Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on retirement (although it's probably best to already have something to go on to--racheting down rather than just stopping).

I've got more irons in the fire than ever. Just one less that was getting to be a pain in the ass. I didn't go to work for the company I was working for by choice. The company I had worked for for 17 years was bought out. I only stuck around for the last few years because my old boss asked me to.

I've got more irons in the fire than ever. Just one less that was getting to be a pain in the ass. I didn't go to work for the company I was working for by choice. The company I had worked for for 17 years was bought out. I only stuck around for the last few years because my old boss asked me to.

And that was because he trusted you

I am very psyched. I went to the local Salvation Army store to drop off some coats. When I went inside to get the donation form, I saw this awesome dollhouse. Three stories tall, kind of a Victorian (like a lot of houses in Cape May, NJ) look about it. It needs work, like pieces glued back and things like that, but still not bad. And when I asked for the price, because of course it didn't have one on it (I always find those items) they told me $7.99!

This is not for me, btw. I'd been thinking of getting my daughter a dollhouse for either Christmas or her birthday, and so was excited to see this. Now if Mr. Penn and I can just spruce it up...

I had not realised how tricky is is to take pictures inside a church until today.
Talk about high contrast, especially with ancient carved Oak pews.

Okay so this morning I take my daughter to her violin lesson and after -- 9am -- I go to Dunkin' Donuts for a chai and coffee. I make a left to get to DD. This can be a little awkward, as there is an appliance store on the right, and when you then make the left for DD, you kind of split into the side parking (sharp left), drive thru (left) and the lane to circle around (wide left).

There was a car sitting in the other lane but going in my direction (sort of like sitting the wrong way on a one way street). There is room in front of this car to turn, but it doesn't, and I wait a second or two, thinking the driver might be on the phone, or getting money or whatever, and then I turn into the drive thru lane.

After that I hear honks and in my side view mirror, see a rather large guy getting out of the car behind me. It's one of those situations where you're nervous, but you figure odds are it's not a big deal. So I lock my doors and roll the window down a couple of inches and this guy is yelling at me, Why did I do that? How could I go around him? What's wrong with me?

I calmly said, Sir, you didn't move. "I was leaving space for people to turn into the parking lot, like a GOOD PERSON." I said, I'll go around and get back in line, but of course by that time he'd turned away. So I watched, saw that he was indeed still the only car behind me and did circle around.

And now I'm still kid of pissed. :mad: I don't think I did anything wrong. An honest mistake, if anything, and it didn't warrant that reaction. It's the kind of thing where if I'd been in his place, I would have said, "Damn," if someone got ahead of me but I certainly wouldn't have confronted them and I might not even have cared.

Grrrr.

Mr. Penn suggested I watch a movie to relax. So the question is do I watch something relaxing, or something with lots of explosions for therapy.

LOL or it's Halloween so watch a slasher film :D

In comes November and we're under the first Winter Storm Warning of the season. Only supposed to get up to 2" but damn it can't help but feel too early.

Okay so this morning I take my daughter to her violin lesson and after -- 9am -- I go to Dunkin' Donuts for a chai and coffee. I make a left to get to DD. This can be a little awkward, as there is an appliance store on the right, and when you then make the left for DD, you kind of split into the side parking (sharp left), drive thru (left) and the lane to circle around (wide left).

There was a car sitting in the other lane . . .

Grrrr.

Mr. Penn suggested I watch a movie to relax. So the question is do I watch something relaxing, or something with lots of explosions for therapy.

I suggest a Jean-Claude Van Damn, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Steven Segal or Kung Fu Panda.

LOL or it's Halloween so watch a slasher film :D

In comes November and we're under the first Winter Storm Warning of the season. Only supposed to get up to 2" but damn it can't help but feel too early.

I suggest a Jean-Claude Van Damn, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Steven Segal or Kung Fu Panda.

Thanks. :) I ended up with "The Avengers," because it's one of my go-to films, but I also have a headache, which the encounter didn't help. I already took a nap for a while, which sorta kinda helped. I think I may take a walk. I also find I can't watch the end of the movie as it's a bit too frenetic for me right now.

Thanks. :) I ended up with "The Avengers," because it's one of my go-to films, but I also have a headache, which the encounter didn't help. I already took a nap for a while, which sorta kinda helped. I think I may take a walk. I also find I can't watch the end of the movie as it's a bit too frenetic for me right now.

Love that movie!

Really excited to see that they plan to release a stand alone Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel) movie.

Imagine my surprise when we got an actual trick-or-treater tonight.

My son and his friend kind of organized a bunch of other kids getting together to trick-or-treat; there must have been 20 or so kids to start, but they broke down into smaller groups.

I think we had 10. Long, upperward-inclined driveway. It's worked a charm for years.

No trick or treaters here, most houses are on at least a few acres if not beef farms so the locals hold Trunk - or -Treats for the kids.

We just got the one. No idea what part of the neighborhood she came from. Living on a main road has been a determent for the art of treating the last 20 years, more so than it weas when I was a child at least. We used to get enough to actually have to buy a full bag of candy, but now we could probably just buy three full size bars and not run out.

I had not realised how tricky is is to take pictures inside a church until today.
Talk about high contrast, especially with ancient carved Oak pews.

That is why I use an ancient film camera, a tripod, a small aperture and a long exposure.

If a snapsnot on a digital camera, I turn the flash OFF, and rest the camera on or against something solid.

That is why I use an ancient film camera, a tripod, a small aperture and a long exposure.

If a snapsnot on a digital camera, I turn the flash OFF, and rest the camera on or against something solid.

Flashes ruin a picture that has been taken indoors. The new cameras on the market (Even the ones on the smartphones) have good Low-Light Resolution these days.

Best for Indoors and night clicks.

Flashes ruin a picture that has been taken indoors. The new cameras on the market (Even the ones on the smartphones) have good Low-Light Resolution these days.

Best for Indoors and night clicks.

But the exposure times are longer and risk camera shake when using Low-Light.

Steady the camera/phone on a solid object for Low-Light.

But the exposure times are longer and risk camera shake when using Low-Light.

Steady the camera/phone on a solid object for Low-Light.

It wasn't so much the light level. It was the sheer contrast; the sun was Very Bright and the oak seats were almost black. But next time I'll take my tripod, I think.

My camera (Canon EOS 400D) has an automatic flash - I tend to leave it that was because I will undoubtedly make loads of extra errors. But Photoshop Elements seems to fix the worst of my errors.

It's strange how you can miss someone you've never met.

Today I'm missing Acker Bilk, who died yesterday.

But I met him once.

I often miss people I've never met, but they have had an impact on me. They include artists, authors, musicians and even politicians.

e.g. Artist - John Bratby; Author - Dorothy L Sayers; Musician - Jacqueline Du Pre; Politician - Airey Neave (but I had met him).

I'm wearing an undershirt under a t-shirt for the first time ever today.

I'm still cold. I think the heat is off in the house...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back