Seeking editor for brother/sister body-swap story

burgwad

Really Experienced
Currently sitting at 13k words but feels like it's heading toward ~50+k. I'm a good sport, ambitious, used to all kinds of feedback.

The body swap premise is cliche, I admit, but also surprisingly challenging. And I just like the idea I have, okay? Please be ready to at least pretend to believe in me. I'm looking for someone who is willing to serve as a bit of a creative sounding board / partner in problem-solving as we figure out how best to capitalize on this pronoun-bending premise while still maintaining clarity, sexual tension, and fun factor.

I’d love to help I have never been a sound board before and I don’t even know if I would be your best bet but I’d be willing to give it a try. But if you find someone else I also understand

Thanks! I’ve sent you the story in its current state.

Fwiw, I think of a sounding board as someone who helps out in the early stages of a project by acting as a neutral party to bounce ideas off of. The good ones have an open mind, a collaborative optimism, and a knack for astute feedback. Imagine being in a recording studio and how there’s a producer in the booth whose job is to tinker with all the knobs and dials on a literal “soundboard” while you both figure out what settings do and do not achieve the sonic results you’re looking for. A human ‘sounding board’ is sort of like the producer in this example: patient, cooperative, well-meaning, etc. There to help fiddle with knobs and dials while the author figures out how best to get the story that’s in their head down on paper.

Because I am working from a trope that can be disorienting, unclear, confusing, etc., if not handled carefully, I am eager to bring in outside help as early as possible!

I’ll read over it tonight and give ya some feedback. Tomorrow or Thursday due to the holiday I may be really busy tomorrow.

Back