North Korea missile falls into the sea

At least they have their recent success at the Olympics to be happy about.
Taking all the gold medals in everything is quite the achievement.

The joke really is that there are people on the planet (mostly Americans) who actually believe that this is an accurate description of another people.

You don't want to call your racism racism.

But it's clearly what it is.

The joke was that after every Olympics, North Korean state television announces that they won all the gold medals in every event. Same as how they win the World Cup every time.

You kind of overshadowed a joke worthy of a smirk with your overwhelming stupidity though.
That gave people a good laugh.

In the old USSR pretty much everyone knew they were being fed propaganda.

In America hardly anybody knows they're being fed propaganda.

The joke was that after every Olympics, North Korean state television announces that they won all the gold medals in every event. Same as how they win the World Cup every time.

You kind of overshadowed a joke worthy of a smirk with your overwhelming stupidity though.

Yea it did. :D

Do you actually believe that?

Yeah, because it's true.
Just like how they build monuments to victories in wars that never happened.
It's all on their own website.

American media has convinced you of that, no doubt.

What is wrong with you people?

How can you be so gullible?

American media has convinced you of that, no doubt.

What is wrong with you people?

How can you be so gullible?

How has American media convinced me of that?
It's a North Korean website written by the North Korean government.
It has nothing to do with America outside the fact they mention several times how they've defeated the United States in many wars.

How has American media convinced me of that?
It's a North Korean website written by the North Korean government.
It has nothing to do with America outside the fact they mention several times how they've defeated the United States in many wars.

You can't seriously believe that. It's an American web site FFS.

Given how open the North Korean government are about it being their official website, yes I can.

If you believe that, you're an utter fool.

But I'm done with you.

Either way, you're a rancid racist.

I have been to North Korea - my curiosity got the better of me.

I have traveled over most of the world in the past thirty years and North Korea is in my opinion the most depressingly awful, dangerous country I have ever been to. It is worse, far worse than depicted in the media.

98% of the people are 4 to 6 inches shorter than the South Koreans - a lifetime of malnutrition. The President is the only fat man in the country, but no-one jokes about it. Not for long anyway.

The military junta controls every tiny detail of life. 'Security' is an obsession with watchers watching the watchers everywhere. The tour guide always has a security man watching him or her, and that guide is changed every day or so. Paranoia reigns.

The guides feed tourists 'Stalinist' style propaganda from the moment you arrive until you leave.

The "Dear Leader" seeks to blackmail the US, Japan, and South Korea by constantly baiting them.

The best hope is that the Chinese get sick of the North Korean 'monarchy' before Japan or the USA does.

And for the record, I have also been to Iran and Cuba. There is much that is objectionable about those countries, but at least their leaderships are comparatively stable.

I have traveled over most of the world in the past thirty years and North Korea is in my opinion the most depressingly awful, dangerous country I have ever been to. It is worse, far worse than depicted in the media.

98% of the people are 4 to 6 inches shorter than the South Koreans - a lifetime of malnutrition. The President is the only fat man in the country, but no-one jokes about it. Not for long anyway.

The military junta controls every tiny detail of life. 'Security' is an obsession with watchers watching the watchers everywhere. The tour guide always has a security man watching him or her, and that guide is changed every day or so. Paranoia reigns.

The guides feed tourists 'Stalinist' style propaganda from the moment you arrive until you leave.

The "Dear Leader" seeks to blackmail the US, Japan, and South Korea by constantly baiting them.

The best hope is that the Chinese get sick of the North Korean 'monarchy' before Japan or the USA does.

And for the record, I have also been to Iran and Cuba. There is much that is objectionable about those countries, but at least their leaderships are comparatively stable.

Iran and Cuba have very cheap cinema tickets for international releases.

The NORKs have very good reason to be paranoid.

The Yanks killed about 20% to 25% of their population, have been nothing but belligerent ever since and refused to normalise relations.

Do you have any kind of proof of that percentage? It seems too high to me. I do know that North Korea did suffer heavy losses during their invasion of the South, but most of them were inflicted by the ROK in defending themselves against the attack. NK is still almost constantly rattling the sabers, even though they can't even take care of themselves.

Do you have any kind of proof of that percentage? It seems too high to me. I do know that North Korea did suffer heavy losses during their invasion of the South, but most of them were inflicted by the ROK in defending themselves against the attack. NK is still almost constantly rattling the sabers, even though they can't even take care of themselves.

You can't be serious.

I have colleagues who have been to NK and they report a very different picture.

Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post

You can't be serious.

No. I'm really curious. Here is a brief history of the war, including losses, but these are totals, rather than percentages, and they may not be reliable for China and N. Korea. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

If nothing else, Underguy was being sloppy in his attribution of deaths in North Korea to the "Yanks" only. It's irrelevant anyway. The Americans didn't have to be responsible for all deaths in North Korea for the North Koreans to hate them for the war (which the North Koreans initiated).

If you believe that, you're an utter fool.

But I'm done with you.

Either way, you're a rancid racist.

I was stationed in South Korea from 1973-74 and went to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) between North and South Korea a few times. Once a tour bus fill of sightseeing GIs pulled up to the entrance where a North Korean MP,a South Korean MP and an American MP stood guard. One GI leaned out of the open window of the bus to take a photo of the North Korean and accidentally dropped his camera. The next day the North Korean government lodged a formal compliant with the UN stating that American GIs were throwing cameras at the North Korean MPs.After this no cameras were allowed on any bus going to the DMZ.

Back