Salman Rushdie stabbed in NY.

No idea yet. The guy is in custody. Rushdie was stabbed in the neck and airlifted to hospital.
didn't see this so there's another thread over in the political forum... don't know if it's a american v brit thing, but funny that it was 2 brits who started threads on this

didn't see this so there's another thread over in the political forum... don't know if it's a american v brit thing, but funny that it was 2 brits who started threads on this
I don't know how well known he was in the Great Satan. I didn't particularly rate The Satanic Verses, but Midnight's Children is a fantastic book.

leave the man alone. who the heck could hate on him at this point? did a terrorist come out of retirement?

Salman Rushdie: Author on ventilator and unable to speak, agent says

He was attacked on stage, and is now on a ventilator and unable to speak, Andrew Wylie said in
a statement, adding that the author will lose one eye.
Mr Rushdie has suffered years of Islamist death threats after writing The Satanic Verses, published in 1988.
Police detained a suspect named as Hadi Matar, 24, from Fairview, New Jersey.
New York State Police said the suspect ran onto the stage and attacked Mr Rushdie and an interviewer
at the Chautauqua Institution in western New York state.
"Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and
damaged,
" his agent, Andrew Wylie said.

Man, that’s some long-running feud between he and the Ayatollah and his Muslim followers . Even the Mafia would have let differences go after 33 years. That’s good that Rushdie is on the road to recovery. He’ll need his feistiness and sense of humor to pull through after such a torturous attack.

The dude that attacked him wasn’t even alive when he wrote Satanic Verses. Makes me want to go back and read it finally. I’ve read other works by Rushdie but haven’t gotten around to the one that drives the bearded loons crazy.

Back