Senseless Feedback

That is a slight issue with Chyoo that the feedback section of a page can be filled with literally anything, which clearly works both ways and also completly anonymous.

On all of your threads? That sounds personal.

Sidetracking the point a little although it is connected with feedback as it's something I've been thinking about for the past few days is the way that Chyoo unlike stories on Literotica lacks anything like reviews of the stories. As with Literotica you can see the comments made on a story. With Chyoo all you get is ratings, which is somewhat broken.

Harsh feedback always stings though.

I've had a few pieces of negative feedback over the years left with no name as well. Perhaps some of it was deserved - one was on a thread I had added to 'Simon Says'- but it would be much better if a name were attached to the feedback rather than be anonynmous. The best feedback I have received was inputted with the name of the person by the person, and I do my best to do the same. I know I have my issues with some of what I've seen - I've been getting more and more picky over the years; I think part of it is the change in my style over the years - but it's better when we all know who is communicating with us and I want people to know it is me, even at the risk of a flame war.

One thing I might suggest is making Feedback posts delete-able, especially when they appear to be repeated ad nauseum & not connected to the specific thread.

While I see your point. Why bother making suggestions? The date on Chyoo's front page is 2006. It changed to Chyoo 2 in 2003 and most of the new features were never implemented. The people that run Literotica have admitted to losing the code and that the original developer departed a long time ago. There are never going to be any other changes or improvements to Chyoo.

The problem with the idea of deleting feedback is that it would be abused and people would delete valid negative feedback. Personally I'd make feedback viewable by everyone.

I agree with that... Except for one main thing.

I don't see the feedback you get (pos. or neg.) & you don't see mine. I also don't care to see yours, & I'm assuming the reverse is also true... So who cares if I keep or delete the valid feedback?

This is my point about the difference between Literotica and Chyoo. It's a flaw to me that feedback is only visible to the writer of the thread. As if it were not it be interesting to be able to see other's peoples opinions on a story and contributions to it in regards to it's quality or an overall picture of what other members of the Chyoo community think of a writer.

Think about these scenarios:

1] Someone sends me feedback with a valid mention of a mistake (grammar, punctuation, etc.) I made. I see the mention, check the thread, & fix it. All good; Right? Wrong. Because every time I check/read my new feedback, that will be there, & it is no longer valid, nor is it helpful in any way.

These help in terms of a learning curve though it's useful to be able to reflect on things you have previously done wrong and how your writing may have evolved over time. I find looking back over my older feedback quite useful to see how much my writing has changed since I started writing for Chyoo and mistakes I'd like not to repeat.

However, yeah it depend does upon the feedback though. Feedback relating to minor typographical issues that can be easily fixed are less useful in the long term but also have some value at least

2] The situations (as I mentioned previously) we can all get into where, like students grading each other's papers in school, someone marks something wrong that isn't actually, or tells you a correction that is not itself correct, let alone required. (See one I mentioned in a previous post where even the correction's part of speech is wrong.)

The problem with feedback as you are describing it is that it comes down to opinion. What they are telling you could easily be valid feedback but because you don't agree with what they are saying you're dismissing it . I'm not saying that every piece of feedback is valid but I'm not saying it's all worthless either. It comes down to finding the balance between the two and acting on it accordingly.

The unfortunate problem for you is that it's quite apparent that there is clearly a lot of bad blood between you and several other people who are active on Chyoo. Who is at fault is irrelevant at this stage but it's kind of obvious that the feedback you are recieving isn't going to be stopping regardless of the nature of the feedback.

Also, if there is so much "bad blood", etc., how come much of the feedback I get is like the above, but it sticks-out more due to being surrounded by 5s & people telling me "great job" or "go on" etc.? (Kills me that so much is written about how "no one wants (me) here", etc., & yet I get such positive responses.

The Bad blood is the entire reason for this topic. Well I'm probably wrong it's seems more likely the occasional high marks are swimming in an ocean of bad feedback.

