Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fall is in the air. You can just feel it. So long Summer, it's been fun. :D

My friends are all getting old. What the heck is wrong with them? It's two days later, and I can still hear the bitching echoing in my head. The next time I throw a party at my house I'll have to plan for a butt-to-chair ratio that's less than 2.

I don't like seeing pictures of burning towers every time I open a news website or turn on the TV. Remembrance is fine; the commercialization of a tragic anniversary by every Tom, Dick, and Harry who considers him or herself a news authority is crass.

And really, I don't think most of us need to see those towers in flames, killing thousands of people, to remember what happened.

Four more days, and it will get worse before it gets better.

I can't ever get my reading glasses clean. Problem is that once I take them off, I can't see to clean them. It drives me batty!

I can't ever get my reading glasses clean. Problem is that once I take them off, I can't see to clean them. It drives me batty!

I solved that problem. ASDA (the UK arm of Walmart) sells reading glasses at two pounds for two pairs. I wear the Asda glasses to clean my prescription glasses.

I solved that problem. ASDA (the UK arm of Walmart) sells reading glasses at two pounds for two pairs. I wear the Asda glasses to clean my prescription glasses.
Wow, I'm so blonde sometimes. I do have another pair that's a little strong, but they worked well for this. Thanks!

Wow, I'm so blonde sometimes. I do have another pair that's a little strong, but they worked well for this. Thanks!

Glad to be of help.

I mentioned my ASDA glasses to a friend of mine at an event this evening. She's not as happy with ASDA as I am.

When she found that her ASDA glasses were so cheap she bought ten of them (10 pounds). Now she has glasses beside her bed, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, on the dining room table - but she can't remember where she put her real prescription glasses and needs ASDA glasses to work out WHICH are her prescription glasses.

I'm in a mood!:mad:

Have a few <Hugs> .

My blurt: I collect postcards of UK pageants. Today I received an official souvenir one for the 1908 Pageant at Dover. The title is "The Passing of Gawayne".

He was one of the Knights of the Round Table in the legend of King Arthur.

According to the printed description:

Episode 1: King Arthur and the Death of Gawayne.

It was at Dover that Gawayne, the second Knight of the Round Table, next to Lancelot died, and was buried. His skull was long preserved in Dover Castle.

WTF? It is a legend. It is doubtful that King Arthur ever existed, and if he did, that he had a Round Table, let alone a Knight called Gawayne. So how could a legendary Knight be buried at Dover, and if he was buried, who had the temerity to dig him up so that his skull could be displayed?

And then someone lost it?

The 1908 Pageant Committee were guilty of peddling fake history.

I've just read something on the forum that has sent me straight into a bout of nostalgia and straight back to my childhood. :(

Oops. Sorry about that— a slight miscalculation.

HPcrane.jpg

A 500 ton self erecting, truck-mounted crane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back