Let's not forget there's good news in the colorful, diverse, awesome, queer world

This may fit here:

Pope Francis opens possibility for blessing same-sex unions

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|9 hours ago
Pope Francis suggested it may be possible to bless same-sex unions in a newly public response to cardinals who questioned the pope's affirmation of the LGBTQ community.

I'm slightly torn on this one, but it's significant
The Pope sacks a Texas bishop
"An announcement by the Vatican on Saturday (11 November) revealed that Bishop Joseph Strickland of Eastern Texas has been “relieved” of his position as head of the Diocese of Tyler."

The declaration was celebrated by LGBTQ+ rights groups, who said it sent an “unequivocal message” to political leaders that homophobia is unacceptable.

"An announcement by the Vatican on Saturday (11 November) revealed that Bishop Joseph Strickland of Eastern Texas has been “relieved” of his position as head of the Diocese of Tyler."

The declaration was celebrated by LGBTQ+ rights groups, who said it sent an “unequivocal message” to political leaders that homophobia is unacceptable.
I read about it and I don’t understand why you are torn. Strickland was a terrible person who engaged in every kind of anti-LGBTQIA hatred.

I read about it and I don’t understand why you are torn. Strickland was a terrible person who engaged in every kind of anti-LGBTQIA hatred.
Only because I'm an atheist and couldn't give a monkeys ;) Generally I see the Catholic church as a force for bad, but most religions lead to conflict, as we see on a daily basis.

Only because I'm an atheist and couldn't give a monkeys ;) Generally I see the Catholic church as a force for bad, but most religions lead to conflict, as we see on a daily basis.
I agree but it’s nice to see someone pure evil like Strickland get his comeuppance. Of course if he was burned at the stake, that would be better but we can’t have everything.

I agree but it’s nice to see someone pure evil like Strickland get his comeuppance. Of course if he was burned at the stake, that would be better but we can’t have everything.
Coincidentally ( I sometimes wonder how good the google AI has become ) I found this debate on YT that address him, amongst others. It's good to pick up info from the speaker, Stephen Fry, even if his slate is not clean after once describing trans women as blokes in dresses. He has since been less of a twat.

Being an atheist and never having been involved in the catholic church I am unclear of the position and power a bishop holds there.
That said, after reading about the brewhaha that has developed, I'm curious to hear how catholics in Texas and the US react.
I don't think I'd be surprised if Texas catholic loyalty lays with this ex bishop.
The reaction could expose how conservative politics override religious teachings....

Coincidentally ( I sometimes wonder how good the google AI has become ) I found this debate on YT that address him, amongst others. It's good to pick up info from the speaker, Stephen Fry, even if his slate is not clean after once describing trans women as blokes in dresses. He has since been less of a twat.
Clicked your link for the Stephen Fry YT......I don't know anything about this guy, but wow! loved this talk.

Clicked your link for the Stephen Fry YT......I don't know anything about this guy, but wow! loved this talk.
Oh darling! I forget you're so young and subsequently make me feel old(er)!! :)
Stephen Fry has been described a national treasure, variously famous for being very gay, extremely intelligent and very funny. He is not without demons and once ran away from a stage show in which he starred because of depression and panic.
He hosted a tv show, to which I am still addicted, called QI ( Quite Interesting ) that was basically a fun celebrity panel show that dug up quite interesting bits of information to challenge in questions. He has now been replaced by the fabulous Sandy Toksvig, an author, also gay and very clever.
Fry also starred in the various Blackadder comedy shows... which you probably haven't heard of either, being so young!!!
God you make me all maternal and want to hug you to bits.

Oh darling! I forget you're so young and subsequently make me feel old(er)!! :)
Stephen Fry has been described a national treasure, variously famous for being very gay, extremely intelligent and very funny. He is not without demons and once ran away from a stage show in which he starred because of depression and panic.
He hosted a tv show, to which I am still addicted, called QI ( Quite Interesting ) that was basically a fun celebrity panel show that dug up quite interesting bits of information to challenge in questions. He has now been replaced by the fabulous Sandy Toksvig, an author, also gay and very clever.
Fry also starred in the various Blackadder comedy shows... which you probably haven't heard of either, being so young!!!
God you make me all maternal and want to hug you to bits.
Now this sounds fun!

Back