No, Texas won't remove trans kids from their homes and jail their parents

stickygirl

All the witches
A fake directive was issued by the governor of Texas in Feb 2022, based on an opinion piece written by the attorney general of Texas, Ken Paxton that actually contradicts the governor's directive. The opinion was seized on by the governor as fact - a move that of course the GOP makes every day. Say something often enough, loud enough and people accept it as truth.

The governor's demand is that "that all schools and licensed mental, medical, and social service providers must aid him in reporting trans children to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) and that such reports be viewed by DFPS as child abuse." This is a falsehood because it has no basis in law. Medical care for trans kids in Texas is entirely legal and governor is lying... again. His name is Greg Abbott.

In the opinion piece the governor referred it states "This opinion does not address or apply to medically necessary procedures" that would include trans kids under the supervision of medical services.

PSA The attorney general of Texas is facing
three felony charges to securities fraud, charges made in 2015 that for some reason have not yet been brought to court.

Last edited:
In the opinion piece the governor referred it states "This opinion does not address or apply to medically necessary procedures" that would included trans kids under the supervision of medical services.
I suspect the only "medically necessary procedures" Abbott recognises in this context are the ones done to intersex kids without their consent. The same folk who profess to be all about protecting kids from irreversible treatments are all about inflicting irreversible treatments on intersex people.

A fake directive was issued by the governor of Texas in Feb 2022, based on an opinion piece written by the attorney general of Texas, Ken Paxton that actually contradicts the governor's directive. The opinion was seized on by the governor as fact - a move that of course the GOP makes every day. Say something often enough, loud enough and people accept it as truth.

The governor's demand is that "that all schools and licensed mental, medical, and social service providers must aid him in reporting trans children to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) and that such reports be viewed by DFPS as child abuse." This is a falsehood because it has no basis in law. Medical care for trans kids in Texas is entirely legal and governor is lying... again. His name is Greg Abbott.

In the opinion piece the governor referred it states "This opinion does not address or apply to medically necessary procedures" that would include trans kids under the supervision of medical services.

PSA The attorney general of Texas is facing
three felony charges to securities fraud, charges made in 2015 that for some reason have not yet been brought to court.
so glad to hear that. before my husband became sooo bad ( parkinsons) we had talked of foster care for lgbtq kids we felt they needed a safe and caring place

Well... it's good that its fake but only underlines the problems the GOP put up for anyone that doesn't fit their eugenics plan :(

In the upcoming election Texas will overwhelmingly vote to re-elect Abbott and his agenda of hate. My entire extended family is looking for a new place to live because we have had it with this place. In the meantime please do not visit Texas and do not buy Texas products. It is one of the centers of evil in this country.

Texas violating its own constitution is not a surprise to me. And trans people are a people that do not currently have fundamental rights across the board here. Here is an update.

Families were fearing for their lives, being asked to testify in court but refusing out of fear for appearing in public as a parent of a trans child (with said child, pictured and discussed here).

Two separate Houston Chronicle articles (1, 2) also discuss the halt on investigations. Time will tell what happens; this is two-day-old news.

But this is why we can't just tell all the gay and trans Texans to fly the coop. Some of them are broke. Some of them have big families to take care of. Some of them have entire lives and careers that they can't just uproot. And, well, it's also just completely unfair to make your first suggestion be, "Why don't you just leave your home and go somewhere else?"

Hey, every-single-American-here? Doesn't that sound familiar to you?

It's more productive and less destructive for the nation for a collective of people to try to find ways to attack the problem at the root. That's why many Texan parents were fighting back and seeking support from various organizations.
Thanks GC - I've been following the Texas transphobia and it's difficult to avoid reading articles. It's shocking, like some Orwellian fiction. No wonder Rep senators come out in support of Putin when they have identical agendas.

Idaho is doing it too, making it a felony for a medical procedures for gender affirmation and across the US the are over 300 anti-LGBTQ+ bills being considered.

You have to fight these actions in the courts and the best way I can think is to make donations to charities supporting legal actions against the state proposals. These fascist anti-LGBT groups are unfortunately well funded but they often act against the law, trying to frighten people into silence. Don't be silent :rose:

Thanks GC - I've been following the Texas transphobia and it's difficult to avoid reading articles. It's shocking, like some Orwellian fiction. No wonder Rep senators come out in support of Putin when they have identical agendas.

Idaho is doing it too, making it a felony for a medical procedures for gender affirmation and across the US the are over 300 anti-LGBTQ+ bills being considered.

You have to fight these actions in the courts and the best way I can think is to make donations to charities supporting legal actions against the state proposals. These fascist anti-LGBT groups are unfortunately well funded but they often act against the law, trying to frighten people into silence. Don't be silent :rose:
States have already started doing this with anti-abortion bills: making it a crime to go out of state to get an abortion. Only a matter of time before they make it a crime to take trans kids out of state for treatments. I'm so tired of the fear and hate:mad:

Back