Protect Me (CLOSED)

She sat at the end of her bed staring at the door her fingers playing with the fabric of the robe. With a deep breath she stood, knocking on the door gently before opening it. "S...sir..." She said quietly biting her lip. Stepping into the dim light she felt her hands shaking. "I....forgot my shoes." She said softly.

"Come in" I replied casually after sitting up and stroking my fabric to ensure that everything was in place. Didn't want her to get the feeling I was waiting for her and laying some sort of ambush. I admit I was waiting for her but not to...you know. She was nervous as her voice hesitated. That wasn't like her. She was always brave and straight forward in her presentation, something that has made many men nervous and also green with envy. "Come on in. I've been expecting you" chuckling at the situation to dispelled any worry that might be accumulating.

"Expecting me?" She chuckled as she came in feeling a little more at ease. "I assume you found my shoes." She cooed before moving over to take them from the end of his bed. "S...sir do you need anything before I go to bed?" She asked her fingers running along the side of his bed as she walked towards him. She feared she was the only one feeling that way. Maybe she was crazy. Shaking her head she knew she was crazy. With a deep breath she looked down at the shoes. "If not I'll see you in the morning sir..." She said quietly. Deep down she hoped he would ask her to stay. Hoped he would say something to let her keep him company just a moment longer like this.

I didn't want to see her go, "No...well, yes" making up some thing in the back of my head just to get her to stay. I asked "how do you think the club was knowing that your friends on your detail were watching?" It would seem a bit biased to have your friends guard you while you go on a date of sorts out eating with one of your clients. If the press were around they would have a field day with this thinking that we were together, they would always put their spin on everything either just to make me look bad or just get the press going and to drive up their numbers.

A small smile touched her lips as he spoke. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed she smoothed the robe her eyes on her hands which lay in her lap. "I enjoyed it... It was nice to get out though I don't really call the detail my friends. They are more... acquaintances." She murmured looking to him. "What about you? Are you worried that someone saw us... The last thing I want is things becoming harder for you." Her hands timidly reached out, brushing against his before pulling back shyly.

Waving a hand "Bah, don't worry about it. The press always like to vilify or twist everything I see and do regardless. Though I would hate to see you get caught up in it, I'm afraid to goes with the territory." Looking up at her and smiling I moved towards the foot of the bed and sat down about an arm's length away and let out a low sigh. "No friends? That's not a real way to go" but we had ready talked about that. No sense in digging that back up. "What will you do tomorrow?"

She let out a soft sigh with him before shaking her head. "Sir... you know what I will do tomorrow. I'll get dressed as I always do, I'll wake you up at six thirty and we will go through the schedule... same old routine." She murmured. 'As if nothing happened. As if... tonight...." She looked down at her hands a small smile on her face. "Was nothing more than a perfect dream." With a small inhale she glanced back up at him. "Pick up right were we left off." Glancing towards her door she felt her heart constrict. Could she truly go back to being just his body guard? After a night filled with smiles and laughter. "Sir..." She shook her head with a small chuckle. "I guess I really should go... Ballou will be running his scans shortly." She murmured.

"Yes. Yes" I lowered my head in disappointment. Ballou, always diligent in his work. "Perhaps" I said, clearing my throat, "Perhaps on your birthday...we can be able to schedule something a bit more 'lively' than the 'same ol' thing' for you" giving her a smirk as I looked at her one more time then stood up. I didn't want her to leave, but she had to go before Ballou came.

"I will...see you in the morning then" I said flashing my pearl white teeth

A sad smile touched her lips as she stood with him. "I...I'd like that." She said quietly her eyes lowering to her feet. "Maybe we could go dancing again?" Her voice was barely a whisper. "And sir..." She said quietly raising her eyes to meet his. "Next time...maybe...it could just be the two of us." A blush was slowly spreading along her face, her eyes shimmering in the low light.

"In the morning...." She murmured with a small smile of her own. Standing on her toes she kissed the side of his mouth before pulling back. Walking to her door she glanced back at him. "Goodnight sir.." She whispered. Her shoes still sat at the end of his bed. It had never been in intention to get them. All she wanted was a few more minutes at his side.

