Mentally Ill in the US - Capitalism Does Not Care

Chris_Michael

2B or Not 2B
https://www.yahoo.com/news/airport-...exus-between-mentally-ill-cops-143128649.html

So, apparently this guy who went on a shooting rampage at the Florida airport went into an FBI agency and told them that he was having terroristic thoughts. Now, I have absolutely no idea what goes through the mind of terrorists despite what some of you might think :rolleyes: but I am wondering if this was some kind of cry for help. POSSIBLY

Regardless if it was or was not, Americans are facing a growing problem which is being completely ignored by government. Capitalism and the greed of corporations in this fast-paced society is driving us insane. There are suits who only care about profit, and they only see numbers. Then, there is the average everyday citizen who works for the same company dealing with higher workload, less help, and basically no job security.

So, here's where I'll throw my own personal story in... pharmacy is a piece of fucking shit. Big Pharma is putting copycat drugs on the market and rebranding bullshit that has been patented before already. The pharmacy chains like CVS/Wags are fucking parasites to patients needing treatment, automatically refilling prescriptions without the consent of patients, calling doctors suggesting meds to add on without the patient's consent, and places so much emphasis on the almighty dollar that laws are broken regularly. It is literally impossible to work for one of these pharmacies and abide by the law. Then, we have misfills and mistakes. The pharmacist that makes a mistake never gets any follow up from what happened with patients. I was working at CVS and got a call from a nurse enraged that an elderly man ended up in the emergency room because he accidentally received another person's prescription at the point-of-sale. He received Amaryl and his blood sugar nose dived into the 50s. I wrote up an incident report, talked to my supervisor, and he told me that the rest will be taken care of. Uh yeah, guess what our next pharmacy meeting was about. No go ahead, I'll wait... Poor fucking metrics regarding sales.

"Well Chris, that's just how it is..."

Okay, so let's rewind. It was 2006 and I was 18yo. I just graduated high school, and everybody told me to get a good education and find a good job that is secure. Pharmacy seemed like a good idea to a fucking kid. Why not? Over six figures! Doctorate! White coat shit! BMW! ...no really, in 2006 CVS were giving pharmacists brand new BMWs for a 2-year sign on.

What does a kid do? And if you think an 18yo has the capacity to understand reality, you may not actually understand reality. Anyway, I went to college and after two years, I had a 3.8 GPA. I applied to all the pharmacy schools in my state. UGA actually had a requirement for biochem 1&2 which I didn't have at that point. I only had Organic 1&2. They have since changed that requirement because in undergrad, it goes general chem 1 then 2, organic 1 then 2, biochem 1 then 2. So, it doesn't make sense to require biochem except for student who are gifted as fuck. Besides, we take biochem in pharm school anyway. Fucking derps. So, that's a no to UGA. Mercer, which is in Atlanta and expensive as fuck, rejected me because of my low PCAT score. There was, however, one school that accepted me. And it was only 30 minutes away from my house. South University...

This school is a 3-year pharmacy school, one of five in the United States. Yes, that's correct. There's only five 3-year pharmacy schools. The problem, which occurred to me too late (21yo), was that it was a degree mill. Now don't get me wrong, it was hard as fuck, pure hell, and we lost 15% of our students throughout the three years. Classes were 10 weeks long, breaks were one or two weeks long depending on the schedule. When the first year was done, I was a wreck. After 3 years, I was barely handling the pressure with Grand Rounds deadlines and rotations. Pure hell.

Price tag: $200,000

Sign here, here, and here. You owe this money regardless of anything, no matter what. If you hate your life, oh well sucks to be you and have fun paying $2,200 per month for 10 years.

What's the point? That's a privately owned school and profit dictates all. So, the whole "Go to college!!!" encouragement was bullshit. And the stigma for people who don't go to college is bullshit, too.

Now now, let's rewind again. Church! I went to church when I was younger. Surely, my pastor and his assistants aren't dictated by profit! They care about me, right? FUCKING WRONG. "Oh God will take care of you. God knows all your problems before you even pray. He'll get you through anything and there will be a happy ending. If something bad happens, it's a trial to make you stronger... oh and btw, God wants you to give us 10% of that paycheck." Uhhhh... okay...

Now, let's fast forward. I am diagnosed with Major Depression, Generalized Anxiety, and Social Anxiety. I trust fucking no one because every interaction is a transaction. Not only are there no free lunches, there are no free handshakes, no free interactions with other people, and no free Sky Daddy willing to rain down blessings from heaven.

