It Was Good Enough For Pres. Obama....

DawnODay

Literotica Guru
Former President Barack Obama’s top immigration chief in charge of removing illegal immigrants said that the “cages” Democrats have accused President Trump of housing children in were the brainchild of the Obama administration.​

P. Bedard, Barack’s ICE chief: Cages were Obama’s idea, Washington Examiner (June 26, 2019); see, also, I. Schwartz, Rep. Jim Jordan: Not One So-Called Cage Has Been Constructed By The Trump Administration, RCP (Jul. 20, 2019); B. Palma, Did Obama Admin Build Cages That House Immigrant Children at U.S.-Mexico Border?, Snopes (Jul 2, 2019); E. Erickson, Obama’s Homeland Security Secretary Defends How Trump is Detaining Children, Resurgent (Jul. 1, 2019).

Meanwhile....

In the first two years of Trump’s presidency, border deaths have actually decreased.

In 2017, border deaths fell from 329 to 298, and dropped again to 283 in 2018, according to Border Patrol data.​

L. Widener, US-Mexico border deaths lower per year under Trump than Obama, data shows, American Military News (Jun. 27, 2019).

So was reducing the deficit, but I don't see the con artist following along on that front.

The Trump haters will hate no matter what. Don't confuse them with facts. They are already confused enough as it is. Let them remain intolerant and ignorant.

If the malcontents are angry and protesting, then something must be going correctly. Find comfort in that.

I see someone pays very close attention to whatever the MSM decides to brainwash them with.

Every day.

"Oh, it HAS to be true! CNN said so!!!!"

Lmfao

That's a ProPublica link sport! You can see the death rate here. You'll note that under Obama it was as low as 1.4 per 100,000 to as high as 3.9. Look at the figure for 2004 under Bush II, dawn's previous hero, 11.4.

Why no comment then dawn? How come when there were 11.4 deaths per 100,000 detainees dawn didn't say a word? Could it be, and here's a crazy thought, Bush II is white?

That's a ProPublica link sport! You can see the death rate here. You'll note that under Obama it was as low as 1.4 per 100,000 to as high as 3.9. Look at the figure for 2004 under Bush II, dawn's previous hero, 11.4.

Why no comment then dawn? How come when there were 11.4 deaths per 100,000 detainees dawn didn't say a word? Could it be, and here's a crazy thought, Bush II is white?

Are you seriously asking why I didn't comment here on the situation at the border in 2004? I did not even know Literotica existed until slightly before I joined in December 2015.

Heck, you did not join until 2006, yourself, and spent your early years here desperately trying to get women to watch you wank. Is that why you're such a misogynist now, because no females paid attention to you back then?

Ah, the "Obama did it, too" defense or excuse. As if Obama was a saint and automatically did everything right. If you think that all leftists just treat Obama as some kind of Messiah, you're mistaking us for Republicans regarding their idolatry of Trump (y'all can never admit that he's ever done anything wrong, ever).

I happen to think that Obama did a lot of things right in his Administration, but he also did plenty of wrong (Syria, Libya, anyone).

If you think that all leftists just treat Obama as some kind of Messiah, you're mistaking us for Republicans regarding their idolatry of Trump (y'all can never admit that he's ever done anything wrong, ever).

Even before Trump came down that golden escalator in 2015, they'd already been deifying Reagan for years. It's what they do, and they've always suspected the same about us.

Even before Trump came down that golden escalator in 2015, they'd already been deifying Reagan for years. It's what they do, and they've always suspected the same about us.

You can say the same thing about JFK and Obama.

Originally Posted by YDB95: "Even before Trump came down that golden escalator in 2015, they'd already been deifying Reagan for years. It's what they do, and they've always suspected the same about us."

You can say the same thing about JFK and Obama.

Funny...I don't recall any movement calling for JFK or Obama to be added to Mount Rushmore, like the one the GOP was aggressively pushing for even before Reagan had finished his second term.

And it certainly wasn't the Dems that tagged him as Saint Ronnie.

There's no push to mandate naming something in every county in the country after Obama or JFK either. And Democrats don't routinely credit them for things that were the exact opposite of what they did.

I will say I consider JFK somewhat mythologized on the left...but nothing on a par with what the right has done with Reagan. And at least in Kennedy's case, it's for things he might have accomplished if he hadn't been assassinated.

Mythology is all that separates the Outstanding Presidents from the fuckups who's administrations we survived.

Ike was a good President as he kept the war party from starting a war. But he was not perfect. JFK found that out when the CIA went into the Bay of Pigs and that turned out ... Just Swell.

Ronnie was a ... puppet and that is why they want to raise him up as a Saint. He stayed bought!

Bush I and II were supposed to start another war and both did. If it hadn't of been for Darth Cheney we might have won both.

Clinton was OKay but not great, he won the economy but lost on ethics.

Obama was okay but was hampered by a Rethuglican Congress.

So far Trump has kept us out of War but he has kept us right on the edge and who knows what he will do when he figures out he's not FDR, but GHW, a one term wonder and finally will be prosecuted when he leaves office, unless President Harris pardons him. :)

Last edited:
Ah, the "Obama did it, too" defense or excuse. As if Obama was a saint and automatically did everything right. If you think that all leftists just treat Obama as some kind of Messiah, you're mistaking us for Republicans regarding their idolatry of Trump (y'all can never admit that he's ever done anything wrong, ever).

