Quitting drinking…

JayT12345

Experienced
Looking for someone to chat with or help with stopping drinking alcohol, I’m just sick of it and the strain it takes on my body, I’m not a raging alcohol but every weekend once Friday is done it’s beer Friday Saturday and recently been Sunday, and every time I say ok I’m done drinking I always go back down the rabbit hole just looking for help or guidance I don’t want to go to AA as I don’t have a serious enough problem but would like to rectify before it gets worse anyone can pm me thanks

Looking for someone to chat with or help with stopping drinking alcohol, I’m just sick of it and the strain it takes on my body, I’m not a raging alcohol but every weekend once Friday is done it’s beer Friday Saturday and recently been Sunday, and every time I say ok I’m done drinking I always go back down the rabbit hole just looking for help or guidance I don’t want to go to AA as I don’t have a serious enough problem but would like to rectify before it gets worse anyone can pm me thanks
Appreciate your desire to remove alcohol from your life. My wife is in fact a raging alcoholic, and as much as I have tried I have had no luck. But seeing your situation seems less dramatic, I would suggest not allowing alcohol in the house. It’s easier to say no once at the store that all night long at home. Also, try to associate all the negative things that come from drinking with each time you crave it. But ultimately it may be bigger than you and you should be open to accepting help through AA. It did wonders for my father-in-law. Accepting that it’s an issue and owning it is a hide step in the right direction. Congratulations on knowing you can have a better life without it.

How in the hell can a person be an alcoholic drinking just beer? Just switch to vodka and you'll be fine. :)

Back