At the worst point, my doctor said, "You need to get help." So I went to therapy for a year, and still see a psychiatrist. That shit has done nothing! Nada. They put me on Effexor, Wellbutrin, and around-the-clock Xanax. The doctors only care about the up front fee you pay, and the $125 per week therapy sessions are complete garbage. I spent an entire year paying that because my insurance didn't cover it and this woman literally spent 45-minutes talking to me about stupid shit. I didn't even get a blow job for what I was paying.

So, the entire point is that no matter what you do in America, nobody gives a shit about the mentally ill. And more people are becoming mentally ill. Kids are pressured into going to schools they can't afford and there's no fucking job on the other side. I'm fortunate because even though I hate my job, I have better luck.

The American Dream is signing your soul away to suits and allowing them to pile on debt as much as possible. Death is literally the only escape.

Last edited:
Regardless if it was or was not, Americans are facing a growing problem which is being completely ignored by government. Capitalism and the greed of corporations in this fast-paced society is driving us insane. There are suits who only care about profit, and they only see numbers. Then, there is the average everyday citizen who works for the same company dealing with higher workload, less help, and basically no job security. ...

<i>You</i> could help the mentally ill, Chris. Instead, it appears more to your liking to force other people to do it.

Oh, and by the way, one of your evil capitalists is one the forefront of charitable operations today, focusing, among other things, on ridding the world of malaria: Bill Gates. He even enlisted the support of his pal, Warren Buffet. Another exemplar was Andrew Carnegie. Say, ever hear of the Ford Foundation?I actually think it a worthy study, one that I don't know has ever been done, what the effect of extremely wealthy people is on society.

In the USA, we do need to come to terms with how to keep powerful arms out of the hands of mentally ill people. The Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms, but back when it was written, that did not include the kind of weapons that are available at Walmart today.

And by the way, at least from a physical standpoint, work today for the vast majority of Americans, is far less demanding than it was a scant few generations ago.

Last edited:
And by the way, at least from a physical standpoint, work today for the vast majority of Americans, is far less demanding than it was a scant few generations ago.

BULL. SHIT. I don't know what kind of job you have.

With today's fast paced society, we don't even have a chance to sit down to a healthy meal. CVS - 14 hour shifts with no breaks in Georgia. Yes, some loophole gets the company to get away with no breaks for pharmacists. So, you leave early in the morning, rushing out the door, get to work, bust your ass all day and you try to get your meals in when you can, and then you are dead tired on the way home. You're too tired to cook, and you're too wired to sleep.

And until I see your license to practice, don't tell me what I can and cannot do for society.

BULL. SHIT. I don't know what kind of job you have.

With today's fast paced society, we don't even have a chance to sit down to a healthy meal. CVS - 14 hour shifts with no breaks in Georgia. Yes, some loophole gets the company to get away with no breaks for pharmacists. So, you leave early in the morning, rushing out the door, get to work, bust your ass all day and you try to get your meals in when you can, and then you are dead tired on the way home. You're too tired to cook, and you're too wired to sleep.

And until I see your license to practice, don't tell me what I can and cannot do for society.

So the ultimate question is this, if this policy at CVS is so bad or unbearable then why work for them?

Assuming that this is something that only happens at CVS then (I don't know if it is or is not restricted to that particular chain) why stay with a company whose policy so obviously disagrees with you?

Seriously, if you weren't aware that this was how CVS treated their pharmacists when you signed up, then you didn't research the company very well.

Last edited:
So the ultimate question is this, if this policy at CVS is so bad or unbearable then why work for them?

Assuming that this is something that only happens at CVS then (I don't know if it is or is not restricted to that particular chain) why stay with a company whose policy so obviously disagrees with you?

Seriously, if you weren't aware that this was how CVS treated their pharmacists when you signed up, then you didn't research the company very well.

It's not just CVS. It's all chain pharmacies. It is pharmacy in general. My experience is with CVS. Wags just bought out Rite Aid. CVS bought out Target Pharmacy. Those are two major competitors just gone. Kmart is going to die soon most likely, and there are grocery store chains left.

Regardless, this isn't about pharmacy. However, if you want to turn and say "Well, it's your fault for not researching pharmacy, that's your problem," then sure. I'll accept that. However, you have to accept it when you desperately need your medicine and there is a 2 hour wait time and no help. You'll have to accept it when you need an expensive drug that your insurance doesn't cover or when they require a Prior Authorization from the doctor. You'll have to accept it when there's a tech at the drive thru while you've been standing at the front counter for 30 minutes.

Wait wait.... let me guess.... you'll just go somewhere else? Hahahaha Ok, Wags is just across the street and it's the same way there. Walmart is up the block and it's the same way there.

I'm not the only one who's dealing with this. Patients are at their wits end with CVS when they can't go anywhere else because they walk to their pharmacy.

