"Show me your papers" about to begin in Texas. How long will it last?

RoryN

You're screwed.
Place your bets!

Texas governor signs bill that lets police arrest migrants who enter the US illegally​

https://apnews.com/article/immigration-texas-border-8c86bc6c20a7c30d6127b2413b8688fc

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday approved sweeping new powers that allow police to arrest migrants who illegally cross the U.S. border and give local judges authority to order them to leave the country, testing the limits of how far a state can go to enforce immigration laws.

Opponents have called the measure the most dramatic attempt by a state to police immigration since a 2010 Arizona law — denounced by critics as the “Show Me Your Papers” bill — that was largely struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court. Immigration enforcement is a federal responsibility, and Texas’ law is also likely to face swift legal challenges.

Papers, or as real people know it, ID, are needed to be shown to get

Bank account

Cable

Sec 8

Food stamps

Drivers license

Passport

Insurance

Mortgage

And other stuff

So whats the issue, mentally deranged "person"?

Also, the Nazis routinely demanded citizenship papers from any "suspicious" person in Germany, so there is definitely an international precedent for doing this.

As the Deplorables ask, "What's the big deal?"

Bank account

Cable

Sec 8

Food stamps

Drivers license

Passport

Insurance

Mortgage

And other stuff

Well said. Seems laws are for some, not for all.

Bank account

Cable

Sec 8

Food stamps

Drivers license

Passport

Insurance

Mortgage

And other stuff

And if the migrant has papers for their asylum claim? That means they are here legally.

Also, the Nazis routinely demanded citizenship papers from any "suspicious" person in Germany, so there is definitely an international precedent for doing this.

As the Deplorables ask, "What's the big deal?"
So if you get pulled over by a cop and asks for your papers AKA your driver's license and insurance you gonna tell him the Nazi's did the same?

So if you get pulled over by a cop and asks for your papers AKA your driver's license and insurance you gonna tell him the Nazi's did the same?

You right-wing nutjobs do that all the time.

Wanna see some YouTube links? 🙂

You right-wing nutjobs do that all the time.

Wanna see some YouTube links? 🙂
You dont know me, don't label me.

I asked a reasonable question, your response showed that it was reasonable as you attacked me without answering.

⚠️⚠️ Attention Lit Deplorables: the above poster is trying to stifle free speech. ⚠️⚠️

The decent, intelligent people here in the PB really deserve a better class of Deplorables to mock.

Unfortunately, a better class of Deplorables is oxymoronic.

*nods*

Place your bets!

Texas governor signs bill that lets police arrest migrants who enter the US illegally​

https://apnews.com/article/immigration-texas-border-8c86bc6c20a7c30d6127b2413b8688fc

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday approved sweeping new powers that allow police to arrest migrants who illegally cross the U.S. border and give local judges authority to order them to leave the country, testing the limits of how far a state can go to enforce immigration laws.

Opponents have called the measure the most dramatic attempt by a state to police immigration since a 2010 Arizona law — denounced by critics as the “Show Me Your Papers” bill — that was largely struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court. Immigration enforcement is a federal responsibility, and Texas’ law is also likely to face swift legal challenges.
The key word is illegal, they are breaking the law, consuming valuable resources that should be used on the citizens of this country (homeless vets that actually did something for this country) O'l two scoops gives billions to several money pits around the world and nothing for our citizens, these illegal aliens are filling up valuable housing thus denying our people affordable homes
In Detroit, lately the high end homes are being invaded and robbed by violent south American gangs (got what you voted for) I just watched a video showing one of these muslims In the Netherlands at a supermarket pissing on the pork in the meat case.... so much for your civilized followers of Mohammed 🙄
When one of these "poor down trodden" illegals violently rob you, remember this is what you asked for...

I just watched a video showing one of these muslims In the Netherlands at a supermarket pissing on the pork in the meat case.... so much for your civilized followers of Mohammed 🙄

1. In the post above, you're applying a negative evaluation to an entire group of people based on what one person did in a video. That's a fact, and that makes you ignorant trash. No amount of "it's not just what's in that one video" will save you - you had your chance, and you blew it for a reason.

2. Why were you watching that video in the first place?

😎

The key word is illegal, they are breaking the law, consuming valuable resources that should be used on the citizens of this country (homeless vets that actually did something for this country) O'l two scoops gives billions to several money pits around the world and nothing for our citizens, these illegal aliens are filling up valuable housing thus denying our people affordable homes
In Detroit, lately the high end homes are being invaded and robbed by violent south American gangs (got what you voted for) I just watched a video showing one of these muslims In the Netherlands at a supermarket pissing on the pork in the meat case.... so much for your civilized followers of Mohammed 🙄
When one of these "poor down trodden" illegals violently rob you, remember this is what you asked for...
holy grievances.

The key word is illegal, they are breaking the law,
Papers please...oh wait immigration is a "Federal Jurisdiction".
consuming valuable resources that should be used on the citizens of this country (homeless vets that actually did something for this country)
Yes I'm sure it's illegal immigrants cutting benefit programs
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/brie...-harm-american-families-seniors-and-veterans/

O'l two scoops gives billions to several money pits around the world and nothing for our citizens, these illegal aliens are filling up valuable housing thus denying our people affordable homes
lol sure they are...
When did the Netherlands become the 51st state? Damn I missed that. ( says a lot about your bias when you need to go worldwide to find an example)
I'd honestly be more worried about some old white dude pulling a gun on me than an illegal just trying to get away from what ever third world "shithole" they escaped from.

1. In the post above, you're applying a negative evaluation to an entire group of people based on what one person did in a video. That's a fact, and that makes you ignorant trash. No amount of "it's not just what's in that one video" will save you - you had your chance, and you blew it for a reason.

2. Why were you watching that video in the first place?

😎
Remember their leader owned a 9 year old girl (wife)..... yupper Islam is civilized 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Papers please...oh wait immigration is a "Federal Jurisdiction".

Yes I'm sure it's illegal immigrants cutting benefit programs
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/brie...-harm-american-families-seniors-and-veterans/

lol sure they are...

When did the Netherlands become the 51st state? Damn I missed that. ( says a lot about your bias when you need to go worldwide to find an example)

I'd honestly be more worried about some old white dude pulling a gun on me than an illegal just trying to get away from what ever third world "shithole" they escaped from.
Fuzzy, these third word shit hole "people " will get around to destroying your way of life, it's what you voted for..

Fuzzy, these third word shit hole "people " will get around to destroying your way of life, it's what you voted for..
What about those GOP and their "support" of veterans, that you just claimed...oh yah lets just pretend you never made that statement...right?

Back