter 7 will be several days behind Chapter 6 in the moderation queue, so, you'll know the fate of Chapter 6 before it becomes any sort of issue for Chapter 7. There's no danger that Laurel will get to Chapter 7 first.
That's pretty good info there. Thanks! BTW, the chapter went new a day later, and I submitted the next right after. By the time I submitted Chapter 8, I was back on schedule.

It looks like the queue has caught up for now.

I've been waiting for my first story to go through and had been concerned that there was wrong. It had been kicked back because I picked the wrong category, but then nothing happened after I fixed and re-submitted. This makes me feel better. I've been reading stories here for several years and I'm looking forward to seeing how mine fare.

No doubt a person would have to establish themselves pretty well to be considered, but I wonder if Laurel would be open to some assistance with reviewing and approving submissions? That's got to be a helluva job for one person.

I'm writing a story that has a chapter zero prologue that has no action, it only sets up the story, so the reader can skip it if they wish. Should I submit that by itself or along with chapter one? Or maybe submit chapter one first then zero? I'd like them both to go up at once, I don't want the prologue up by itself with no follow up and I don't want people reading one without the option to read zero first. If chapter one goes up first, will zero be listed above it when it goes through? I don't want the chapters out of order.

I have about twenty chapters I’d like to submit, I’ve submitted three. Should I just take the plunge and submit the lot on the grounds they might all get through over the span of the next month?

I'm writing a story that has a chapter zero prologue that has no action, it only sets up the story, so the reader can skip it if they wish. Should I submit that by itself or along with chapter one? Or maybe submit chapter one first then zero? I'd like them both to go up at once, I don't want the prologue up by itself with no follow up and I don't want people reading one without the option to read zero first. If chapter one goes up first, will zero be listed above it when it goes through? I don't want the chapters out of order.
Submit them both at the same time with a Note to the Editor, saying they're connected.

Alternatively, combine the prologue with chapter one.

How long is the prologue? Does it really need to be standalone?

Remember, in six months it won't matter, because (presumably) the whole thing will be published.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. My first four chapters of a series all posted within two days of submitting during December. Chapter Five took three. Chapter Six was submitted on the tenth and is still waiting for approval. I have Chapter Seven ready to go but I can't submit that until I'm sure the other moves into New.

It really puts my knickers in a twist since I wanted to submit at least somewhat close to a weekly schedule. 😕
This also creates a problem for me as I need to keep a flow of the story going. When I have something in Pending for weeks I tend to stop working on that story so when it is finally published (if it’s not rejected for using AI, which I don’t use) I’ve lost the storyline and it’s hard to get it back.

Back