Another solution perhaps? Goooooooooooooooooooooood luck. With this corporate hellhole of an operation, your options will become more and more limited until you'll just have to deal with it.

Have you ever been shopping at Walmart and there are 3 lanes open with lines all the way to the back of the store? Capitalism says, "You're welcome."

It's not just CVS. It's all chain pharmacies. It is pharmacy in general. My experience is with CVS. Wags just bought out Rite Aid. CVS bought out Target Pharmacy. Those are two major competitors just gone. Kmart is going to die soon most likely, and there are grocery store chains left.

This is not just an issue with pharmacy, it's pretty much across the board with corporate consolidations.

Regardless, this isn't about pharmacy.

Then what is it REALLY about?

However, you have to accept it when you desperately need your medicine and there is a 2 hour wait time and no help.

If you desperately need your medicine and you can't wait 2 hrs then a couple of things happened here:

A. Bad planning. Most folks generally try to renew a script before the last one runs out.

B. You lost your medication. It happens but most people when they travel try to make sure it doesn't.

C. There is something greater wrong then just not having a med for two hrs while the script is refilled.

You'll have to accept it when you need an expensive drug that your insurance doesn't cover or when they require a Prior Authorization from the doctor. You'll have to accept it when there's a tech at the drive thru while you've been standing at the front counter for 30 minutes.

These things are nothing new. Been that way for the last 40 years I'm aware of.

Wait wait.... let me guess.... you'll just go somewhere else? Hahahaha Ok, Wags is just across the street and it's the same way there. Walmart is up the block and it's the same way there.

I'm not the only one who's dealing with this. Patients are at their wits end with CVS when they can't go anywhere else because they walk to their pharmacy.

Another solution perhaps? Goooooooooooooooooooooood luck. With this corporate hellhole of an operation, your options will become more and more limited until you'll just have to deal with it.

Have you ever been shopping at Walmart and there are 3 lanes open with lines all the way to the back of the store? Capitalism says, "You're welcome."

Again there is nothing new about this. It's been that way for a long long time.

Question is, what is your solution?

LOL You think the only meds are maintenance meds?!?!

Oh god... I'm dying laughing. Speaking of dying, how about the patient who was being released by the hospital and needed Lovenox that evening but the insurance required a Prior Authorization from the doctor? Oh fun times that was!

Yeah shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you're talking about.

And you answered your own stupid ass question. "Well, what is this about?" EVERY FUCKING THING, you moron. I said that pharmacy is MY experience. I don't have experience in other fields. But since Capitlasm is a parasite to all careers, that is truly sad. That means profit only matters and the wealthy will lie, cheat, and steal from the poor. And they do it in every way - religion, education, healthcare, law, and so on...

Capitalism needs regulation. What kind exactly? I don't know. I'm not an expert on that. I don't have an answer. Wish I did. *shrugs* But I'm not going to act like Capitalism is the Gold Standard for how society should be.

Of course they don't want to help the mentally ill. If they cured all the mentally ill people in America, there'd be no one to buy guns

Of course they don't want to help the mentally ill. If they cured all the mentally ill people in America, there'd be no one to buy guns

LOL

Silly city people.....they don't realize they just pay other people to carry their gun for them.

Actually, there'd be nobody to buy these placebo antidepressants which are all copycat drugs just to brand for money.

The general public has no idea that Big Pharma is just flooding pharmacies with the same shit except for tiny differences on a molecular level.

Think about this. Take your hands and put them out in front of you. Notice how they appear the same except mirror images. Well, drug molecules do that, too. It's called a racemic mixture with each "hand" being called an enantiomer. Sometimes, one "hand" is the active molecule and the other hand does nothing. What a drug company will do is release the mixture as Celexa (citalopram) and then when the patent runs out, they'll chemically remove the useless "hand." There is a naming system for enantiomers or the "hands." There's S and R. Well, the active hand in Celexa is the S-enantiomer. So guess what the company put a patent on next!

S-citalopram

escitalopram

Lexapro (escitalopram)

So Celexa (citalopram) became Lexapro (escitalopram) and was advertised as better. The general public had no idea. And they do it all the time.

Any time you see "es" in front of a generic, that's what that means. There's another way to tell. If you see "dextro" or "levo" (levothyroxine, dextromethorphan). Those are separated enantiomers.

Oh I'm just one of those loony libs who thinks anyone who needs a gun for their identity is CRAZY.

I'm not just for gun control, I want banishment!

QUOTE=tnman03;83183800]Please elaborate, I want to see where you go with this premise.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm just one of those loony libs who thinks anyone who needs a gun for their identity is CRAZY.

^^ Hates poor people, doesn't think they have a right to sustenance or security.

