NaPoWriMo -- Anyone interested?

Lyricalli

Strange Little Bug
April is National Poetry Writing Month, and those who participate attempt to write a poem a day for all thirty days of April.

https://www.napowrimo.net/about/

Now, we do have the 30/30 thread, which could easily be used for this challenge. But, I thought it might be fun to do a special thread just for the NaPoWriMo, and also thinking about borrowing the idea of the Dirty 30, so that it's a bit more relaxed.

So, I'm thinking about a challenge of 30 poems in 30 days, without the restriction of one poem a day, but you should start with your first poem on April 1 and post your last of 30 poems by April 30.

Anyone want to play? :)

April is National Poetry Writing Month, and those who participate attempt to write a poem a day for all thirty days of April.

Now, we do have the 30/30 thread, which could easily be used for this challenge. But, I thought it might be fun to do a special thread just for the NaPoWriMo, and also thinking about borrowing the idea of the Dirty 30, so that it's a bit more relaxed.

So, I'm thinking about a challenge of 30 poems in 30 days, without the restriction of one poem a day, but you should start with your first poem on April 1 and post your last of 30 poems by April 30.

I might. :)

I am thinking about possible themes/subjects. I've done NaNoWriMo but (oddly enough), not the poetry iteration. Maybe it's time to change that.

Also it would be fun to write with you. :rose:

I might. :)

I am thinking about possible themes/subjects. I've done NaNoWriMo but (oddly enough), not the poetry iteration. Maybe it's time to change that.

Also it would be fun to write with you. :rose:

That would be great! I figured I'd try the 007 as a test run, since it's been quite some time since I've challenged myself to write so often. :)

That would be great! I figured I'd try the 007 as a test run, since it's been quite some time since I've challenged myself to write so often. :)

I haven't done a 30/30 for a looong time. I think I can I think I can...but I'm having molars extracted next week and I'm a total wimp at the dentist. I need to get that thrilling event out of my way before I can get too invested in 30 poems. :cool:

And thank you btw for not making it a poem a day. Thirty in 30 overall takes some of the pressure off. I like knowing I can have a day or two off if I need them!

I wonder if I’ve got the stamina for it...??

Of course you do! You can write haiku, American Sentences, Fibonacci sequences or just short free verse. Come suffer with us damnit!

Although I just failed a 007challenge after day 1, I am willing to give it a try. I do find prompts or a central theme help in this sort of exercise. I do like the flexibility of the Dirty 30 approach.

Last November, I took part in the Writers Digest November Challenge where you were given a prompt a day to write a poem over the 30 days of the month and then put together a chapbook of the best 10 -20. It was interesting and last November there was a lot to comment on if some of your poetry has a political bend. I think they are having a similar Poem a Day (PAD) challenge in April.

Although I just failed a 007challenge after day 1, I am willing to give it a try. I do find prompts or a central theme help in this sort of exercise. I do like the flexibility of the Dirty 30 approach.

Last November, I took part in the Writers Digest November Challenge where you were given a prompt a day to write a poem over the 30 days of the month and then put together a chapbook of the best 10 -20. It was interesting and last November there was a lot to comment on if some of your poetry has a political bend. I think they are having a similar Poem a Day (PAD) challenge in April.

Lol my political poetry is too Neanderthal for polite society... probably most of my poetry is too Neanderthal but hey it’s part of my charm :D

As to haiku and American sentences.... I guess I could manage some of them if need be

Ok I’m in...

I haven't done a 30/30 for a looong time. I think I can I think I can...but I'm having molars extracted next week and I'm a total wimp at the dentist. I need to get that thrilling event out of my way before I can get too invested in 30 poems. :cool:

And thank you btw for not making it a poem a day. Thirty in 30 overall takes some of the pressure off. I like knowing I can have a day or two off if I need them!

I wanted it to be fun without too much pressure for me as much as anyone else. I was hoping that being a bit relaxed about it would get more people interested in playing along. :)

Ok I’m in...

Yay! :D

It's already the middle of March. How'd that happen? Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone else might be interested in trying a dirty 30 for National Poetry Writing Month.

