Let Your Geek Flag Fly!

Imagine how different the Matrix would have been if Neo had chosen Blue...

And in the Sword... wasn't the villan played bby that character actor with the white hair and kind of bad complexion? And wasn't it pretty much a B movie, too?

Lordy, no kidding. :(

chuckle. Yep. Oy, more like D- flick. :D :D :D It's one of those movies that seemed AWESOME as a teenager... and now you watch and go 'Wow, the gratuitous breast shots just ain't worth it!' :rolleyes:

Well everyone, I am off.

Darkknight - it was nice chatting for a while. Stop back any time and bring all of your friends!

My name is Nathon.

My favourite colour is blue.

I seek the Holy Grail.

And I wish to know the secrets of the universe, while I'm at it.

Ok, to answer your question about geek-dom... let's see... can you answer these questions;

What are the serial numbers to the USS Enterprise? NCC 1701 C&D series only, movies including the TNG timeline also had NCC 1701 B&E

Do you know what TNG in reference to Trek means? The Next Generation

What does the TARDIS look like? Outwardly a blue wooden police call box circa Britain 1960's, inside changed fro one regeneration to another. Always centered in the main 'vestibule' with the Heart of the TARDIS, drive and navigation systems.

Where was the Joker's VERY first appearance? Joker Originally appeared in Batman # 1 1939? Something like that. And was later retconned to exist prior to that as a normal joe pushed to crime due to the hard circumstances of his life.

How man blades were on Prince Talon's sword in 'The Sword and the Sorcerer'? Talon had a triple bladed sword. If you enjoyed it I highly recommend Krull (All hail Glaives) The Barbarians, and Kull the Conqueror. All good bad films.

Jeez, I'm always too late for the really interesting conversations.

Well, in case any one cares, or maybe the right person will see this, lol.

I'm a geeky girl from MN. I love anime, manga, fantasy, Star Trek TNG, and playing role-playing games (Dungeons & Dragons, Mutants & Masterminds, and World of Darkness).

I've been to a couple anime cons, but not a sci fi or gaming con. Maybe one of these days I'll make it to one.

Ok, to answer your question about geek-dom... let's see... can you answer these questions;

What are the serial numbers to the USS Enterprise? NCC 1701 C&D series only, movies including the TNG timeline also had NCC 1701 B&E

Have you noticed the piping in all Star Treks with GNDN printed on them? Stands for 'Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing.'

What does the TARDIS look like? Outwardly a blue wooden police call box circa Britain 1960's, inside changed fro one regeneration to another. Always centered in the main 'vestibule' with the Heart of the TARDIS, drive and navigation systems.

Where was the Joker's VERY first appearance? Joker Originally appeared in Batman # 1 1939? Something like that. And was later retconned to exist prior to that as a normal joe pushed to crime due to the hard circumstances of his life.

How man blades were on Prince Talon's sword in 'The Sword and the Sorcerer'? Talon had a triple bladed sword. If you enjoyed it I highly recommend Krull (All hail Glaives) The Barbarians, and Kull the Conqueror. All good bad films.

You go! :D :D :D

I LOVED that sword Talon had! I remember making one out of lego when I was a kid. :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for posting lil_squirter! It seems that you really do know your stuff. It's good to see someone of the female persuasion around here! Come back any time...

Jeez, I'm always too late for the really interesting conversations.

Well, in case any one cares, or maybe the right person will see this, lol.

I'm a geeky girl from MN. I love anime, manga, fantasy, Star Trek TNG, and playing role-playing games (Dungeons & Dragons, Mutants & Masterminds, and World of Darkness).

I've been to a couple anime cons, but not a sci fi or gaming con. Maybe one of these days I'll make it to one.

Hey MoonHawke! Thanks for the post and good to hear from you. I haven't been to any other kind of convention except for the Dragon-Con, but the ones you have been to sound cool too! Please stop in any time!

Gotta love the geeks

I just have to say I am pretty intelligent but not really a geek. One of my good friends in high school was, sadly he was killed in a car accident a few years ago. I miss him still. I read all your posts and thought of him, ROCK ON GEEKS!!!

I just have to say I am pretty intelligent but not really a geek. One of my good friends in high school was, sadly he was killed in a car accident a few years ago. I miss him still. I read all your posts and thought of him, ROCK ON GEEKS!!!

Hopefully not too melancholy? It's good to bring back up old pleasant memories. Intelligence is a great thing to have!

Thanks for the post and for sharing that moment. Geek or not, feel free to stop back in any time. ALL are welcome here! :D

I've been to Dragon*Con a few times, wandering teh booths and hanging out at the web comic artist tables. Gotta love the sluggy girls getting their bellies signed by Pete Abrams.

I've been to Dragon*Con a few times, wandering teh booths and hanging out at the web comic artist tables. Gotta love the sluggy girls getting their bellies signed by Pete Abrams.

I know, it's a trip! It's hard to top the woman wearing a thong and body paint! Wow!!! :eek:

Thanks for stopping by. Tell all your friends to stop in and say hello!

We also have a Nerd Power thread, it is well worth checking out. It's huge by now though but great nerd folks all around.

We also have a Nerd Power thread, it is well worth checking out. It's huge by now though but great nerd folks all around.

Thanks. I will have to check it out! If it's that huge, it might take me a while to through all of it - of ever!

I am coming out of the closet as a Sci-fi, Dr. Who, and Alternate History geek.

Hopefully not too melancholy? It's good to bring back up old pleasant memories. Intelligence is a great thing to have!

Thanks for the post and for sharing that moment. Geek or not, feel free to stop back in any time. ALL are welcome here! :D

No it's good to think of all the fun we had and the trouble I got him in! He always said that until he went to college, I was the only person that really understood him. Like most true genuises he had a hard time relating to regular ppl. And just for the record I do like sci-fi.

My geekdoms are too many to list, seriously. It's bad. LOL Aside from a deep knowledge of anime, video games and the japanese language I cover pretty much all the other geek/nerd bases.

More power to you all!!

Back