Typical elitist democrat.

Last edited:
Fine. Adopt the UK policy on sporting rifles.

Otherwise "I Need a Gun to Define Myself" should be entered into the DSM as a treatable mental illness.

QUOTE=tnman03;83183800]Please elaborate, I want to see where you go with this premise.
[/QUOTE]

I see. Of course I disagree with you while also affording you the right to your own opinions. Oh, and as a by the way I'm not much inclined to banishment of people, concepts or things just because I disagree with them.
That's one of the disagreeable aspects of current extreme liberalism and the SJW mindset. In that anyone in disagreement is either a racist, misogynist or some other label.
As to whether or not you fall into a liberalist mindset I really don't know. I only know that I'm not, but I'm not overly conservative either.

Fine. Adopt the UK policy on sporting rifles.

I'd rather be American and keep the 2nd amendment.

Otherwise "I Need a Gun to Define Myself" should be entered into the DSM as a treatable mental illness.

Said the woman who pays people with guns to defend her.

More metrocentric (D) elitist shit, please keep it up...Tump 2020!!LOL

Poor people get guns so that they can eat. They rob grocery stores with them.

Sounds like maybe your community should think about how to suck less at feeding itself.

Last edited:
I hate guns. I want guns banished, not gun owners.

#disarm

OK. That's your view which you are absolutely entitled to. It's not going to happen though no matter what anyone legislates or criminalizes given Pandora's box is long since torn open and forgotten.

Insofar as crimes of violence go look at the stat's on others. Then look at those involving motor vehicles.

Now rertired Pharmacist from CVS

14 hr days once a week so I wouldn't have to work 13 days in a row.
Sat down to piss so that I could sit down for a few minutes.
Good food to eat? Non chew food like pudding or yogurt so I could answer the incessant phone calls.
Phone calls to patients and Doctors required and monitored by supervisors.
Getting people to sign up for rapid refill, an automatic refill system, causing filling, unfillng and refilling again, an unintendted result of this imperitive.
Interuptions, interuptions and interuption of workflow. Phone calls, flu shots, other immunization shots, patient consultation, Drive thru, Doctor calls to and from, Interactions, complaints, drug seekers and the whole narcotic over-prescribing decable.. inventories, Drug utilzation reviews,
outdate returns, State board compliance and reviews.
It's amazing that I had time to check 200 to 300 prescriptions per day, with no mistakes.
Good news, I got paid 135,000 per year.

Yes, this is exactly what it's like. Also the fact that KPM expectations are impossible... well, if they are possible, the expectations increase.

The salary was great until I realized how much money I don't actually spend. lol. I remember sitting in my apartment thinking, "I don't really want a new car or a house... or a life... huh... why did I need six figures again?" Haha

14 hr days once a week so I wouldn't have to work 13 days in a row.
Sat down to piss so that I could sit down for a few minutes.
Good food to eat? Non chew food like pudding or yogurt so I could answer the incessant phone calls.
Phone calls to patients and Doctors required and monitored by supervisors.
Getting people to sign up for rapid refill, an automatic refill system, causing filling, unfillng and refilling again, an unintendted result of this imperitive.
Interuptions, interuptions and interuption of workflow. Phone calls, flu shots, other immunization shots, patient consultation, Drive thru, Doctor calls to and from, Interactions, complaints, drug seekers and the whole narcotic over-prescribing decable.. inventories, Drug utilzation reviews,
outdate returns, State board compliance and reviews.
It's amazing that I had time to check 200 to 300 prescriptions per day, with no mistakes.
Good news, I got paid 135,000 per year.

Did I say this was a political platform? It's my personal thing.

Are Dems calling for total disarming? Of course not, they couldn't win elections. I'd love to see someone run on saying Screw the Second Amendment Ha ha ha ha ha ... but wouldn't it be nice

Don't try and lump me with Democrats on this.

SSona

QUOTE=BotanyBoy;83186664]I'd rather be American and keep the 2nd amendment.

Said the woman who pays people with guns to defend her.

More metrocentric (D) elitist shit, please keep it up...Tump 2020!!LOL

Sounds like maybe your community should think about how to suck less at feeding itself.[/QUOTE]

That's just fine with me

QUOTE=Chris_Michael;83188416]You know, you're a little crazy yourself. From one crazy person to another, it's okay. *pats on head*[/QUOTE]

Did I say this was a political platform? It's my personal thing.

Are Dems calling for total disarming? Of course not, they couldn't win elections. I'd love to see someone run on saying Screw the Second Amendment Ha ha ha ha ha ... but wouldn't it be nice

Don't try and lump me with Democrats on this.

So, you're one of those vegans who hates hunting and shit, huh?

Back