Rendering video into text story

Indira2023

Virgin
I am not sure if it violates any forum rules but I could not find any conflict.

Is it allowed to post link to an erotic video that might benefit from
rendering it into text story, because, video is a visual and the art of rendering and explaining it in words is much more challenging in many cases, where it might be needed to decipher the sensations talking place on the bodies and minds of the participants. I would not call this particular video X-rated.

You cannot link to external sites from a story. And you need to own the copyright to images to be able to use them in an illustrated story.
explaining it in words is much more challenging in many cases, where it might be needed to decipher the sensations talking place on the bodies and minds of the participants.
Yeah, that's the challenge of writing.

Can I provide the title of story in quotes which will serve as a search string to the video as well as part of the name of the site and indicate its original language which is not english? It is a video in Japanese.

Maybe, some authors can contact me on this topic if they are interested.

Honestly this smacks of plagiarism. Now there is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from another source, but offering a text version of someone else's video that is copyright protected, would be a no-no.

Last edited:
It is the age old dilemma since movies began 100 years ago... why novels are most often better than the movie?

The answer is, because with a novel or story we get to understand what the main characters are thinking, and that internal dialogue is why they do many of the things they do. A good director can show an audience some of that, but all they have to work with is light and darkness, and the skill of the actors and actresses. The written word will always reveal so much more.

Because of that, it is almost impossible to make a movie into a book, although easy to make a novel into a movie.

And THAT without the obvious plagiarism associated with it. It should not be done on many levels.

Honestly this smacks of plagiarism, honestly. Now there is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from another source, but offering a text version of someone else's video that is copyright protected, would be a no-no.
edited by moderator for not playing nice

It is the age old dilemma since movies began 100 years ago... why novels are most often better than the movie?

The answer is, because with a novel or story we get to understand what the main characters are thinking, and that internal dialogue is why they do many of the things they do. A good director can show an audience some of that, but all they have to work with is light and darkness, and the skill of the actors and actresses. The written word will always reveal so much more.

Because of that, it is almost impossible to make a movie into a book, although easy to make a novel into a movie.

And THAT without the obvious plagiarism associated with it. It should not be done on many levels.
@CuttingEdge, Literotica [Self-Styled] Guru · From [Conservative] New Hampshire, Joined Jul 24, 2016
Obviously, if the video could not EXPLICATE the FEELINGS by words from the mouths of the characters, and someone else did the creative work of generating them, then even though they may be related, they are separate efforts for incremental improvement from different starting points to different end points.

Let my comment in color stay - if your FREEDOM of SPEECH is at all GENUINE !!!
Erotica doesn't mean we drown all morals and STANCES against CRIMINAL MAFIAS.
But we play nice, or not at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

The answer is, because with a novel or story we get to understand what the main characters are thinking, and that internal dialogue is why they do many of the things they do. .....
That's part of it, but not the main reason movies from novels are usually disappointing. The main reason is that a movie is not analogous to a novel, it is analogous to a short story. Remember that the definition of a short story is that it can be read at one sitting. That's how movies are consumed usually, as well. For a movie to have as much action, emotion, conflict, background, and everything else as any given novel, it would need to be ten or twenty hours long.

I am not sure if it violates any forum rules but I could not find any conflict.

Is it allowed to post link to an erotic video that might benefit from
rendering it into text story, because, video is a visual and the art of rendering and explaining it in words is much more challenging in many cases, where it might be needed to decipher the sensations talking place on the bodies and minds of the participants. I would not call this particular video X-rated.

For one thing, there is no way to physically provide a live link within a story published on Literatica. You could type in the URL if wanted to, but I'm guessing it would be disallowed. And even if it were allowed, the link would probably go dead before long. Videos, including smutty videos, tend to be quite ephemeral on the internet.

@Rob_Royale with cheese From [Conservative] Idaho, U.S.A., Joined Aug 8, 2022
It smacks to you of plagiarism because of your GUILTY CONSCIENCE. I have interacted with those from the midwest and they are RACIST and CRIMINAL who would SWALLOW ANY LIE if it generates RICHES for them. First get the courage to say that 911 was a FALSE-FLAG !!! You are deservedly GUILTY CONSCIENCE as you have no clear understanding of RIGHT and WRONG - TRUTH and FALSEHOOD - because you are GREEDY LOOTERS of Native Americans, Blacks, now Asia and Middle-East doing GENOCIDE in GAZA. The FBI paid a fine of 5.8 million to Dr Steven Hatfill. You are living in a LAWLESS MAFIA state - because SELF-CONTRADICTORY laws are EQUIVALENT TO LAWLESSNESS as they can Cancel each other at ANY DESIRED POINT - ANY POINT DESIRED by the Powerful MAFIA. SHAME ON YOU !!! Your WICKED NATURE has PERMEATED ALL WALKS of LIFE from 911 to Literature to EROTICA.

@CuttingEdge, Literotica [Self-Styled] Guru · From [Conservative] New Hampshire, Joined Jul 24, 2016
Obviously, if the video could not EXPLICATE the FEELINGS by words from the mouths of the characters, and someone else did the creative work of generating them, then even though they may be related, they are separate efforts for incremental improvement from different starting points to different end points.

Let my comment in color stay - if your FREEDOM of SPEECH is at all GENUINE !!!
Erotica doesn't mean we drown all morals and STANCES against CRIMINAL MAFIAS.

Wow. This made my day. When I woke up this morning I'd never have imagined I would be berated by a nut job on a writing forum.

That's part of it, but not the main reason movies from novels are usually disappointing. The main reason is that a movie is not analogous to a novel, it is analogous to a short story. Remember that the definition of a short story is that it can be read at one sitting. That's how movies are consumed usually, as well. For a movie to have as much action, emotion, conflict, background, and everything else as any given novel, it would need to be ten or twenty hours long.
Very valid point.

I do know when writing screenplays that one page is equal to one minute of movie time.

It is on my bucket list of skills to do, as I think several of my books could be converted to successful movies, and would be good for me to do the conversion myself. I do know that it is not quite that easy. There is a VERY strict regimen for proper screenplays, and as of yet, I just write my novels instead of making them into a potential other media type.

Maybe someday I will broaden my writing skills???

Back