Little Random Writings....

Fermina_Daza

That’s not my name….
I sometimes write little snippets in my head. I don’t have the time or desire to sit down and write a full story, but I will want to piece together little random writings and couldn’t really find a place so I created my own. Read it, ignore it, contribute.

Just be kind.

They often mistook her for a shallow pool. They couldn’t help but admire their own reflection perfectly staring back at them. They misjudged the stillness for lack of depth and couldn’t help but wade into her calm waters for a closer look at what they thought they could take.

It always came as a surprise just how deep her darkness pulled them in. Down they sunk, liquid, ice-coated animosity rushing past lips full of tall tales and lies. Some would look up to see their reflection taunting them from above now; they reach an arm up as if they could help themselves, would help themselves given the chance. Others looked down, the last remnants of life bubbling with false apologies. Empty words covering her floor like sharp, broken shells.

They deserve it, she reminded herself. Take, take, take. In their eyes she had been so harmless, so beautiful, so meant to be conquered and owned - at least temporarily. They deserved to be swallowed into the soothing stillness they felt entitled to interrupt. And soon they were still too, blanketed by so many half truths. And she would have peace. At least until the next came along.

Back