Operation: Vengence (Closed)

Flick

Flick didn't want to even think about what could transpire if soldiers wouldn't let them try as easily as they did. At least the road they were on finally was an actual road and that mean she could set up the laptop more or less normally.

She had hold back another snide comment about the triviality of the task J. had given her, but after looking at it she had to admit the road network didn't make sense. Well, it obviously made perfect sense for the local farmers, but if major highways to be excluded as J. wanted, even if it probably was unnecessary cautious, but whatever, the road network deteriorated into barely connected branches, disjointed path fragments of unknown quality. Perhaps exactly because of that it might indeed made sense to avoid highways, if the country was on high alert and looking for them as it seemed. However, the ground looked mostly solid, and their vehicles didn't require much of a road at all, if need be, so the only real issue was speed.

She was done quickly and gathering data about several properties indicated as their possible targets when a message popped up:

R3B1XX: hey did u fall out of your plane
R3DH3ll1A: something like that yes
R3B1XX: a bit strange idea for holidays
R3DH3ll1A: might say so
R3B1XX: anyway, there's the thing. Transfering data. Bird will be in position in less than 7 hours, every 14 hours then. Time to calibrate and all. Funny, some amateurs had played with it and failed to clean up. Put our puppy's noise to that trail, he may find it entertaining.
R3DH3ll1A: got it
R3B1XX: great feel free to call if anything

Entertaining satellite log files? Of course Flick had to look at that. History of small course adjustments and regular deep scanning wasn't all that interesting, and there was nothing about what they had seen. Working back through a network of proxies indicated Warsaw University of Technology as the first node, but it could go further from there. Still, some Warsaw students using abandoned russian satellite for training scans of Baltic sea area, kind of made sense.

"Any ideas how everyone got forewarned about our arrival?" Johnny asked Codi and all the others, "I mean, I don't know where their base is, and those Tiunas may be quite fast on the highway perhaps, but still."

The spec op PTT radios the team was using were encrypted, ultra-wide spread spectrum, frequency hopping, almost impossible to intercept and direction find on. Nevertheless, Codi only transmitted on them when needed. Wild Dog’s question was important and needed to be discussed.

Codi sighed “Fuck if I know. I have been so unlucky on my ops I just figured those fighters were on routine patrol and saw us. But that seem unlikely…”

APC jumped into the discussion “Too unlikely. The border to Columbia was only a few miles away. No… They knew we were coming. Someone tipped them off. And Wild Dog is right about the check point. Too quick. We were set up. There must be a mole inside SOCOM HQ.”

“Or NATO” Codi suggested thinking about the Brit doc and Wild Dog.

“This Ops run out of SOCOM HQ. When you changed the insertion point… the mole reported it and the bad guys scrambled to intercept. Actually, Hot Thunder, you probably saved all our lives. The welcoming party at the sea insertion point would have been much worse.” APC suggested.

“Ok… Team Seppuku, you heard the spook. You all owe me big time!! I’m expecting it in sexual favors, that includes you two as well, Baby Driver and Flic! Women are great at eating pussy!” Codi said laughing.

“Hot Thunder… you realize having sex with the men and women in your command under cuts your command authority” APC pointed out.

“Or due to the shared experience and intense emotions… sex enhances my command.” Codi replied.

“You can’t be serious?” APC said in disbelief

“I can… and when we find a nice bed… I’ll show you” Codi answered defiantly

“Getting back to the subject. If there is a mole at SOCOM HQ we have a big problem.” APC stated

“It just means we’ll be completely on our own… and we’ll need to be careful about what we report to HQ” Codi replied as if it was no big deal.

“What about our in-country contact?” APC asked.

“I guess we’ll need to find out if he is on our side. Torture works best” She joked, but then got more serious. “Come to think about it, HQ knew about our meeting location. The El Eden might be a trap. We’ll need to be careful on our approach.” Codi stated.

Flic spoke up "We are exiting the mountains going north, and will be entering Maracaibo soon. I think there are some barns along the way, in the countryside around La Paz. We can drop off these workers there before they are caught in a cross fire."

"Great" Codi replied.

An rustic and unoccupied barn appeared after 20 minutes later. When the caravan stopped, Codi got out of her jeep and talked to both truck drivers. She told them "we'll be back in 24 hours. If we do not show up, you are free to go and the cargo is yours." Then she got back into the jeep.

The two jeeps entered the city heading for El Eden.

“It just means we’ll be completely on our own… and we’ll need to be careful about what we report to HQ” Codi replied as if it was no big deal.

“What about our in-country contact?” APC asked.

“I guess we’ll need to find out if he is on our side. Torture works best” She joked, but then got more serious. “Come to think about it, HQ knew about our meeting location. The El Eden might be a trap. We’ll need to be careful on our approach.” Codi stated.

"Indeed," Johnny agreed. "It's just that I got gut feeling this mission may have another set of strategic objectives not communicated with us. Exposing said mole might as well be one, even worth trowing us in such an open cards game as it seems to be."

They dropped off the workers as planned. It was good location, believable enough as quick stay base for a rogue group of mercenaries. Johnny didn't knew how much actual value the cargo might have and was there ways for the workers to sell it independently, but he was not expecting them to wait significantly longer, than just for their captors to leave out sight for sure, anyway. However, even if they went straight back to their previous employer, they will likely forced to go into hiding, one way or another implicit in theft and assuming gang war had started, and that was all he wanted.

City premises they entered without events. As expected so late in the night, streets were mostly empty. No way to really say, Johnny thought, but seemed there was no special police activity in the city either. He spot a badly lit parking lot few blocks from their target, and pulled to the side there.

