Public sector unions are a threat to democracy

SugarDaddy1

Literotica Guru
Last week, voters in San Francisco passed Proposition F, which requires drug screening and treatment for certain recipients of cash welfare. This passed by a 58.5% to 41.5% margin, with more than 120,000 residents voting in favor. It is a reasonable policy that was voted on and approved directly by San Francisco voters.

A union wants to undo that. The Service Employees International Union Local 1021 is pushing the California Public Employment Relations Board to void Proposition F because it “could put workers who interact with welfare recipients at risk.” The union represents city employees at the Human Services Agency, and evidently, it wants the will of the voters tossed out because angry drug addicts on welfare might become violent and will thus make the policy change an “unfair practice.”

Labor unions and the vise grip they have on the Democratic Party are a threat to the will of voters, even when voters get a chance to vote directly on the issues. Democrats should spare everyone the lectures about how voter ID laws or other benign policies are “threats to democracy” until they clean their own house from the rotten influence that unions have.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...blic-sector-unions-are-a-threat-to-democracy/

Unions aren't a threat to democracy. Wealth inequality is a threat. Supreme Court decisions can be a threat. I happen to agree with the policy of drug testing welfare recipients but there will be more pushback than just a union

Unions aren't a threat to democracy. Wealth inequality is a threat. Supreme Court decisions can be a threat. I happen to agree with the policy of drug testing welfare recipients but there will be more pushback than just a union

Why, it doesn't really accomplish anything but wasting time and money.

Does this refer to the SEIU?

The other entity doesn’t exist.

I thought we weren’t supposed to toss “nazi” slurs around.

So.. unions are Nazi.. I will have to go see how the H man treated them. I’d bet he got their support then turned on them, but I’ll look

I’m back
The Nazi ban on free trade unions not only deprived workers of collective bargaining and representation, it also removed a bastion of democracy and freedom that stood in the way of the Nazis' total control over German society. It was an early step in their rule of terror and antisemitism.

So? Go take some history classes ??
What pisses you off about this particular one??

https://www.hmd.org.uk/resource/2-may-1933-dissolution-of-german-trade-unions/

Forced labor .

How patriotic
Telling them to do the job they're paid to do and providing security to keep them safe is common sense, you and Alex Bailey's bedwetting notwithstanding.

There would need to be some sort of intervention and treatment; not just okay.. no more welfare checks. That wouldn't be productive

There are states that have already implemented programs like this and less than 1% of applicants pop positive. Do I think that is the total number of drug users? No. I think that most drug users can keep it under control for few days so they don't pop positive and then go home right after the test and get high.

This is ultimately just a jobs program. I'm not against the government creating jobs but aren't there perfectly good pot holes that need fixing? At least where I live there is at least one guy who is on the crew but he's just directing travel. Stuff anybody could handle. So if the goal is creating jobs there are better ways. IF the goal is getting people off drugs you're wasting time and resources.

Telling them to do the job they're paid to do and providing security to keep them safe is common sense, you and Alex Bailey's bedwetting notwithstanding.
Yes, forced labor. How patriotic.

Unions are more patriotic than you will ever be

Back