Nerdy semi-thick girl looking for a confident Asian guy

are you getting any responses along the lines of this thread? suppose it would be easier if you didn't have to wade through dorky posts like mine which are not strictly on topic...

Its OK. Anyone can post anything. Part of the fun is seeing what people post.

Interesting. I often find that Asian Men are negatively stereotyped in the West - nerdy, skinny, poor social skills, good at academics etc. Heavily under-represented in the media too, and often typecast. And according to dating site surveys, ranked the lowest by women in terms of attractiveness, while asian women rank the highest.

Looking at some of the responses on your thread, it often seems to deviate to asian women too.

The battle continues....

Interesting. I often find that Asian Men are negatively stereotyped in the West - nerdy, skinny, poor social skills, good at academics etc. Heavily under-represented in the media too, and often typecast. And according to dating site surveys, ranked the lowest by women in terms of attractiveness, while asian women rank the highest.

Looking at some of the responses on your thread, it often seems to deviate to asian women too.

The battle continues....

I do agree with you. Its really sad to, because that's the general consensus, the women like me who like them have to try that much harder. A lot of the messages I get are guys in disbelief. I even had one chew me out because he thought it was a joke.

I do agree with you. Its really sad to, because that's the general consensus, the women like me who like them have to try that much harder. A lot of the messages I get are guys in disbelief. I even had one chew me out because he thought it was a joke.

It's a shame that ladies like you aren't in the midwest. We tend to be overlooked quite a bit... :(

My thought is that society can't tell me if I'm good looking. I'm hot and I know it :D

Convincing everyone else of that is the hard part :eek:

Society sucks. Also an inbuilt bias too. If an alien found a copy of some lads magazine or even some of the lifestyle magazines aimed at women they'd probably think all guys ti be ripped with six packs and women to be tall, slim with big boobs.

Society sucks. Also an inbuilt bias too. If an alien found a copy of some lads magazine or even some of the lifestyle magazines aimed at women they'd probably think all guys ti be ripped with six packs and women to be tall, slim with big boobs.

we all already think that even if it's not even close to the truth. not so much of a stretch to think another race might think of us all like that...

I take it you're more into Eastern Asian than South Asian guys? Filipino guy here. Spent a few years traveling and living throughout Asia as a child too. :) If you wanna get to know a chubby Asian nerdy guy, that's me.

I take it you're more into Eastern Asian than South Asian guys? Filipino guy here. Spent a few years traveling and living throughout Asia as a child too. :) If you wanna get to know a chubby Asian nerdy guy, that's me.

Nope I'm not picky. ;) I like em' in all shapes and sizes.

Where was someone like you when I was a young man? I am half Asian, but alas, I am too old!

Awww! I know how you feel though! Where were all the Asian guys that liked western girls when I was in highschool or college!!? *Sighs* Oh well...

Your never too old to get what you want outa life! ;)

Back