Pending Story Submission

mmarfox

Really Really Experienced
Hey all, I have a general question. I submitted my first story two days ago but it’s still pending approval from an admin. Can anyone shed light on how long it usually takes for a story to be approved? Again, it’s my first submission, so maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks in advance for your help.

It could be a week or more, especially for a first-timer.

I’ve got a submission that was put in ten days ago, that I’m still waiting for. Although it did get sent back for a rules violation.

Even when you've settle down to be a regular prolific submitter, it will be at least two days before your stories will post, although themed contest entries could take less time.

Ok, so just be patient since it’ll probably take a few days at least. Is this because an admin or someone needs to actually read it to ensure there are no rules violations?

I don’t envy their jobs then since that must be overwhelming to read all those submissions. Thank you all for the insight

I don’t envy their jobs then since that must be overwhelming to read all those submissions. Thank you all for the insight
Even more, the job of approving submissions is not a "their" job. There is only one submissions editor. Laurel.

Back