Letters

Dear you,

I have too much to say because I feel too much.

I've been in a drought for too long with emotional unavailability.

I'm sure that can be overwhelming.

This is who I am.

Love,
me

Dear baritone mandola:

Why don't you play yourself? Why is it always me, me, me?

--Fingered in Fresno

Dear P,
I bet you didn't know that every few months I take to my bed, watch chick flicks and write bad poetry. It's a ritual cleansing. I say goodbye to dreams. Put the past to bed. But, I never say goodbye to you. I can't seem to remember the exact moment that you settled in to my bones. The imprint never fades. Years can go by and I'm still that girl, lapping up gelato. I wonder what will happen. Sometimes, I feel anxious that life is happening to me. So, on ritual days, I cry to the sap on the screen and pen what I want out of life. Does any of this really surprise you? Probably not.

Love,
S

Dear all y'all,

Everyone here is everyone else's lover or ex-lover or soon to be lover.

And I'm just one of many. Being reminded of how small I am is nice and also a punch in the gut.

Even now, with a ring.

Izzy. Kitten. Whoever.

Dear Beautiful Green Eyed Gal,

You’ve now got everything you ever wanted.

Please leave us losers to commiserate, lust, and hate on one another.

You’re not missing out on anything except hot hot imaginary sex and very real sadness.

Signed,

YesIKnowYourActualEyeColor

Holy shit Marxist! You are still around. Nice to see you dude. Never thought we'd be living in this fucked up Trump-driven world.

Raindancer is also OG. Wow!

(Mouse and I have had way too much to drink tonight!)

Dear Judith Ann,

It's been nearly 40 years since I broke up with you. Little did you know the reason I gave you was pure bullshit. I really did not want to break up with you but I felt I could handle the break up better if I did it rather than waiting for you to do it. I remembered you telling me you broke up with two boyfriends because they were not going where you were. You never explained that but when I found myself without a job and having a hard time finding another one, I felt it was just a matter of time before you broke up with me. I've been married now for 35 years but I've never forgotten you nor have I stopped loving you. I know I threw away my soulmate which drove me into a major depression causing me to lose weight, losing concentration and sleep. The depression got so bad that I tried to commit suicide. I knew you had found another person to love as I saw you one day, holding the hand of a little girl that could only be yours. This sight was like a knife in my heart. I still can't figure out why you did not fight for our relationship, but rather just let me walk out the door. The only possible answer I have ever come up with was you never loved me like I loved you. If you had needed a lung, kidney, or liver and I was a match I would have donated them to you. If you had needed a heart transplant and we were a match I would have found some way to make sure you received my heart. My love for you runs deep but I know you will never what you meant to me.

Back