Quick recap: Try to get 30 poems of some sort written in the month of April. Doesn't have to be a poem a day. Just join us on the 1st (or thereabouts) and get 'em done by the 30th.

Come play! :)

I have found a great blog for poetry prompts over at readpoetry dot com. I'm going to give it a shot. It will be fun writing with you all.

Champers! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

This will be fun! Sort of. Ok not the part where I lose my wisdom teeth (still waiting on the date for the actual procedure). I may have a few grumpy poems (to go with the dopey ones, etc.), but I'll muddle through.

Does anyone have a theme yet? Champ thanks for the prompt link. I have no ideas yet. I'm hoping for a cognitive explosion any day now. Or not. :cool:

I have found a great blog for poetry prompts over at readpoetry dot com. I'm going to give it a shot. It will be fun writing with you all.

So happy you'll be joining in :)

This will be fun! Sort of. Ok not the part where I lose my wisdom teeth (still waiting on the date for the actual procedure). I may have a few grumpy poems (to go with the dopey ones, etc.), but I'll muddle through.

Does anyone have a theme yet? Champ thanks for the prompt link. I have no ideas yet. I'm hoping for a cognitive explosion any day now. Or not. :cool:

A while back, I got my wisdom teeth pulled while I was doing a 30/30. I did manage to get through it, but those few days after were a little rough. And, with this one, if you need a bit of time, it's all good. :)

I don't really have a theme for mine, but I keep hearing songs that are nudging me, so I might be doing some song-based poems. Other than that, I think I'm winging it.

So happy you'll be joining in :)

A while back, I got my wisdom teeth pulled while I was doing a 30/30. I did manage to get through it, but those few days after were a little rough. And, with this one, if you need a bit of time, it's all good. :)

I don't really have a theme for mine, but I keep hearing songs that are nudging me, so I might be doing some song-based poems. Other than that, I think I'm winging it.

Hmmm. Music is always workable for me. That's a good possibility. When I start cranking out American Sentences you'll know I'm winging it. :D

I might try to do this, but my main focus will be on trying to complete my Poetry Month commentary thread.

Godspeed to everyone trying to 30/30 the month.

I might try to do this, but my main focus will be on trying to complete my Poetry Month commentary thread.

Godspeed to everyone trying to 30/30 the month.

Yes please as one who squeaked through the requisite English Literature 101 as an undergraduate (and then only because I discovered that the instructor seemed to give better marks to analysis focused n the sexual inuendoes in the matter at hand so to speak) I find your thread most enlightening.

Just the chance I need to practice one word poems. :rolleyes:
Political comment poem
Astigmatism​

BUMP - Three Days till April 1, and NaPoWrMo 2022

It's been rather quiet here as of late and NaPoWriMo starts on Friday. So sharpen your qulls and get your fingers flying across the keys and in 30 days it will be May.

While some of us are self-prompters (Moochienanu immediately springs to mind), However, the rest of us may need prompts and a quick search of NaMoPo prompts will give you a wide range of potential one a day promts.For those of us of a certain age and musical proclivity, Big Bang Poetry is offering a a set called "Field of Music: 30 Popular Love Songs Incorrectly Explained" starting April 1.

Last edited:
I’ll be loosely following the Poem a Day callenge via writer’s digest again (like last November) for this April. I hadn’t decided where to put them yet - in my hidden place or on the 30 in 30.

Does this mean there will be a separate thread for April now? I do very much enjoy seeing others posting along and joining in. It gives momentum and, as we have seen before, room to play off of one another’s offerings.

Does this mean there will be a separate thread for April now? I do very much enjoy seeing others posting along and joining in. It gives momentum and, as we have seen before, room to play off of one another’s offerings.
Angie, Lyri et. al. are you good with a separate NaPoWrMo 2022 thread?

Angie, Lyri et. al. are you good with a separate NaPoWrMo 2022 thread?
Sorry I haven't been able to be around much for a while. Yes, absolutely, please do a thread for NaPoWriMo 2022! There's no way I can manage that much writing this year, but I hope it will have some good participation.

Back