Research Assistance: Gen Z Alcoholic Beverage Preferences

MrPixel

Just a Regular Guy
Momentarily not in a position to do in-person research, what would Gen Z ladies order in a bar? I'm aware of the flavored vodka and tequila drinks that come in a skinny can that seem to be ordered at the popular "nice" bar in town, but I can't recall brands and flavors. "High Noon" bubbled-up in general surfing, but I don't know if it's popular or I just stumbled into something that fit my search.

Other drink preferences would be helpful as well. I do, however, get the impression that Gen Z's aren't big beer drinkers.

There seems to be some disagreement about cut off dates, which also allows me to be a bit obscure about my age, but as someone in the general Millennial / Gen Z ballpark, I used to (and indeed mostly still do) drink wine, champagne if I could get / afford it (the domestic Louis Roederer is lovely). Don’t go to bars so much nowadays, more likely restaurants (wine again).

Back in the day, I used to like lemon drops, but they have been around for longer. Tequila shots also.

I like rum cocktails as well, but tend to make these at home (Mai Tai, 3 Dots and a Dash, Modern Zombie, Jet Pilot etc. many of which date to the original wave of such cocktails).

Not sure how helpful this is.

Emily

Oh… and I never bought skinny drinks. Don’t like the taste / carcinogen profile of the sweeteners and my metabolism seems to not care too much how many calories I consume. Worried I get to say 35 and suddenly balloon.

Emily

I am not a Gen Z woman. I am a Gen X man, and I like the beer. But I do, when I want to feel old, sometimes venture out to the neighborhood bars, and I do see those various seltzer drinks in the hands of women who look like they're not old enough to drink. High Noons are indeed a common one, as are White Claws. I think you're right about Gen Zers not being big beer drinkers, in general.

Oh… and I never bought skinny drinks. Don’t like the taste / carcinogen profile of the sweeteners and my metabolism seems to not care too much how many calories I consume. Worried I get to say 35 and suddenly balloon.

You're smarter than the average bare, Em. 🤣

The first scene with the young ladies I've written has them drinking undescribed cocktails at a hotel bar, though in my mind they'd be in martini glasses. So lemon drops would be about right.

Second scene is a well-stocked home bar setup for frequent entertainment, and the "proprietor" has been stocking-up on beverages for a younger crowd.

White Claws

Ah! That's it! Thank you! That's the brand I've seen suggested and served at the local bar I mentioned. Owner is a late Millennial, and White Claw is what she keeps in the bar fridge.

Last edited:
Back