Long Covid is BS, all in your degenerate head

Ask someone whose actually suffering from Long Covid if they think it's BS.

Is cancer BS? Alzheimers?

If someone said that about any ailment you were suffering from and said it was "BS" how would you feel?

How about a little compassion, just for once?

I've seen a lot of pointless threads lately but this one is right up there with the usual Busybody drivel. (I refuse to call him Vietato since by time I post this he will have changed names again.)

I used to go to the gym, I did weights and boxing, went on walks, I ate well, didnt smoke, had the odd drink. I was fitter and healthier than most.
I run my own business, which means I get no sick pay if I fall ill.
I also have a 6 year old daughter who loves going on walks, going to the park etc and the highlight of my day is picking her up from school (to the point where I book my meetings around it).

When I get covid, there is about a month where I am completely useless. I cant pick my daughter up from school, let alone do weights or work. Even once I am recovered, I have never been the same since. The weights I lift and the walks I do are nowhere near what I used to do - but I am thankful I can still do them. And in addition to that, my income seems to have dropped by about a third each year.

On the basis that I enjoy being active and spending time with my daughter, do you think I want to be lying in bed or on the couch for 23 hours a day completely exhasuted with no energy to do anything more than breath or be reliant on people?

I can not think of anything worse than sitting still for 3 hours, let alone lying down for 23 hours a day. The other hour is split between doing the mundane things, like making a drink, lunch, having a wash etc.

My "long covid" is fairly mild compared to some in that it lasts about 3-4 months. But it is certainly not in my head. On a side note, since getting covid for the second time, I have picked up allergies to dairy, grains and nuts. I never had those allergies before as I used to have nuts every day and whey protein maybe 3 days a week without a problem... But that is all in my head?

Long covid not affecting you does not mean it is all made up. I am glad it only affects a relatively small number of people because I genuinely would not wish it on anyone. Imagine having something that affects your life to the point where you cant live 100% like you did, nobody has a cure, nobody knows if you will get better or if you will get worse after more and more infections. There are no real answers and then on top of that, you have bell ends saying it is all made up.

What I do find interesting though is that clearly long covid is real. The number of people out of work is rising, I hear people say that is down to the jab. But then how do you exlpain the number of children not going to school increasing? Why are there no longer enough teachers? Could it perhapse be that schools are a hub for covid and doing nothing is coming back to bite?

You need to understand that that will have an impact on everyone. 2% living ith long covid may not sound like a lot, but that is going to affect GDP, that is going to affect tax income, it is going to affect expenditure on health and social services. I am not saying we should not get back to normal, but there is a cost of doing nothing.

I used to go to the gym, I did weights and boxing, went on walks, I ate well, didnt smoke, had the odd drink. I was fitter and healthier than most.
I also have a 6 year old daughter who loves going on walks, going to the park etc and the highlight of my day is picking her up from school (to the point where I book my meetings around it).

When I get covid, there is about a month where I am completely useless. I cant pick my daughter up from school, let alone do weights or work. Even once I am recovered, I have never been the same since. The weights I lift and the walks I do are nowhere near what I used to do - but I am thankful I can still do them. And in addition to that, my income seems to have dropped by about a third each year.

On the basis that I enjoy being active and spending time with my daughter, do you think I want to be lying in bed or on the couch for 23 hours a day completely exhasuted with no energy to do anything more than breath or be reliant on people?

I can not think of anything worse than sitting still for 3 hours, let alone lying down for 23 hours a day. The other hour is split between doing the mundane things, like making a drink, lunch, having a wash etc.

My "long covid" is fairly mild compared to some in that it lasts about 3-4 months. But it is certainly not in my head. On a side note, since getting covid for the second time, I have picked up allergies to dairy, grains and nuts. I never had those allergies before as I used to have nuts every day and whey protein maybe 3 days a week without a problem... But that is all in my head?

Long covid not affecting you does not mean it is all made up. I am glad it only affects a relatively small number of people because I genuinely would not wish it on anyone. Imagine having something that affects your life to the point where you cant live 100% like you did, nobody has a cure, nobody knows if you will get better or if you will get worse after more and more infections. There are no real answers and then on top of that, you have bell ends saying it is all made up.

What I do find interesting though is that clearly long covid is real. The number of people out of work is rising, I hear people say that is down to the jab. But then how do you exlpain the number of children not going to school increasing? Why are there no longer enough teachers? Could it perhapse be that schools are a hub for covid and doing nothing is coming back to bite?

You need to understand that that will have an impact on everyone. 2% living ith long covid may not sound like a lot, but that is going to affect GDP, that is going to affect tax income, it is going to affect expenditure on health and social services. I am not saying we should not get back to normal, but there is a cost of doing nothing.
Welcome to the board! That was an informative and well written post. Unfortunately, many here will dismiss it as simply anecdotal. 😢 I wish you the best of health going forward. Hopefully, one day in the far off future, you will tell everyone about your experience dancing with your daughter at her wedding. Please continue to post.