My cheeks blushed red, "Goodnight" I waved as she slid the door shut. Damn shame that she had to go at alone. Going to the top of the bed I threw back the covers and slide inside the warm confines before grasping the phone I entered the data into my phone to remind me of this so I could make plans, just the two of us before putting the phone back on the night stand and flopped on the pillow and began to drifting to sleep.

With a deep breath she stepped into the room, her hair pulled tightly into a bun and her clothes pressed as always. Carefully she pulled back the blinds before touching his shoulder gently. "Time to wake sir..." She said softly her eyes on him. She could still smell his cologne from the night before on her skin even after he shower. It had been a long, restless night for her. Her mind had wandered to places it should have never been. With a simple tug of the sheets she cooed for him to get up. Turning she moved to the bathroom, beginning the shower before taking her usual seat in the corner though this time she didn't open a book. Instead she stared down at her phone looking over the schedule once more. It would be a simple day thankfully. She had managed to make a day that was filled with only three events, each an easy meeting with representatives before they headed back to the hotel. No airplane hopping today.

Throwing back the covers I sat up rubbing the sleep from my eyes as the warm rays of the sun splashed over me. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust but when I saw her sitting over there in her usual spot, now clad in her fine pressed uniform and tied up hair my heart sank a bit as she was back in her element, "Good morning, Theresa" throwing my legs over the edge of the bed, standing up and stretching before heading to the bathroom. Along the way I passed her, her face down and looking at the small glowing monitor of her cell phone. "What's on the agenda for today and how did you sleep?" I asked as I took up a towel and stepped inside to clean myself. The shower smelled...different. It wasn't funky but there was a different aroma in the air after she had bathed in it.

Tessa glanced up at him her heart seeming to stop as her breath caught in her chest. He looked so handsome as he stood from his bed. She had to clear her mind before speaking. "An easy agenda today sir. One more opening and then a meeting with the ambassador for a small Spanish country. After that the day is free." She cooed before thinking about the night before. "I slept well and yourself?" It was lie. She hadn't slept a wink, instead she had spent the night thinking about everything that she had done wrong that night. Where she should have smiled more, where she should have made him laugh. Taking a deep breath she glanced back down at the phone before dropping it into her lap. He was getting a shower and she had a few minutes before they had to meet the team. She turned, crossing one leg over the other and resting her chin in her hand she stared out the window to the rising sun.

When I went into the shower and turned on the hot water I wanted to be thorough and clean up everything. Wanted to appear good for the ambassador. With all of the countries in the world, they always wanted the best and it was taxing in so many ways. When I finished I stepped out and looked myself in the mirror, placing a hand on the glass and whipping away the condonsation. A good shave and some deodorant and I slipped into some slacks before stepping out and presenting myself to her.

The air was cold on my body as I stepped out that I shivered and when I did, Theresa was looking at the rising sun above the horizon. It was a brilliant show that I actually paused and watched for a moment, throwing the towel over my shoulder.

Hearing him exit she turned to look at him her eyes bright. With a small smile she stood, taking her phone in her hand as she did so. Carefully she straightened her jacket before moving towards him. "Ballou and the others are waiting for us in the dinning room sir." She said and smiled. "Your tie..." She murmured carefully reaching up to straighten it though as her fingers graced the silk she pulled away her cheeks flaring pink. "Um... your tie is crooked sir.." She murmured as she turned towards the door. 'Are you ready?" She asked her eyes on the doorknob as she took it in her hand.

"Thank you, Theresa" wanting to say 'Tessa' but there would be Ballou or the others. "Let's be off then" checking my cufflinks and my shoes to ensure that everything was in place before running a comb through the hair. As we stepped out Ballou was there waiting with his traditional sunglasses and looked at the somewhat tired appearance of Theresa and wanted to point out the obvious, however, knew that he would receive a sharp report from her on that so he kept his mouth shut on that.

