Marvel 2016 OOC Casting Call

ToolmanTim

Literotica Guru
The premise is simple. It is 2016. The world as we know it happened exactly as this one did until January of this year. That's when the first superheroesand villains appeared, at the beginning of the year. There is no SHIELD. HYDRA did not form in the 1930s. There was no super soldier program. There are no Avengers. There are no X-Men

The first superheroes and villains appeared in January of this year. That means the first superhero isn't necessarily Captain America, or the Fantastic Four, or Iron Man. Whichever characters we choose to play will be the first superheroes. We can choose Storm to be the first leader of the Avengers if we want to, or Mr. Fantastic, or Ghost Rider. If you want to change a character's race or gender, that's fine too. You can even make villains heroes, if you want to play a young Magneto who didn't have his family murdered by Nazis and consequently decides to use his powers for the good of mankind, that would be cool.

Yes, aliens exist, but they have not visited the Earth in the last thousand years or so. And yes, we are treating Olympians and Asgardians as aliens, like in the marvel movie and TV universe.

You don't need alot of knowledge about the marvel universe to play. If you have a passing familiarity with the Marvel movies, shows or cartoons then that should be enough. I'm more interested in good writers who want to write good stories.

The story so far: You've gotten your powers at some point in the last six months or so and whether you've chosen to become a public hero or not is up to you. Within the next week or so New York city is going to be invaded by aliens. We heroes will group together to fight off the alien invaders.

Cliche? Yup! But a good starting point. So when you're writing you backstory find a reason to be in New York City. Either you live there or you're visiting for some reason.

It will probably a minor group of aliens, like the Toad Men or some such. We aren't ready to repel a Skrull, Kree or Shi'ar invasion. Luckily, the Milky Way is an unclaimed galaxy.

If you're interested, post here or shoot me a PM. Tell us about your character.

Here's a basic character profile:

Codename:

Physical description: Eye color, height, weight, hair style, how they typically dress. Pictures are fine too.

Personality: A snippet about how they react. The traditional Spider-Man, for example, whould be sarcastic, but serious. Likely to point out the ridiculousness of a situation. With the mask off he's a quiet person who is busy trying to live his life.

Abilities: This is where you list your powers, training, weapons and so forth. What makes you a super enough to be a super hero.

Backstory: Who you are and how you fit into the Marvel 2016 world. I expect this to be the longest section as you flesh out who you are.

Lastly, don't apply to be the Sentry or a Herald of Galactus. Thor, Hercules, Magneto, Hulk, and their ilk should be the limit of your power range. Good storytelling isn't about the powers, it's about conflict and resolution.

Thanks!

Instead of a full on alien invasion, I'm considering using a group of rebellious Brood who crash land in New York. How's that sound?

One of the reasons I want to start with an alien invasion is that I don't want to commit to any villains just yet because someone might decide to play one as a hero. For instance, someone may want to play Victor von Doom. If I have built up a plot around him then I'm out of luck.

Back