Let Obamacare fail....

Comshaw

VAGITARIAN
If I were in favor of getting rid of the ACA, believed it was doomed and couldn't get enough votes to repeal it I would feel just this way. But I would not under any circumstances try to force it to fail just to make my prediction come true. Unfortunately our present administration hasn't the same honorable streak in them. The Donald is reverting to his SBP (standard business practices) and is trying to force it to fail. Go figure right? A slimy ass can't be made an honorable man by being elected to the highest office in the land. Prepare for even more slimy shit as we go along.

Trump administration pulls health law help in 18 cities

President Donald Trump's administration has ended Affordable Care Act contracts that brought assistance into libraries, businesses and urban neighborhoods in 18 cities, meaning shoppers on the insurance exchanges will have fewer places to turn for help signing up for coverage.

Community groups say the move, announced to them by contractors last week, will make it even more difficult to enroll the uninsured and help people already covered re-enroll or shop for a new policy. That's already a concern because of consumer confusion stemming from the political wrangling in Washington and a shorter enrollment period. People will have 45 days to shop for 2018 coverage, starting Nov. 1 and ending Dec. 15. In previous years, they had twice that much time.

Some see it as another attempt to undermine the health law's marketplaces by a president who has suggested he should let "Obamacare" fail. The administration, earlier this year, pulled paid advertising for the sign-up website HealthCare.gov, prompting an inquiry by a federal inspector general into that decision and whether it hurt sign-ups.

Now insurers and advocates are concerned that the administration could further destabilize the marketplaces where people shop for coverage by not promoting them or not enforcing the mandate compelling people to get coverage. The administration has already threatened to withhold payments to insurers to help people afford care, which would prompt insurers to sharply increase prices.

"There's a clear pattern of the administration trying to undermine and sabotage the Affordable Care Act," said Elizabeth Hagan, associate director of coverage initiatives for the liberal advocacy group Families USA. "It's not letting the law fail, it's making the law fail."...

More here:
https://www.mail.com/news/politics/5372436-trump-administration-pulls-health-law-help-18-citi.html#.23140-stage-hero1-1

Comshaw

Trump will be impeached. He is his own worst enemy bragging and pontificating about things that reflect his own consciousness of guilt. Add to this the money laundering he does for Putin and the Russian oligarchs.

Link to documentary about this.

https://youtu.be/3UR2YQQ9J8U

Trump will be impeached. He is his own worst enemy bragging and pontificating about things that reflect his own consciousness of guilt. Add to this the money laundering he does for Putin and the Russian oligarchs.

Clearly, all ur blood is too busy elsewhere. Take it slow on your sweet shiny brain.

Tromp will only be impeached (indicted) when the Guppy-majority House decides he's not worth the pain he causes. That'll require LOTS of political pain. He will only be convicted and removed if a Guppy Senate no longer finds him useful, but that won't happen without an indictment.

There are other ways he could leave office early. Some are horrific, some merely improbable. I don't really expect either a 25th coup or a military coup. A stroke, or sniper, or nuking Mar-a-Lago... who knows? Voluntary retirement, or SCOTUS ordering him to leave? Hah.

When I enrolled in O-care the insurance agent who helped me did it as a favor. He didn't get a dime out of the deal.
One of those O-care things. And this was before Trump took office.
Seems to me O-care help could be as near as your local agent's office, and that only makes sense. Isn't O-care insurance?

I sincerely hope Trump is NOT impeached.
Trump is bad.
Pence is far, far worse.

There are other ways he could leave office early. Some are horrific, some merely improbable. I don't really expect either a 25th coup or a military coup. A stroke, or sniper, or nuking Mar-a-Lago... who knows? Voluntary retirement, or SCOTUS ordering him to leave? Hah.

That isn't one of them.

Hopefully the loads of pissed people light a fire under some GOP ass's.

Hopefully the loads of pissed people light a fire under some GOP ass's.

There simply aren't enough votes.

Hardcore Obamacare haters seem to have a ceiling of about 35% of the voters.

Sure, they want to take away access to medical care of #ThosePeople, but they want to keep their own access to medical care intact. They are finding out they can't have it both ways.

