Missouri: repeal of motorcycle helmet laws sees deaths jump 47%

Look, you are as big a jag off as he is but for different reasons. Wishing people dead, and in great numbers, because they don't wear a motorcycle helmet is 100% pure asshole.
Good thing wishing doesn't have any more effect than thoughts or prayers.

of course serious to fatal head injuries to the rider affect more than the rider:

• there's the impact on observers, others involved in the accident, and first responders
  • the impact on the families of the rider—both emotional and financial
  • the costs to society as have already been stated
  • the increased burden on families and care staff of the seriously brain-damaged in times when being able to access that care is limited and frequently too expensive
the fact that the usual suspects are all 'i should be free to ride my bike however i like to make me happy and fuck everyone else if i get wrecked' is no surprise.
when you are operating a motorized vehicle on a public highway, paid for by taxpayers' money, you need to think about other users as well as just yourself.

I knew a man who was killed on his bike at a traffic light. He was rear-ended and crushed against the car in front of him.

Good thing he was wearing his helmet . . . .
You and joepepsinocoke are a tight tag team. Keep up the good work!

of course serious to fatal head injuries to the rider affect more than the rider:

• there's the impact on observers, others involved in the accident, and first responders
  • the increased burden on families and care staff of the seriously brain-damaged in times when being able to access that care is limited and frequently too expensive
the fact that the usual suspects are all 'i should be free to ride my bike however i like to make me happy and fuck everyone else if i get wrecked' is no surprise.
when you are operating a motorized vehicle on a public highway, paid for by taxpayers' money, you need to think about other users as well as just yourself.

I was about to post something similar.

Sociopaths are gonna sociopath, and never consider how their actions affect others.

🤬

JFC

SAD!!!

Last edited:

Personally I believe that if you choose to not wear a helmet you should have a catastrophic health insurance policy to cover any necessary emergency care and any perpetual long term nursing home care while you live as a turnip until you die.

Wasn't trying to earn points with you, twat.
It was just pointing out yet another ignorant, pointless, stupid, mother fucking, lying, comment by you. It's all you have. You try to make it seem like I would say what when you have nothing to even hint I would. Fucking loser.

Even wearing a helmet doesn't protect from the people who are in the cages who don't pay attention before they change lanes or tailgate when the pavement is wet as in raining.

Even wearing a helmet doesn't protect from the people who are in the cages who don't pay attention before they change lanes or tailgate when the pavement is wet as in raining.
Or if you are an asshole on a motorcycle weaving in and out of traffic, or doing wheelies, or driving in excess of 100mph.

Personally I believe that if you choose to not wear a helmet you should have a catastrophic health insurance policy to cover any necessary emergency care and any perpetual long term nursing home care while you live as a turnip until you die.
This is not a terrible suggestion, but will be difficult to enforce.

just because I wear bolton tits
wait...Michael Bolton makes titties, now?

giphy.gif

:ROFLMAO:

Makes me wonder if insurance rates are different in helmet optional states compared to helmet mandatory.
My cynical take here is that the only people who would sponsor helmet laws are the insurers. It would be almost impossible for costs not to be lower with helmets. The problem is that it also raises police costs and/or displaces LEOs from other priorities.

My cynical take here is that the only people who would sponsor helmet laws are the insurers. It would be almost impossible for costs not to be lower with helmets. The problem is that it also raises police costs and/or displaces LEOs from other priorities.

I'm inclined to agree that the insurance companies are the most likely suspects.

I'm not a fan of the mandate, but I wouldn't ride without my brainbucket.

I'm not a fan of the mandate, but I wouldn't ride without my brainbucket.
Same, although I'm not a rider. It's a tricky issue because I dislike imposing lots of little rules on people with the threat of enforcement, but I see it as something most should at least consider.

Same, although I'm not a rider. It's a tricky issue because I dislike imposing lots of little rules on people with the threat of enforcement, but I see it as something most should at least consider.
I personally hate that the insurance industry would stick its nose in on this issue to then raise rates on the consumer.

Haha. I kid because it’s funny to me how subjective a “pro-government, Communist lefty” can be as another member eloquently said in another thread.

I personally hate that the insurance industry would stick its nose in on this issue to then raise rates on the consumer.
Generally, I dislike corporate lobbying. I can see however why insurers would want to get involved here. A better method might be to write insurance policies contingent upon wearing a helmet. If one is not found at the accident scene... no payout.

Back