Magic Shave Question

PinkOrchid said:
I would do the test on a somewhat sensitive area like the armpit. Then, maybe even keep the first application on for about half the recommended time to make sure you don't get a burn.

Oooch, ouch...couldn't even imagine getting chemical burns down there! Good idea & prudent advice (as always) from PinkOrchid there.

Treat the area with aloe gel like you would a regular burn. If you can get some from a health food store it should be purer giving better results.

I screwed up and used Nair on my most sensitive spots and had an unforgettable chemical burn. -OMFG!!!! soaked in tub with cocnut oil and used that. The pure stuff worked real well. ( Iget this wholesale from an herbalist, has no chemicals in it. (use to make soap).

I would rather wax than do that again.

BTW, the Magic formula we tried was the "Regular" cream. Store did not have the mild. Does the formula used make a difference?

One reason is maybe you left it on too long? Did the hair come away?

Alternatively as you used Regular, try the Mild;

(Strange as it sounds, I recommend anyone who gets uncomfortable on Mild to try the Regular - the formulae are very different and the irritant could as easily be something in the mild formulation which is not in the regular, as vice versa.)

Mrs G uses mild and I use regular for this very reason - so we are a two-tube bathroom!

More curiously, I have a tiny patch size of a fingernail on my sac which <i>sometimes</i> gets irritated but everywehere else is absolutely fine. Aloe-vera based shaving balm always does the trick and anyway its more than pleasant when it is being gently rubbed in!

Last edited:
Please follow the directions and advice given here. I used it for the first time (the Regular) last night. Stung for a bit, but not too terribly bad.

This morning I realized that I'd missed a couple of spots. I read the directions; said to wait (what is it, 24 hours?) before using again. Did I follow those directions? Noooo....stupid me did it again this afternoon. Now I've got a bit of a chemical burn!

Stupid, stupid me! Will I EVER learn!!!

Blue

BlueDaisy said:
Please follow the directions and advice given here. I used it for the first time (the Regular) last night. Stung for a bit, but not too terribly bad.

This morning I realized that I'd missed a couple of spots. I read the directions; said to wait (what is it, 24 hours?) before using again. Did I follow those directions? Noooo....stupid me did it again this afternoon. Now I've got a bit of a chemical burn!

Stupid, stupid me! Will I EVER learn!!!

Blue

And let me follow up my earlier stupidity report with yet ANOTHER one. I put some store-bought aloe-vera stuff on it......ohmygod I thought I was going to DIE! For a few minutes there, I wished I would.

Damn I'm stupid!!!

Blue Daisy wrote:

<i>And let me follow up my earlier stupidity report with yet ANOTHER one. I put some store-bought aloe-vera stuff on it......ohmygod I thought I was going to DIE! For a few minutes there, I wished I would.
</i>

Should have been fine, Blue Daisy, unless there was alcohol in it. I use an aloe vera-based after shave BALM from Body Shop in the UK. It's lovely. Must be similar products in other countries.

Hope you've cooled down a bit now - skin temperature I mean!!

love golden

Golden said:
Blue Daisy wrote:

<i>And let me follow up my earlier stupidity report with yet ANOTHER one. I put some store-bought aloe-vera stuff on it......ohmygod I thought I was going to DIE! For a few minutes there, I wished I would.
</i>

Should have been fine, Blue Daisy, unless there was alcohol in it. I use an aloe vera-based after shave BALM from Body Shop in the UK. It's lovely. Must be similar products in other countries.

Hope you've cooled down a bit now - skin temperature I mean!!

love golden

Hi Golden. yeah, I'm doing MUCH better today! I don't now what was in that stuff, but next time I'll go outside and get a piece of the plant itself.

I'll have to check for some stuff like what you mentioned. thanks for the info!

Blue

sexylilmissie said:
ok, does anyone know where this stuff might be found in a Canadian store?

Which stuff do you mean, Missie? The Magic or the stuff that puts out the fire! LOL!

Blue

sexylilmissie said:
ok, does anyone know where this stuff might be found in a Canadian store?

Magic is sold as a hair care product for black men with problems shaving, so head out from the all-white 'burbs and it should be easy; where I live in London England there are two stores in the street selling it - one is blasck hair car products, the other an Asian-run pharmacy

Golden said:
Magic is sold as a hair care product for black men with problems shaving, so head out from the all-white 'burbs and it should be easy; where I live in London England there are two stores in the street selling it - one is blasck hair car products, the other an Asian-run pharmacy

I don't know how the stores are in England and Canada, but most of the stores I'm familiar with here in the States have it in the ethnic hair care/beauty aisle.

Blue

be careful with this stuff!

In my only attempt, Magic Cream did not burn me too badly, but it did make me bleed from all of these tiny little holes - not cool! So, if you have sensitive skin, beware, be VERY ware...

And, I couldn't get the smell off my hands or my personal area for the rest of the day! Very attractive.

At least for me, the hair also seemed to look a little like stubble afterwards, even right away. I got better results with a razor, but again, as everyone here is saying, it's a matter of personal preference and what your skin can take.

As a side note: since I hate stubble anyway, I've started simply shaving between my legs/around the labia, leaving most of the hair on the mons trimmed and shaving the bikini area. If you hate regrowth periods and, like me, get razorburn when you try to reshave too soon, this might be an alternative.

have fun and good luck! at least you know it will probably always grow back, whatever you do to it...

crimson
@>-->------

Re: be careful with this stuff!