"Let them go to teh Emergency Room!" plays well on Fox. Not so well elsewhere

There simply aren't enough votes.

Hardcore Obamacare haters seem to have a ceiling of about 35% of the voters.

Damn that working middle class.

Sure, they want to take away access to medical care of #ThosePeople, but they want to keep their own access to medical care intact. They are finding out they can't have it both ways.

Why not? Why cant everyone just pay for their own shit?

:confused:

Every conservative of lecturin' the poor to be a little more bootstrappy....
Until it happens to them

"Ah takes care of mah self! I gots ten grand saved up for medical expenses! Haw Haw".

Then he got optic nerve cancer.

Non-sequitur, the real poor get taken care of through Medicaid. Those who won't be insured are those who don't want to be insured.

Non-sequitur, the real poor get taken care of through Medicaid. Those who won't be insured are those who don't want to be insured.

And since they're going to keep the preexisting conditions clause...

:D

As soon as they need it, they can get it!

The guy had a good payin' job, he thought 10 grand was enough to cover any and all medical issues.

Nothin' like a good cancer to wipe out your savings. Medicaid kicks in when you make less than $9000 or so a year. The guy's not poor, but who the hell can pay the six figure bill?

So much for your "bumper sticker answer". :rolleyes:

And since they're going to keep the preexisting conditions clause...:D As soon as they need it, they can get it!

Actually you've hit on the crux of the argument. I-aint-gonna-buy-it-unless-I-need-it makes insurance unprofitable. So far we've seen four options:

• The ACA: Require everyone to be responsible for their own health insurance
  • The House: Triple premiums for one year for a break in coverage.
  • The Senate: NO insurance coverage for x number of months after a break, you pay premiums but you might die
  • The AJ: Just let #ThosePeople die, I gots mine, fuck you

Damn straight, the ever present unsustainable safety net.:D

Single payer would help. You get your Medicare, right?

Edited to add:
After years of Tea Party demands for smaller government, Republicans are now pushing up against a growing consensus that the government should guarantee health insurance. A Pew survey in January found that 60 percent of Americans believe the federal government should be responsible for ensuring that all Americans have health coverage. That was up from 51 percent last year, and the highest in nearly a decade.
LINK

Last edited:

George Will notes that our welfare system subsidizes two things that didn’t exist when Social Security was started—protracted retirement and competent medicine. When benefits were set to start at 65, the life expectancy of an American male was 65. That’s good planning—we take your money until you’re 65, and you die before you get any back. In 1900, only 18 percent of deaths were to people over 65. Before Social Security took effect, infectious disease was the big killer striking Americans of all ages. Today, because of improved healthcare, 75 percent of deaths happen after 65.

Why are state governors, Democrats and some Republicans, fighting the current healthcare plans being considered in Washington? It’s simple! Obamacare gave states a very good deal. Initially, the federal government promised to pay 100% of the bill for their Medicaid expansion to their citizens. Any cutback in Medicaid means that those citizens receiving expanded Medicaid coverage will either have to pay more for less coverage or state funds will have to be used to cover the cost. No governor wants to face irate voters who feel government took their entitlement away.

President Obama rammed through the Affordable Care Act on a partisan vote for one reason—to create irreversible momentum for nationalized, single-payer healthcare. He knew what giving more Americans free Medicaid would do. Once you get free healthcare, taking it away is impossible for politicians to risk—These people vote! Even if proposed GOP plans support Medicaid for those covered before Obamacare, they’re “heartlessly” taking critical coverage away from those added. You can hear the progressive whaling in the streets—“Once free, always free!”

There is no FREE healthcare! Someone is paying for it. Young Americans are watching premiums explode for their “required” insurance. But with many paying the penalty for refusing to buy insurance, Obamacare is failing. Without change, it’s those paying for their own insurance and taxpayers who are stuck with paying the low-income subsidies and the insurance company bailouts to keep this fiasco going. Don’t worry. What they can’t fund will just add to the national debt future generations will pay.

https://townhall.com/columnists/ter...rap-and-tyranny-of-free-entitlements-n2357831

Back