"Okay, I would have circled the block, but afraid we may look too much lake an unit as we are. I think it's time to regroup again, and look around."

"For that there are better ways," Johnny said, quickly unpacking his mini-drones. And I hope there will be chance to recharge, he thought, releasing them in the night sky.

"If they're indeed waiting for us I would expect the trap to be inside," APC commented.

"Yes, given their main problem is to identify us, but doesn't hurt to quickly scan rooftops, just in case. And those are practically noiseless, and as safe as our PTTs com wise. I won't claim I could land one on Putin's desk in Kremlin," he joked, "but the're good." The last was intended mostly to answer Flick's concerned gaze. "You receive?"

"Yes," SwipeRight confirmed, checking image on her screen.

Meanwhile Jonny transfered his MP7 holster to armpit and put a loose hawaii shirt over, leaving it partially unbuttoned.

Sean Hastings

Watched behind the beaded curtain as Enrique Perez, the leader of the guerrilla fighters, and his men armed themselves. Then he whispered to Carmen again and she pointed to the beaded curtain.

“Crap…. Where are those spec ops guys! They should be here by now.” Sean grumbled as he headed back up the stairs. He did not want to talk to the guerrilla leader. No telling what could go wrong with an armed, nervous, rebel.

Spec Op Team

“Bad guys on that roof top and the other one over there.” Flick said as she pointed to the sniper locations. “There are also 2 men watching the alley and 4 watching the front door.”

“Awesome” Hot Thunder said in excitement. “Let’s do this commando style, nice and quiet. Baby driver… you got that roof guy.” Codi pointed “APC, you get the other one. Wild Dog and I’ll will take the pricks in the back alley. Flick and Doc stay here as ready reserve force. APC and Baby Driver help clear the front if we need it.” She ordered.

“Ahh… when you said take the pricks in the back alley… you were not suggesting anal sex… right?” APC asked.

“I guess Wild Dog and I’ll will make that call when we see how good looking they are” Codi joked back.

Wild Dog Johnny

“Bad guys on that roof top and the other one over there.” Flick said as she pointed to the sniper locations. “There are also 2 men watching the alley and 4 watching the front door.”

"That one on the roof not even really try to hide," Johnny commented, "How their positions are, they are just covering the exits. I'm a bit surprised that's all, after what we have seen already. That is, if they're really after us... However, we certainly don't want to go in there past them there anyway."

“Awesome” Hot Thunder said in excitement. “Let’s do this commando style, nice and quiet. Baby driver… you got that roof guy.” Codi pointed “APC, you get the other one. Wild Dog and I’ll will take the pricks in the back alley. Flick and Doc stay here as ready reserve force. APC and Baby Driver help clear the front if we need it.” She ordered.

“Ahh… when you said take the pricks in the back alley… you were not suggesting anal sex… right?” APC asked.

“I guess Wild Dog and I’ll will make that call when we see how good looking they are” Codi joked back.

Johnny would rather be on the roof himself, doing the job nice and clean from the distance with his own sniper rifle, but there wasn't anything wrong with orders worth to oppose commander right away. Even more importantly, he wanted to see their in-country contact as soon as possible, and preferably before they are recognized. Thus he had to be on the front.

"I don't know about sex with them, but we, girlfriend," Johnny unceremoniously wrapped his hand around Codi's waist, "could pretend to be just a quite too much drunk couple, walk straight up to them and nicely ask could they share a smoke. Then, we just don't like whatever they do," he winked.

“I love the plan!” Codi replied. “Leet’s gooo…” She said in a drunken slur to Johnny. The two staggered out of the bar, Johnny’s arm still around her waist. The two headed for the alley… Codi giggling and hugging Johnny back. Both were good actors, because the few people on the street they passed really thought they were pretty drunk.

They turned the corner and entered the alley. Codi saw the two guards right away, they were not hiding, but they were also not close to each other. The one nearest to Johnny was smoking, the other was not. They would need to separate to get them both at the same time. The one farthest away was a big guy. It reminded Codi why she preferred to kill people at a distance with her sniper rifle. It was clean and quick. This close quarter combat with knifes was the kind of killing that gave you nightmares later… also based upon the size of her opponent, she might lose.

As they got close Codi gasped “Quit grabbing my boobs!” She said to Johnny with a laugh and she spun away from him. This caused her to stagger to the wall for support. She was facing the wall and she could feel the pounding beat of the music in the club. Johnny was laughing… he said something in Spanish. The guy near him laughed to and called her a worthless “cunt”.

Codi ignored the comment and jammed her hands into the pockets of her farm worker’s clothing. Her hand wrapped around the knife hidden there. A massive hand grabbed her shoulder and spun her away from the wall.

“Hey, I want to feel those tits too” The big guy demanded. Codi looked up into the man’s face. His eyes were mean. He wanted to rape her. “Get ready for some FUCKING” the man grunted.

Codi shook off the man’s hand and drew herself up to her full height, which still left her staring at the middle of his chest. She looked up to his face and met his stare with her own. “No” she said clearly.

He grabbed both her shoulders and pushed her against the wall. “YOU DON’T GET A CHOICE” He yelled. “Yes, I do” Codi whispered back and pulled out the knife and plunged it into his gut. The man was shocked and bent over with a grunt. Codi quickly pulled the knife out of his gut and now that she could more easily reach his throat, slammed the knife in. No way he could scream with a blocked windpipe. He gurgled and spurred but was dead in a minute. Luckily, she would not have nightmare from killing him, she hated rapist.

Johnny had taken down the other man as well.

“Sorry about his yell. He wanted to rape me.” Codi told Johnny as they both went in the alley door to the club. Once inside they almost collide with Enrique Perez, the leader of the guerrilla fighters!

Back