Feedback doesn't bother me as much as the hacking & things... Much the way the lost "code" or whatever doesn't as the seeming lack of Moderation in the area. (Also ways you could change passwords, etc., so as to make things less hackable/attackable by people who have the "bad blood".)

What possible moderation is there in terms of that issue? The moderators of Chyoo can only be reactive in regards to this.

Last edited:
There is no "probably" about it; You're definitely wrong. The bad feedback is because of the bad blood, which has no reason.

Without wishing to provoke anything but I'd say one of the topics on these forums earlier in the year led to a lot of the bad blood. Unless I'm mistaken in the idea that you used to be TJChurch.

I don't know... Maybe the same there are on many message boards (like this one). Most perhaps E-mail you a password when you forget yours, but then have a way for you to change it to something so there's less of a chance you'll forget it again.

But like so many other aspects of Chyoo this can't be changed.

You're not mistaken in my previous ID, but you are certainly mistaken in the former statement. I am also not wishing to provoke anything, & if anything, am only wishing to clarify misconceptions.

There's a very long thread from earlier this year which caused a lot of bad blood between yourself and a lot of other Chyoo regulars and that was only the start of it. Which in my opinion at least is the root of where this negative feedback comes from.

I am unaware, but would hope this is wrong, or eventually becomes so.

But going back to my above point about the state of Chyoo.... what can be done about it?

I doubt the thread exists, &/or haf the effect you say it did... But if so, you must be missing part of the connection, as the thread was no doubt itself caused by something else.

Why do you doubt it exists? As it was a topic you started and can be found here

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=696479&page=4

I would suspect what turned into a four page flamewar that you were at the centre of and the central subject for the most part was about your writing may have caused a few issues for you further down the line.

I don't know. Since the thing can be done elsewhere (I'm not just making it up), it should be able to be done here, or they could make it so it is... But when they've lost the code, etc. for things, I honestly don't know.

You don't state what it is that can be done elsewhere though.

Last edited:
Let me quote from that very thread, the post I used to start it...

"I just wanted to advertise, & encourage work on, 2 stories I recently took-over."

I've seen many do that here & not have any issues or flame wars as a result, let alone half the problems.negative treatment I have. As I said, that was not the cause.

Your intention and the events that occured are two different things. Yes, many people have topics advertising their stories. As I've done so myself. The difference between those topics and yours is that it didn't descend into a flamewar that led to several people very vocally stating their issues with you. This is also only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the the sequence of events.

So if that was not the cause then what was? As while we all recieve negative feedback every so often the amount you recieve clearly indicates something served as a catalyst.

I know that my intention & the events that occurred are 2 different things; That goes without saying. But you then go on to ask me what the cause was if it was not the post I made to start the thread. I'd answer that, if I thought there was such an answer. Much the way most insurance companies have coverage ready for an "act of God", not everything every person says or does has a cause. Some people will act certain ways without anything or anyone else being the reason.

What really gets me, if you're anywhere near the right track & that was posted any time near the cause, is the fact that it is (I forget how long) since I posted that, & I received the repeated negative feedback recently. Also, in the time since that thread began & in the time since that repetitive feedback, I have continued to receive positive feedback, which have likewise had similarly-positive comments, etc. with them.

This is all the more reason to think that there is no such catalyst coming from anything I've said or done, especially not in a place on these boards or anywhere as public, or else there is similarly no explanation why some people who have just as much ability & opportunity to read the same things I said/did are able to (to use the phrase) look past it, see my writing for the quality work it is, & take the time to remark on that observation.

In the above linked topic you mentioning recieving feedback relating to percieved errors in your threads. Most recently the feedback you are recieving several of which you have referenced in this thread are of a far more personal nature than just pointing out typographical or grammatical issues. To suggest that the change in the nature of this feedback was not instigated by anything seems unlikely.

As prior to that topic were you recieving feedback of the kind you recieve now?

Back