Senseless Feedback

I disagree. Besides, when referencing the thread previously, you seemed to say that it was the reason I was receiving the negative feedback I am now receiving. Considering the thread was started about something that had nothing to do with any feedback, & initially was not different from several others started by other people who may or may not have received the same sort of feedback, saying that the feedback started due to that thread would be quite possibly incorrect.

I'll be more direct and attempt to pull my punches as much as I can. The intention of the thread regardless of whether or not it was about promoting stories or recieving feedback is not what I suggest is the reason for your feedback. The nature of the discussion within it is however.

Like it or not you have unintentionally become a figure of hatred on Chyoo and the forums. You have gained a reputation for being egotistical and showing nothing but contempt for feedback you recieve and unwilling to accept that there may or not be issues with what you have written on Chyoo.

The reason you recieve such feedback is exactly what I said in my very first post in this topic. These are personal attacks against you because of the reputation you have gained on this site. These aren't random comments with no correlation.

I've understood much of that all along. I did at one time think you meant I was recieving the negative feedback b/c of that thread. (Why did I think that? Because it's what you said...)

But shortly, I discovered that was probably not what you were meaning to say, & that you were probably stating that I received the negative feedback b/c of the fact that I've become this "figure of hatred" as you describe it. I'm simply asking the question of why I became that...

Also, it seems to me (& perhaps you, & even others, as well) that part of the reason I have developed that reputation/position is b/c of the way I mention/react-to negative feedbacks I receive. Even so, long ago as now, I receive very-negative feedback that has nothing to do with the thread that is referred to in the listing. That comes right alongside positive feedbacks that (I assume) are in response to the thread being referred to. So the question remains (I'm not asking you to answer it; suppose I'll just continue to wonder) what brought them on initially.

The reason is as I mentioned before your reputation now proceeds you. You are seen by many on Chyoo as being egotistical and unwilling to address issues with what you write and the feedback you recieve.

That actually always been what I meant. That the tone of that topic is what gave you this reputation. However as you suggest you've recieved feedback like this consistently during your tenure on Chyoo, certainly that topic did nothing to help and brought your writing to the attention of a lot more people.

As you mention what brought them on initially... well to put it bluntly people don't like your work and see you as a terrible writer. That thread also highlighted issues people had with your writing for sometime.

But the topic (not the thread, but the topic of the thread when it began) also was not anything that should hurt my reputation,

The topic is irrelevant the proceeding discussion however. How could that have not hurt your reputation? Given that sometime after your account was hacked the it's not very likely that the two were isolated events.

You recieve vast amounts of negative feedback and you have played some part in why you recieve it.

In the end it's clear it's not going to stop as you aren't a popular figure on Chyoo. To the most extent there also isn't a vast amount you can do about it. The one thing I will advise. Keep your head down. Topics like this are not helping you considering that this topic has been referenced in your feedback is a clear example of that. As by posting a topic like this you're just making yourself more of a target.

Since something like this seems to indicate a single individual with a personal grudge then might I make a suggestion?

It would seem that they are doing this with the direct intention of pissing you off. Everytime you post on the forum, you're showing that they are succeeding and giving them the attention they seem to crave. Perhaps it might be better if you denied them this attention by not posting a reaction and giving them the satisfaction of knowing they've upset you.

At the end of the day I can't really think of any method that could actually stop them and as impotent as it might sound, merely shrugging it off and ignoring it might be your best policy.

And it continues, even regarding unapproved threads, & threads in the FAQ where I am trying to help people...

1] Often with problems similar to/exactly like the ones I myself am having/have had.
2] Probably including the people that are leaving the feedback.

I literally got pages of Feedback today, all with 1 ratings & the same 4-letter word as always.

That didn't surprise me. What did was that 1 of these same threads got a 5 & someone calling it my best ever, & telling me to write more like it. When I clicked on it to see what to try to emulate, there is nothing there.

I then looked in my list of "Threads" I wrote, & I wrote nothing with any such title.

I noticed a while back that your account had been hacked again and there was a ton of threads posted all with the same title.

I noticed a while back that your account had been hacked again and there was a ton of threads posted all with the same title.

Most likely, I'm misunderstanding what you said/meant there.

Anyway, a lot of the threads have a title about me wanting them deleted or something, which I never wrote. (The thread then is either as I originally wrote it, regardless of its new title... needs re-titled by the Editor or something... Or it is something I never wrote about me leaving CHYOO, etc. which I have no intention of doing/wanting to do.)

The part I don't understand is as described in my previous post, where it is a thread someone else actually wrote, if it even exists anywhere.

But this whole mess just shows you how vicious and vile some people can be, its obvious that one of your haters had hacked you and did all that damage, I mean what kind of pyscho would spend all that time editing 65 Lit posts and all of your active threads?

But this whole mess just shows you how vicious and vile some people can be, its obvious that one of your haters had hacked you and did all that damage, I mean what kind of pyscho would spend all that time editing 65 Lit posts and all of your active threads?

I wouldn't know, but it has since been suggested to me (by someone else who recently posted in this thread) that not all of what was done was by the hacker/due to the hacking.

Back