republican Washington Senator taken into custody in Hong Kong for unlicensed gun in his baggage

butters

High on a Hill
yeah, just another republican politician who thinks laws don't apply to him

Stephen Jeff Wilson, a Republican representing part of western Washington, was taken into custody at Terminal 1 Arrivals Hall of the Hong Kong International Airport after a security screener spotted the gun, according to the Hong Kong-based publication The Standard.

Wilson, 63, did not have a license for the weapon

He was granted bail of HK $20,000, or $2,556 USD, and has a court hearing scheduled for next Monday. The Standard reported that he also had to surrender his travel documents to the government as he awaits his court date

The paper said Wilson “verbally abused” reporters who took pictures of him and his wife leaving court and demanded they delete them.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...1&cvid=2f9b3fef76b14b8bd66d269ec650a6ae&ei=88

Question becomes, how did he get it there? Did it get passed security here?

Again, how the hell did it get it on the plane in 'Frisco?

"According to Wilson’s website, he had discovered the weapon mid-flight between San Francisco and Hong Kong and reported it to customs authorities on landing."

https://apnews.com/article/washingt...-kong-arrest-1d420cf35444b1e7c9673b28d7b8b0e3

Probably got the “good ol boy” big wig treatment at the U.S. airport.

Pathetic.

Also: The fuckhead most likely "drunk packed” and threw a loaded gun in the bag out of habit.

JFC

SAD!!!

Question becomes, how did he get it there? Did it get passed security here?
Supposedly...it got through PDX security. That is an issue.

Shut the fucking airport down immediately. Fire everyone. Start anew. And reopen in a year. That will teach people to do their jobs

If you don't know where your gun is at all times, especially if ever placed in luggage, then you're not a responsible gun owner. Let alone a responsible adult.
Quoted for truth

It may have escaped his notice but China is a totalitarian Communist country. That is why Trump loves it and Xi so much so you'd think he'd know. They don't like the population taking pot-shots at the countryside.

How stupid do you have to be to think that you can travel to any country in the world (apart from the US obviously) with a gun?

It may have escaped his notice but China is a totalitarian Communist country. That is why Trump loves it and Xi so much so you'd think he'd know. They don't like the population taking pot-shots at the countryside.

How stupid do you have to be to think that you can travel to any country in the world (apart from the US obviously) with a gun?

Well, I’m more forgiving towards Wilson. See, what many of you don’t realize is, when your gun is an extension of the tiny thing hanging between your legs, it’s sometimes easy to forget where…

Wonder if he can be charged in the US.
What he did is legal in the US. What can he be charged for? Someone else not doing their job?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Again, how the hell did it get it on the plane in 'Frisco?

"According to Wilson’s website, he had discovered the weapon mid-flight between San Francisco and Hong Kong and reported it to customs authorities on landing."

https://apnews.com/article/washingt...-kong-arrest-1d420cf35444b1e7c9673b28d7b8b0e3
What he did is legal in the US. What can he be charged for? Someone else not doing their job?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
According to the news reports here, TSA just flat missed it. The news organizations also did an additional story and pointed out that DHS does audits on TSA all the time and TSA FAILS more than 60% of them. Let that sink in...60% failure rate.

What he did IS NOT legal in the U.S. To carry a gun onto an airliner you either have to be an air Marshal, or a law enforcement officer with prior approval and the weapon needs to be declared to the airliner crew. Any one else, a gun has to be in a locked case, declared to TSA and shipped with the checked baggage. You CAN NOT, as a citizen carry a weapon on to an airliner, EVER.

Comshaw

What he did IS NOT legal in the U.S. To carry a gun onto an airliner you either have to be an air Marshal, or a law enforcement officer with prior approval and the weapon needs to be declared to the airliner crew. Any one else, a gun has to be in a locked case, declared to TSA and shipped with the checked baggage. You CAN NOT, as a citizen carry a weapon on to an airliner, EVER.

Comshaw

Not true.

The question no one seems to be asking is why a Senator traveled to HK and what passport was he using at the time.

yeah, just another republican politician who thinks laws don't apply to him

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...1&cvid=2f9b3fef76b14b8bd66d269ec650a6ae&ei=88
There is no excuse for ignorance, nor for stupidity. I travel with firearms on a regular basis. You need to know the law as it applies to TSA. You need to know the law at your destination, and if even laying over in some states like NY, you need to know the law there. Like I said, there is no excuse on issues like this. If you are going to carry, know the fucking law. I am a concealed carrier, and I need to know what states my permit is valid in.

A Jewish friend of mine headed for Israel last week. Tried to take both his AR-15 and his Glock with him. Told him TSA wouldn't allow it. They allowed the AR-15, but not the Glock (two firearms), so I had to go down to the airport and retrieve the Glock to put in my gun safe.

A Jewish friend of mine headed for Israel last week. Tried to take both his AR-15 and his Glock with him. Told him TSA wouldn't allow it. They allowed the AR-15, but not the Glock (two firearms), so I had to go down to the airport and retrieve the Glock to put in my gun safe.
It's my understand, that in Israel, unless your a citizen, you can't bring in firearms except for very specific cases, such as sport shooting etc.

Americans can transport guns provided they are unloaded, declared and in their hold luggage. Various airlines have additional restrictions (including IATA) which may be more restrictive. Failure to declare guns in luggage led to 6000+ Americans being cautioned/fined last year. The article does not appear to indicate the nationality of the Carrier but that may be important. Carrying an undeclared gun into Hong Kong, a major part of the Peoples Republic of China indicates that the man is either a certifiable lunatic or a member of the Republican Party.

Back