Michigan Roll Call

The people we knew always made their own or we bought them from a little shop in Calumet. I will never eat that crap they sell around Mackinac.

Lehtos has been there since the mid 40's. My grandpa always stopped there heading up for deer hunting. The taste has changed a bit over the years but for all the different ones I've ate, theirs are right up there on the list

Lehtos Pasties.... drool!
We saw The Minions as well! Good flick, great music, anyone remember soundtrack cds?

We saw The Minions as well! Good flick, great music, anyone remember soundtrack cds?

Ahh, so you have had them also? They are my normal stop on the way home. The family loads up on snacks at the Holiday before we turn onto 75 and the bridge. I stop and pick up a pastie for my snack on the ride home.

My favorite soundtrack was to an old movie called Thief with James Caan. The music was done by Tangerine Dream. They also did at least some of the music for Risky Business also

I do. Hell I remember 8 Track soundtracks.

Saw Minions last week and Ant Man yesterday. Smokin pork today in this ridiculous heat.

Headed back up to The Mitten in a few weeks. Guys weekend out in the Irish Hills for the NASCAR race. Can't wait!

Headed back up to The Mitten in a few weeks. Guys weekend out in the Irish Hills for the NASCAR race. Can't wait!

I've seen two races there... it's pretty cool. Nothing quite like a pack of 43 cars ripping by you at over 210 mph...

Bristol is the place to go tho, if you haven't been there...

Welcome to Michigan...

We made it to the beach yesterday. What a great day. The storms held off for us until after 11 pm

P9m0044.jpg

I've seen two races there... it's pretty cool. Nothing quite like a pack of 43 cars ripping by you at over 210 mph...

Bristol is the place to go tho, if you haven't been there...

Welcome to Michigan...
Thanks! I agree, haven't been to Bristol before. Only MIS and Darlington.

Back from several days on the West coast— South Haven, Saugatuck & Douglas mostly. The weather was fantastic! And the womenfolk (the ones I took) were (mostly) well behaved — even...)especially), the dog!:eek:.

Back from several days on the West coast— South Haven, Saugatuck & Douglas mostly. The weather was fantastic! And the womenfolk (the ones I took) were (mostly) well behaved — even...)especially), the dog!:eek:.

I was thinking of heading over to the beach for the day on Sunday!

I was thinking of heading over to the beach for the day on Sunday!

I think it will still be nice... right?

So many great beaches on Lake Michigan.

I'm back on East-ish side (mostly) and no rain until Monday here...maybe.

We were over at the dunes a few weeks ago. Found an awesome beach just a little bit south of them. Water was warm and opened up right into Lake Michigan. Wanting to go back for a long day trip but this summer is getting towards the end and not sure how much I'm up to a close to 5 hour ride one way just to go to the beach.

Spent last Sunday up in Port Huron socking up the sun at the beach just north of the bridge

Always think its cool when we get up north and look up at the sky at night. The stars are just incredible. The edges of the Milky Way showing across the night sky

O0cC2dul.jpg

Back