Welcome to the board! That was an informative and well written post. Unfortunately, many here will dismiss it as simply anecdotal. 😢 I wish you the best of health going forward. Hopefully, one day in the far off future, you will tell everyone about your experience dancing with your daughter at her wedding. Please continue to post.
Oh 100% it is anecdotal. But the point is that it is not all in my head as there is literally no benefit for it to be - I cant do what I want anymore or at least not to the same degree and I do not receive benefits for not working. In addition to that, I now have allergies I never had which is at least some evidence its had an effect on me.

I suppose my point is that if it is in MY head, what is the benefit of that to me? There are none. How do you explain the allergies? I am sure some numpty will blame the jab and its a possiblity, but I had not had a jab for a year. I had however had covid about 2 months before and I had been struggling with various things for those 2 months until I went for an allergy test.

Its quite funny as I have family who thought it was all under my head, until they could see a rash all over my body then they realised it was not in my head. I sat there and I thought how can my family think I am lying, there is no benefit for me to make it up. And if it takes them to see something physical to believe me, its not surprising there are people out there who think it is all made up.

In all honesty, I think I would! How can there be a virus that literally does not affect anyone else in my family but for me it stops me from working or even getting out of bed? the extremes are so wide apart it is easy to see why people do not believe it. The really funny thing is that most of my family are overweight, drink and smoke. Theres me being the complete opposite and I am the unlucky one.

Oh 100% it is anecdotal. But the point is that it is not all in my head as there is literally no benefit for it to be - I cant do what I want anymore or at least not to the same degree and I do not receive benefits for not working. In addition to that, I now have allergies I never had which is at least some evidence its had an effect on me.

I suppose my point is that if it is in MY head, what is the benefit of that to me? There are none. How do you explain the allergies? I am sure some numpty will blame the jab and its a possiblity, but I had not had a jab for a year. I had however had covid about 2 months before and I had been struggling with various things for those 2 months until I went for an allergy test.

Its quite funny as I have family who thought it was all under my head, until they could see a rash all over my body then they realised it was not in my head. I sat there and I thought how can my family think I am lying, there is no benefit for me to make it up. And if it takes them to see something physical to believe me, its not surprising there are people out there who think it is all made up.

In all honesty, I think I would! How can there be a virus that literally does not affect anyone else in my family but for me it stops me from working or even getting out of bed? the extremes are so wide apart it is easy to see why people do not believe it. The really funny thing is that most of my family are overweight, drink and smoke. Theres me being the complete opposite and I am the unlucky one.
Oh, I fully believe you. I personally have no patience for unqualified skepticism. my point is that the starter of this thread and many others could easily find a fault out every aspect of your story.

Definitely. It could also be that I have made it all up. (I have not btw).

I find it quite interesting though as to look at me on a day to day basis now, you would not know I could not eat anything on the menu at KFC for example. You would not know that I spent months in bed unable to make a sandwich or when my daughter wanted to come and cuddle me because she could see I was poorly I had to say no as it was too painful and took up too much energy. But when I actually talk about it with people, its quite funny how many people tell me how their life has changed since getting covid.

People do not talk about it for fear of it being laughed at, brushed off or told it is in your head or down to the vaccine. But it has affected a lot more people than you think, some only in minor ways.

Time will tell I suppose.

All I can really say is to enjoy your life, because you really never know what will happen. I cram everything into summer I can now because during winter I become a bit of a recluse and do not go to parties etc. Thankfully I am pushing 40 so clubs and things are behind me. When it takes 3 days to recover, you know your too old haha.

Definitely. It could also be that I have made it all up. (I have not btw).

I find it quite interesting though as to look at me on a day to day basis now, you would not know I could not eat anything on the menu at KFC for example. You would not know that I spent months in bed unable to make a sandwich or when my daughter wanted to come and cuddle me because she could see I was poorly I had to say no as it was too painful and took up too much energy. But when I actually talk about it with people, its quite funny how many people tell me how their life has changed since getting covid.

People do not talk about it for fear of it being laughed at, brushed off or told it is in your head or down to the vaccine. But it has affected a lot more people than you think, some only in minor ways.

Time will tell I suppose.