Tessa glanced to Ballou sending a warning look in his direction before walking on with a short good morning. With a small sigh she continued on. "The opening will be very packed this time. I was everyone on their toes." She murmured as she spoke with Ballou. "I will need two more of our men up top and two more in the pack. I can't risk having bare bones today." She said coolly before entering and pulling out the chair for him. "You'll be between Ballou and myself today. It's going to be very busy and I don't want to take any chances." She murmured before taking her own seat at the other end of the table. It wasn't the first time she was working without sleep and it wouldn't be the last. She had applied a little makeup to hide the circles under her eyes but she couldn't hide the look on her face. Carefully she nibbled at her breakfast as it came out.

"Very well. I hope to speak with the ambassador in person, before anything is revealed before the press and we do our photo op" I said as my plate of eggs and bacon was placed before me and I started to eat slowly, "Just hope that they don't mind that i'm still rusty on my Spanish," noting that since it was a South American Spanish country, their dialect would be different than the Spanish spoken of in Mexico. That was troubling me more than anything else, that I would speak out of line with these people and trouble our relations even more than last night. I wanted to keep thinking on what happened last night, but I couldn't afford to do so, I had to keep myself in the here and now.

"Do not worry of such thinks. I've scheduled a translator to mediate for you and the ambassador. He does not speak English well and I know you have not spoken Southern Spanish since we were there last and that has been quite a while." She said softly as she picked at her oatmeal. "I figured it would be easier and would cause less confusion." Pushing her oatmeal away she glance at Ballou. "Will the Limo be arriving on time?" She asked placing her napkin down and looking to her boss. That's what he was now. The night before he was her first friend in quite a while but now he had to be her boss. It was the way it had to be, no question about it.

I noticed that she was picking at her oatmeal much like a bitter child at the dinner table, wanting to say something, something was on her mind but couldn't say anything and with that couldn't stomach food, "How is your breakfast?" I asked across the table at her, lightly calling her out. I could have taken a guess at what was on her mind, it was bothering me as well, but I had a lot at stake, she also had a lot at stake, but that would have to be something to be dealt with later tonight, if possible.

Ballou nodded and looked at his watch, "Should be pulling up there any minute" before sending a message down to the couple of folks watching the front door. It led me to wonder at times what these men could be doing if they weren't watching my back.

Her eyes rose to meet his, her body seeming to perk up as he spoke to her. "Good...Just as every morning." She said taking a small bite to prove her point before glancing to Ballou. "Wonderful. Everything is on task today." She said before glancing to his empty plate. "Ready?" She asked pushing her own food away. Carefully she stood, pushing her chair in before coming to his side. She ignored Ballou as she smiled. "Easy day. We have a grand opening first." She was nervous about the opening. Threats had already been sent from the people of the country. They didn't want the embassy there and they were going to make a point to show it. She only hoped that it would come later, once they were gone and far from their reach. With a deep breath she opened the door to the limo her eyes distant. They were scanning her men before she looked to him. "Off we go." She smiled softly to him hoping to ease what seemed like an ocean rift between them. She wondered if she had screwed up last night. Had he expecting something different? Something more personal? With another inhale she shook the thoughts from her mind.

The ride over was rather quiet and tense. I glanced out the tinted window as all of the towering buildings going by, the people walking to and thro abou their duties. Many times I wished I was just a regular person than some representative, a lot less restrictions on my personal life. Looking over at her I smiled and kept my hands on my knees. I couldn't bring up anything, not with the others around, but I did ask, "This evening, what will you be doing after we're done with all of this?" trying to keep a personal conversation going because the stillness inside the limo was making me crazy. I hated silence.