Crimson said:
In my only attempt, Magic Cream did not burn me too badly, but it did make me bleed from all of these tiny little holes - not cool! So, if you have sensitive skin, beware, be VERY ware...

And, I couldn't get the smell off my hands or my personal area for the rest of the day! Very attractive.

At least for me, the hair also seemed to look a little like stubble afterwards, even right away. I got better results with a razor, but again, as everyone here is saying, it's a matter of personal preference and what your skin can take.

As a side note: since I hate stubble anyway, I've started simply shaving between my legs/around the labia, leaving most of the hair on the mons trimmed and shaving the bikini area. If you hate regrowth periods and, like me, get razorburn when you try to reshave too soon, this might be an alternative.

have fun and good luck! at least you know it will probably always grow back, whatever you do to it...

crimson
@>-->------

Thanks for the tips, Crimson. But shaving really isn't much of an option for me. I'm quite large, and it is difficult for me to reach myself there...with a razor it is dangerous! LOL!

Blue[

Re: Re: be careful with this stuff!

BlueDaisy said:
Thanks for the tips, Crimson. But shaving really isn't much of an option for me. I'm quite large, and it is difficult for me to reach myself there...with a razor it is dangerous! LOL!

Blue[

seems to me you need a slave then!

Lit has a few on its books!

how long

I think the key is how long you leave it on; virgins really should aim on the short side and if that leave's a few wisps first time, then next time, add a minutel; and again till you find your level.

Also it is easy to spend two or three minutes scraping away on one side, and suddenly some of the cream on the other side has been on far longer than you think:

Here's the instructions the tube SHOULD carry:

Start with 6 minutes and then remove the bulk of the cream all over quickly, then go back and have a further scrape at any remaining hair

Don't scrape to long or hard because THAT will damage and irritate the skin

Then apply a warm damp wash cloth

Then a shower with no soap down there

and I think most of you will look feel and smell just great.

Mmmm! all those tantalising pussies - a little hair on the mons (perfect plan, Crimson), soft, smooth lips and crevices .... it's what my tongue was designed for and why we have tastebuds on it!

Cheyenne - you've been quiet on this one - do you agree oh Magic Queen??

love golden

Last edited:
Re: how long

Golden said:
I think the key is how long you leave it on; virgins really should aim on the short side and if that leave's a few wisps first time, then next time, add a minutel; and again till you find your level.

Also it is easy to spend two or three minutes scraping away on one side, and suddenly some of the cream on the other side has been on far longer than you think:

Here's the instructions the tube SHOULD carry:

Start with 6 minutes and then remove the bulk of the cream all over quickly, then go back and have a further scrape at any remaining hair

Don't scrape to long or hard because THAT will damage and irritate the skin

Then apply a warm damp wash cloth

Then a shower with no soap down there

and I think most of you will look feel and smell just great.

Mmmm! all those tantalising pussies - a little hair on the mons (perfect plan, Crimson), soft, smooth lips and crevices .... it's what my tongue was designed for and why we have tastebuds on it!

Cheyenne - you've been quiet on this one - do you agree on Magic Queen??

love golden

Yup, I do! Excellent instructions, Golden. I'd skip the warm damp wash cloth though and jump directly into the shower after wiping most of the Magic cream off with the spatula. I use the wash cloth in the shower to get the majority of the hair off that remains after the intial swipe with the spatula.

I still need to experience that tongue of yours someday, too. ;)

Re: Re: Re: be careful with this stuff!

Golden said:
seems to me you need a slave then!

Lit has a few on its books!

Yeah, well, I've got a husband, but he isn't too interested, so I just take care of it myself. Hmm....sounds like my sex life.

yeah, I ought to find me a Lit slave. LOL!

Blue

Magic Shave

I found it in almost any drug store. I tried the smelly stuff and it didn't work. Nair and all the other stuff is about the same. Some people it works on some it doesn't.
If you have very thin hair it may work just great. Besure to do a small test area first.
I really think it was put on the marked by dermotogist to get new patients to treat for skin irriatation.

Re: Magic Shave

Kathleencd said:
I found it in almost any drug store. I tried the smelly stuff and it didn't work. Nair and all the other stuff is about the same. Some people it works on some it doesn't.
If you have very thin hair it may work just great. Besure to do a small test area first.
I really think it was put on the marked by dermotogist to get new patients to treat for skin irriatation.

Hi Kathleen....welcome to Lit.
Marketed to TREAT skin irritation? Sheesh! After the "chemical burn" that I got, I find that hard to believe! LOL! (Not doubting your veracity!). Of course, I didn't exactly follow the directions.....lol

Magic Shave

I ment the magic shave causes skin irritation. So that the Dr.'s will make a mint getting paid to clear up the chemical skin burn.
I hope that clears it up (and I'm not talking about the skin irritation).

Hi Kathleeen, and welcome. If you check all the Magic threads on Lit you'll find that MOST people who followed the given instructions and and advice of fellow literoticans, and were careful, ended up as fans.

But not all!

For most, Magic is better than Nair, better than wax, better than shaving and a whole lot better than keeping the hair on!

I think one thing that isn't mentioned here that might be causing people problems is the warning on Magic not to use on skin after sweating.

The only times i've had any problems at all with Magic were when my skin was even the slightest bit moist. Completely, totally clean, dry skin BEFORE you apply the Magic then scrape off with a spatula and rinse with lots of cool water in the shower.

ok, to answer my own question just in case there were any other fellow Canadians wondering, i found it in shoppers drugmart.

bought it, tried it, and i must admit...i am impressed

Back