All I can really say is to enjoy your life, because you really never know what will happen. I cram everything into summer I can now because during winter I become a bit of a recluse and do not go to parties etc. Thankfully I am pushing 40 so clubs and things are behind me. When it takes 3 days to recover, you know your too old haha.
Covid has touched the lives of everyone - even the deniers. This world has changed. Countless lives were lost. That’s irreplaceable, immeasurable. Unfortunately, Covid coincided with a dawning of the age of misinformation. The internet and its access to ready information was used against science. The secret to KFC‘s 11 herbs and spices is kept in a safe in Kentucky. The people who will question the efficacy of the vaccine, have no problems scarfing down those unknown 11 herbs and spices. To bring this thing full circle, I think that you and I are of the belief in finding truth. The starter of this thread is not. It is up to you and I to vote for a belief in science. This coming November we cannot afford to lose and put the people that we love, your daughter and my family, in jeopardy again.

everyone here knows someone who has died from COVID but no one here knows anyone who has died directly from the vaccine.

any questions?

everyone here knows someone who has died from COVID but no one here knows anyone who has died directly from the vaccine.

any questions?
I will be completely honest in that I am not a massive fan of the vaccine. Whenever I have had it, I have had to sit down for about 48 hours after as I can feel it on my heart. Honestly, I do not know where I stand with the vaccine and I can understand why people are against it. I would like to think it put me in a place where I have come out better after covid because of the vaccine but obviously I will never know.

Its funny that you say from covid as I know a lady who died with covid. But she died from a heart attack. She was massively over weight, had high blood pressure and as with any virus it makes your blood pressure higher, in this case the lady had a heart attack. Did she die from covid or from a heart attack? I think it is semantics and ultimately if she would not have had covid she would not have died, but she might have got flu the following week and still ended up dying - we will never know. But that is how these debates tend to go, you cant prove it one way or the other.

I like to think I take in both sides. I 100% understand people wanting to get back to normal and being worried about more lockdowns. But I also understand from experience what carrying on as normal entails and it means I cant go back to normal, at least not completely. I can go for meals, I can go to the pub, but I wont be going to pubs when they are packed in the middle of winter anymore or until there is a vaccine that actually stops covid.

There is no right or wrong answer, should the majority have to make sacrifices for people like me? No, I dont think they should.
But I also think there are middle grounds. Masks should be worn in hospitals, there should be air purifiers in schools (if we have them in parliament and private schools, why not in public schools?), we should probably also have them in large offices, air purifiers in the background are not affecting anyones lives but they might just help them.

I will be completely honest in that I am not a massive fan of the vaccine. Whenever I have had it, I have had to sit down for about 48 hours after as I can feel it on my heart. Honestly, I do not know where I stand with the vaccine and I can understand why people are against it. I would like to think it put me in a place where I have come out better after covid because of the vaccine but obviously I will never know.

Its funny that you say from covid as I know a lady who died with covid. But she died from a heart attack. She was massively over weight, had high blood pressure and as with any virus it makes your blood pressure higher, in this case the lady had a heart attack. Did she die from covid or from a heart attack? I think it is semantics and ultimately if she would not have had covid she would not have died, but she might have got flu the following week and still ended up dying - we will never know. But that is how these debates tend to go, you cant prove it one way or the other.

I like to think I take in both sides. I 100% understand people wanting to get back to normal and being worried about more lockdowns. But I also understand from experience what carrying on as normal entails and it means I cant go back to normal, at least not completely. I can go for meals, I can go to the pub, but I wont be going to pubs when they are packed in the middle of winter anymore or until there is a vaccine that actually stops covid.

There is no right or wrong answer, should the majority have to make sacrifices for people like me? No, I dont think they should.
But I also think there are middle grounds. Masks should be worn in hospitals, there should be air purifiers in schools (if we have them in parliament and private schools, why not in public schools?), we should probably also have them in large offices, air purifiers in the background are not affecting anyones lives but they might just help them.
if you jeopardize my family's health because you're too ignorant and lazy to do the bare minimum, you can fuck the fuck off.

Covid was and is a hoax

Long Covid is even more of a hoax

It's a bad cold used by losers to milk the government
COVID is a Coronavirus, where colds are a Rhinovirus. We can tell them apart by looking at the virus's in a microscope to see the differences.
Fraud Fauci has said so
Where,show me one quote from Fauci where he states the Cold and Covid are the same virus. I'll bet your name here against mine you can't.

COVID is a Coronavirus, where colds are a Rhinovirus. We can tell them apart by looking at the virus's in a microscope to see the differences.

Where,show me one quote from Fauci where he states the Cold and Covid are the same virus. I'll bet your name here against mine you can't.

Yah, I thought you'd run away from this like the chickenshit poster you have always been BB. *chuckles*

Yah, I thought you'd run away from this like the chickenshit poster you have always been BB. *chuckles*
You could pretend to think that I am who you think I am.But as with everything else you are wrong and you didn't refute what I wrote but that's o k because you can't

You could pretend to think that I am who you think I am.But as with everything else you are wrong and you didn't refute what I wrote but that's o k because you can't
lol, You made the claim on Fauci saying COVID and the Common Cold are the same virus, prove it or shut the fuck up BB, drop the name and leave the PB.....chickenshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinovirus#/media/File:Rhinovirus_isosurface.png

https://www.amprogress.org/covid-19-resources/covid-19-photo-library/

I can show proof they are not....

Last edited:
Back