Obscuration

Absolute axiomatic truth

http://forums.philosophyforums.com/threads/absolute-truths-exist-46527.html

To establish that a truth exists. You cannot argue against absolute truth unless an absolute truth is the basis of your argument. Consider a few of the classic arguments and declarations made by those who seek to argue against the existence of absolute truth… 'There are no absolutes.' First of all, the relativist is declaring there are absolutely no absolutes. That is an absolute statement. The statement is logically contradictory. If the statement is true, there is, in fact, an absolute - there are absolutely no absolutes."[/fullfont]

Source: http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/absolute-truth.htm[/fullfont][/fullfont][/fullfont]

Why not bring a little class to this joint?

amicus veritas..... even that has a meaning....as all things dol.

i really like the word deliquesce. deliquescence, deliquescent, deliquescing....
it is a lovely word to hear, speak and read. sibilant.

a. To melt away.
b. To disappear as if by melting.
2. Chemistry To dissolve and become liquid by absorbing moisture from the air.
3. Botany
a. To branch out into numerous subdivisions that lack a main axis, as the stem of an elm.
b. To become fluid or soft on maturing, as certain fungi.

parlance /ˈpärləns/

Noun:
A particular way of speaking or using words, esp. a way common to those with a particular job or interest.

What's ours? Do we have one?

Ineptocracy

— a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Kakistocracy

— government by the worst persons;
a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

Idiosyncratic - a way of behaving, thinking, or feeling that is peculiar to an individual or group, especially an odd or unusual one

Callipygean - Having a well shaped buttocks.

Dactylion - The tip of the middle finger.

Pyknic - Short and fat.

Skoptsy - The act of self castration.

Basorexia - An overwhelming desire to neck or kiss.

Viraginity - Masculine qualities in a woman.

Tarantism - Overcoming melancholy by means of dancing.

Jentacular - Pertaining to breakfast.

Gongoozler - An idle spectator.

parlance /ˈpärləns/

Noun:
A particular way of speaking or using words, esp. a way common to those with a particular job or interest.

What's ours? Do we have one?

In the parlance of our times... This word just makes me think of the Dude.

Callipygean - Having a well shaped buttocks.

Dactylion - The tip of the middle finger.

Pyknic - Short and fat.

Skoptsy - The act of self castration.

Basorexia - An overwhelming desire to neck or kiss.

Steatopygian -- Having a fat buttocks (Baby's got back!)

patchouli • n., a heavy perfume made from the fragrant essential oil of a southeast Asian mint (Pogostemon cablin); also: the plant itself.

Not only did I not know the word's meaning, I'd never seen it before I stumbled across it in Graham Robb's Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris.

orthorexia • n., an unhealthy obsession with eating healthy food.

noetic • adj., of, relating to, originating in, or apprehended by the intellect.

Thank you
Please
Excuse me
Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

Back