I happen to think that Obama did a lot of things right in his Administration, but he also did plenty of wrong (Syria, Libya, anyone).

The point isn't that Obama doing it makes it alright. We should judge actions on their own merits, not by who performs them. The point is that if current immigration policies are so terrible that people call them genocide, where was that outrage when the prior administration did the same thing, often with more deadly results?

Meanwhile, even if there is some of the same blind faith in Trump that the Left continues to display for Obama, I see little of it among mainstream Republicans, and less among true Conservatives. There are still many prominent "never Trumpers" among both subsets of the Right. More significantly, many on the Right have been critical of many of his policies, such as the Trade War with China, or his recent statements on gun control.

Now, there are increasing rumblings about the rising deficit. Even as federal revenues have increased over the past two years, spending has outpaced them to a significant degree. Obama, of course, nearly doubled the entire federal debt (the more significant number, as that is the economy killer) in a single administration. While Trump is not on pace to do that, I think many of us on the Right expected more fiscal responsibility under the current administration.

Mythology is all that separates the Outstanding Presidents from the fuckups who's administrations we survived.

Ike was a good President as he kept the war party from starting a war. But he was not perfect. JFK found that out when the CIA went into the Bay of Pigs and that turned out ... Just Swell.

Ronnie was a ... puppet and that is why they want to raise him up as a Saint. He stayed bought!

Bush I and II were supposed to start another war and both did. If it hadn't of been for Darth Cheney we might have won both.

Clinton was OKay but not great, he won the economy but lost on ethics.

Obama was okay but was hampered by a Rethuglican Congress.

So far Trump has kept us out of War but he has kept us right on the edge and who knows what he will do when he figures out he's not FDR, but GHW, a one term wonder and finally will be prosecuted when he leaves office, unless President Harris pardons him. :)

I mostly agree with you, though I'm not prepared to judge Clinton too harshly on ethics (unless Epstein really does turn out to have a Bill Clinton connection) and I very much doubt that Kamala Harris has a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming President. Tulsi, whatever else she did, did us all that enormous favor of sinking Kamala for good.

I mostly agree with you, though I'm not prepared to judge Clinton too harshly on ethics (unless Epstein really does turn out to have a Bill Clinton connection) and I very much doubt that Kamala Harris has a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming President. Tulsi, whatever else she did, did us all that enormous favor of sinking Kamala for good.

Tulsi may be the Centrist we need now. She is the only one calling for us to stop this megalomania about America being the decider of what is "Best for the World."

Face it, 'Merica is not the "Decider," fuck! we can hardly handle our own shit. Our LSM is only focused on "Clicks" and any reasoned debate devolves into name calling and radicalism.

We need more "George Will's" and fewer Rush Limpdicks!

We really do need a "Sarcastic emoji" as the selection we have available is a little limp.

Now, there are increasing rumblings about the rising deficit. Even as federal revenues have increased over the past two years, spending has outpaced them to a significant degree. Obama, of course, nearly doubled the entire federal debt (the more significant number, as that is the economy killer) in a single administration. While Trump is not on pace to do that, I think many of us on the Right expected more fiscal responsibility under the current administration.

Unfortunately, fiscal responsibility leads to political suicide. President Bush’s modest attempt to reform social security was met with scorn from all quarters. Paul Ryan’s effort to but entitlement spending on a sustainable path was hammered as well. Trumps tax reform has helped on the revenue side. Receipts to the treasury are up 3.8% so far this fiscal year. Even corporate receipts are up. Yay for that! But no one wants to touch the spending side of the equation.

I see someone pays very close attention to whatever the MSM decides to brainwash them with.

Every day.

"Oh, it HAS to be true! CNN said so!!!!"

Lmfao

Dan and Dawn are in a love hate relationship! :rose::mad:

Funny...I don't recall any movement calling for JFK or Obama to be added to Mount Rushmore, like the one the GOP was aggressively pushing for even before Reagan had finished his second term.

And it certainly wasn't the Dems that tagged him as Saint Ronnie.

Are you kidding me, Obama got the nobel prize for doing absolutely nothing, no wait, correction! it was for his apology tour denouncing american exceptionalism. dems are still glowing from that cluster fuck.

The point isn't that Obama doing it makes it alright. We should judge actions on their own merits, not by who performs them. The point is that if current immigration policies are so terrible that people call them genocide, where was that outrage when the prior administration did the same thing, often with more deadly results?

Meanwhile, even if there is some of the same blind faith in Trump that the Left continues to display for Obama, I see little of it among mainstream Republicans, and less among true Conservatives. There are still many prominent "never Trumpers" among both subsets of the Right. More significantly, many on the Right have been critical of many of his policies, such as the Trade War with China, or his recent statements on gun control.

Until we establish congressional term limits and eliminate perpetual campaign mode we are doomed to out of control deficit spending. The debt is a lost cause! we can only hope to keep interest rates on the debt in check and maybe a balance budget. LMFAO!

Until we establish congressional term limits and eliminate perpetual campaign mode we are doomed to out of control deficit spending. The debt is a lost cause! we can only hope to keep interest rates on the debt in check and maybe a balance budget. LMFAO!

Tell me if I'm wrong... Most of the "National Debt" is owed to the Federal Reserve, in the form of "interest". I believe the long-range plan is to default.

Back