Her mind was whirling as she stared at the small screen of her phone. She had been staring at the same message for over five minutes. Had she done something wrong? Maybe he had realized after she went to bed that she wasn't exactly the most interesting company. Her fingers ran over the small piece of plastic. She could feel the stillness in the air along with the steady breaths he was taking. His words almost made her jump. Looking up at him she timidly returned his smile. "This evening?" She murmured before glancing down at the schedule she had been staring at for the last five minutes. It was empty after three o'clock. "M...most likely the same thing I do ever free night." She said quietly. "Curl up with my books I suppose, unless you would like me to schedule another outing. " Glancing towards the sound proof glass she felt herself become uneasy. "I could arrange for someone to meet you... allow you a quiet night with a nice girl. I'm sure Ballou knows of some good women. I could schedule a date night or even just an outing to a favorite spot. We are going to be heading to Spain tomorrow.. I could try and find you a class in salsa you were talking about last night." She felt as if she was talking into a cloud. Was she really trying to schedule him something with another woman? Is that what it would come down to one day? Sitting in the background while he lived a life with a beautiful woman and had a family. 'What ever you like sir... I'll make it happen." Her lips turned up into a serene smile. She realized that she was ok with that. She would rather be in the background of his life than be without him. She could live a life without a spouse or a family is she was in his life somehow. Maybe that was her purpose in life. Maybe she was meant to guard this man, a man that brought peace to a world otherwise surrounded by chaos.

Taking a deep breath she touched her earpiece. "Status please Ballou." She called gently. She knew they had to be close, she could feel herself becoming restless. She was still nervous about this opening. She feared the worse would happen. She had grabbed an extra round which she had slid into her inside jacket pocket along with her trusted hand gun. If anything were to happen she was determined he wouldn't be in the midst of it.

"Oh no" I smiled and held up a hand, "I wouldn't like going out with a stranger." Ballou might have known other women, but perhaps what he thought was 'good women' were high class...professional women, and that wouldn't look good for my persona, maybe if I was back in college that would have been a different story. "Perhaps we..as you in and myself, can have a night in. We can have a quiet dinner at my place, perhaps" flashing a smile. She was nervous. Looking at her face her mind appeared to be running a mile a minute, but she was trying to keep so many stuff to keep herself on track.

"Something on your mind?" I asked.

By about that time I could see more and more people on the sidewalk and when they saw the black limo they began chanting and roaring. Oh dear. That didn't look good.

Looking up at him she blushed slightly before chuckling. "That...would be nice sir but are you sure you want another night with me?" She asked as she watched him smile. The simple action made her smile as well. "I'd enjoy a dinner in.... maybe a movie." She grinned before realizing how it sounded. "I mean...." She bit her lip shyly as she thought about his question. "No...just...." Her thoughts stopped and her facial expressions changed for the worse as she glanced out the window. Her eyes widened and she eased forward in her seat. Scanning the crowd she gripped the seat tightly.

"Sir." She said softly her eyes moving to him with a seriousness she had only used once before. "Stay close, stay low, and do not leave my side." She said quietly. "That's an order." Carefully moving she knelt in front of him, her hand touching his knee. "And if I tell you to get to the limo.... Do not worry about me." She said softly as the limo came to stop. "Come sir..." She murmured before stepping out onto the cement of the sidewalk.

She could feel Ballou beside her. "If anything happens. You are to leave me and get him out of here." She said her eyes scanning the screaming crowd and protesters. "Eyes in the sky. Keep watch." She murmured into her earpiece. She stood at his side as she led him in, her eyes scanning the crowd. She stopped, her hand taking his arm as a bottle was thrown into their path, shattering before them.

They were almost there. The door was in sight, she could feel the handle in her hand when the worse noise she could think of rang out. Quickly she turned grabbing him and pushing him to the ground. She didn't say a word as her hand cupped the back of his head to break the fall and he body covered his. Straddling him carefully she looked down at him. "Ballou! Get the limo! NOW! Eyes in the sky locate target! Give me cover!" She screamed into her earpiece as she looked around. She could see people scattering as more shots were fired. Quickly she grabbing the gun from behind her back and got up looking around as she tried to find the target. Turning back again she took his hand helping him up. 'We've got to get you out of here." She said urging him to the Limo. "Get in Sir." She said turning her back to the limo and aiming her gun towards the roof. "Ballou get him to safety lock down the hotel I'll follow." She growled.

Back