Need Editor/Proofreader

My story has now been rejected twice for spelling/punctuation/grammar issues, according to the rejection notices, not content issues, as youngest character is 20+. Story involves an long-term incestuous threesome. Everything checks out according to the editing tools in MS Word, I cannot find the errors being complained of. If someone could look over my story and see if they can find the errors I can't, I'd very much appreciate it. Story editing suggestions gratefully received. Please PM me if you can help. Story is in .docx (MS Word) format, approximately 18,500 words.

Have you tried the free grammer/punctuation software "Grammarly"?

https://www.grammarly.com/desktop

It picks word usage, punctuation, grammar, typos. Just for kicks, i reviewed some of my early stories with the software and i was shocked at the stuff if found.

I've tried Grammarly and it's quite helpful. But my story and another essay keep on getting rejected because of spelling/punctuation errors no matter how many times I re-edit and resubmit. Yet other stories of mine with a few uncaught errors have been published this month. No objections to content have been raised, nor are specific errors pointed out, merely the generic rejection notice. My story has been read by AchtungNight who pointed out a class of errors that I hadn't spotted. These and others have been corrected and the story resubmitted.

If Laurel doesn't wish to publish these because of content or because she no longer wishes to publish any of my content, she needs to tell me explicitly. I'm in the dark about these rejections.

Have you tried the free grammer/punctuation software "Grammarly"?

https://www.grammarly.com/desktop

It picks word usage, punctuation, grammar, typos. Just for kicks, i reviewed some of my early stories with the software and i was shocked at the stuff if found.
I use Grammarly all the time. I did pay for a subscription to it and find that the pay side is well worth the few bucks it costs.

Another suggestion, look in the category you want to post in and find a few authors there who you like. Reach out to them and ask if they would look at your story, not as an editor but as someone who can give you critical feedback. Also, let the story go cold by letting it sit for a week or more until you've forgotten how you wrote the story. Then, read the story out loud. Doing that can surprise you and open your eyes and ears to what is there. Not what you think is there but what is really there.

I've tried Grammarly and it's quite helpful. But my story and another essay keep on getting rejected because of spelling/punctuation errors no matter how many times I re-edit and resubmit. Yet other stories of mine with a few uncaught errors have been published this month. No objections to content have been raised, nor are specific errors pointed out, merely the generic rejection notice. My story has been read by AchtungNight who pointed out a class of errors that I hadn't spotted. These and others have been corrected and the story resubmitted.

If Laurel doesn't wish to publish these because of content or because she no longer wishes to publish any of my content, she needs to tell me explicitly. I'm in the dark about these rejections.
I can't guess how many submissions Lit gets every day, but all the submissions are scanned by a bot, I believe not a live person. You attach a note to a submission to the editors which will be read by a live person. You might try that and see how they react to your submission and comments.

I had a new story rejected and I'm not sure why. The note with the rejection says that the editors notes and changes are still in the submitted document and that I should review the document. The problem is that I can't figure out how to open the document to look at the notes!

If someone could help with that I'd appreciate it!

I also think I need an editor to look over my submissions. My stories generally focus on crossdressing with some male/male, some male/female and now and then some kinks and fetishes including lingerie, watersports or incest.

Please someone help me. I truly enjoy writing erotica and knowing that others are enjoying reading it!

Fran_cd

Back