It's probably already been done...

shamzad_101

Long time lurker
I've had a basic concept of a story but it's probably already been done? Feel free to take it and run with it? 🤷 Also sorry if this is the wrong place.

The end of the world is happening and there are limited spaces on orbital space stations or bunkers?

A lead scientist has an invite and wants to try and save one of their team members so they get married. (secretly been in love for a long time maybe?) Register for the flights etc to escape and realise only too late that the passage is only for the one person and the marriage trick hasn't worked.

As they are stuck in quarantine/during flight they discover that their partner is posting online/finding sexual encounters as a way of dealing with their impending doom. As they journey they read about the increasingly varied encounters etc.

Sort of like it. Richard Matheson had a story where the sun was about to go nova. Before the world ends a bunch of typical suburban young people have a sex party. It all happens off the page but is viewed as one of the ways to face the end of the world with no judgment thrown on the kids. It's a melancholy storry.

I've had a basic concept of a story but it's probably already been done? Feel free to take it and run with it? 🤷 Also sorry if this is the wrong place.

According to the Bible, there is nothing new under the sun, which is triply true of erotica. The best you can hope for is to put your own personal spin on it, and your own skill as a writer. And yes, this IS the right place for this.

As Wifetheif mentions it's a very melancholy idea. Which is not my style, so I don't really have anything to add. Why not give writing it yourself a try?

The end of the world is happening and there are limited spaces on orbital space stations or bunkers?

A lead scientist has an invite and wants to try and save one of their team members so they get married. (secretly been in love for a long time maybe?) Register for the flights etc to escape and realise only too late that the passage is only for the one person and the marriage trick hasn't worked.

As they are stuck in quarantine/during flight they discover that their partner is posting online/finding sexual encounters as a way of dealing with their impending doom. As they journey they read about the increasingly varied encounters etc.
Sounds like it could be a mainstream science fiction story, if there isn't any explicit sex of course.

I do think it's a little implausible that the lead scientist wouldn't know the policies about who can or can't go. You should come up with an explanation for that.

Back