Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man at the bank made me blush today. Then, he turned to everyone within earshot and exclaimed how red I had turned.

The only thing he had said to me was, "Beautiful women can go first."

My kung fu lesson this morning should be interesting with my back feeling like this...

Two days ago I dropped a pyrex measuring cup on the floor. As you might expect, it was fine.

Yesterday my elbow hit my teapot. It flew across the table, fell, and then skid across the floor before hitting a cupboard. Surprisingly, it was also fine. I :heart: brown betty teapots.

Today I dropped a plate while loading the dishwasher. The plate (which I hate) was fine, but the awesome salad bowl it landed on broke.

I think it might be best for all involved if I stay out of the kitchen tomorrow. :(

Another week and I go back to school. Maybe I should finish that to-do list first. :rolleyes:

My back feels better so long as I get up and walk around every hour or so. the longer I sit in a desk chair the worse I feel. I had full range of motion at my kung fu lesson. According to an orthopedic surgeon (the kung fu lesson before me), I just need to keep working the spasmed area until it feels better in a few days.

How will people know they're wrong if I don't tell them? It has taken every bit of self-control today to keep from doing just that.

and YET AGAIN, my computer won't connect to the internet. I've got to be cursed or something.

I really didn't intend to ride quite that far. Every year, I get on that trail and just ride 'til I worry about my ability to get back. I'm lucky I haven't gotten in trouble— a flat tire 15 miles from the automobile ( followed by a walk back with the bicycle ) isn't my idea of fun. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

30.5 miles! The old interstate bicycle ride across the Mason-Dixon line done in 3½ hours averaging a bit less than 9 MPH.

Two snakes— the first was a big ol' black snake; the damn thing had to have been nearly 4 feet long. I thought it was a tree branch and never recognized it for what it was 'til I was virtually right on top of it ( when I started hollaring ). It's something of a miracle that I didn't run over it. The second was much smaller; I'm sure it wasn't a copperhead but damned if it didn't look like one.

There were lots of bunny rabbits and chipmunks. Why do the chipmunks insist on playing "chicken" with my bicycle?

It's an amazing path. I always remember that Abe Lincoln traveled on this right-of-way on the way to deliver the Gettysburg Address. I'd sure love to have seen steam engines powering their way through the cuts and up the grades. What a fantastic sight that must have been.

There must have been a gazillion gnats on the ride home; three quarters of 'em ended up smashing into my face, arms and legs. I sure fly downhill; it took but 46 minutes to cover the last 10 miles. In years past, it's frequently been a race between me and thunderstorms. Even at my age, it's still rare that anyone passes me. That's true of both cycling and running; I give myself credit but it's an undeniable fact that I don't like being passed by anybody— even if they're 28. Riding a bicycle on that crushed stone surface for that length of time is like holding a jackhammer for three and a half straight hours. I ended up with a blister on the side of my hand and its a strain on the wrists. Nevertheless, riding the bike for that length of time is good for maintaining the calluses on my hands.

I'm old enough to have seen Pennsylvania Railroad F-7 twin diesel units hauling freight on that line. As long as I live, I'll never forget lying in bed as a child and hearing the sound of those powerful diesels and their horns funneling up the stream valley as they rumbled past the distant lake on their way north. It was a wonderful sound and one that will always be one of the touchstones of my childhood.

120px-Locomotive_Great_Northern_Railway_%28US%29.JPG

EMD F-7 "A" and "B" units
600px-Columbian_at_Thomas_Viaduct.jpg

Last edited:
I'm old enough to have seen Pennsylvania Railroad F-7 twin diesel units hauling freight on that line. As long as I live, I'll never forget lying in bed as a child and hearing the sound of those powerful diesels and their horns funneling up the stream valley as they rumbled past the lake on their way north. It was a wonderful sound that will always be one of the touchmarks of my childhood.

I live less than one hundred yards from some train tracks. I can hear the trains when they're still miles away, and see them from my house in the winter, when the leaves are off the trees.

When I'm having a bad day, I think about running down the street to the abandoned depot. If I get there in time--and I think I can--I can get all the way home.

Last edited:
Uncontrollable Lit lag tonight!

So why is it,
why is it that I lack control
of thoughts
that lag, linger
on her when I least expect it.

Just another story
innocuous words wrapped around
her finger
that touched the pulse
at my throat throat

as lips brushed lightly against mine.
Ghost of Christmas Past
and mistletoe that's withered.
Not all memories are happy,
but most of them are precious.

Me: "when do you think you'll see the kids next?"
him: "It doesn't look good."
Me: "Why?"
him: "I only have two days off next week, so I'll have to let you know"
me: "Well the kids start summer break next week so they can be available any time."
him: "I just don't know."

WTF? Does that mean if I have to work a five day week (which don't most people?) I shouldn't have to care for the children at all?

Let's add to my rant: he has not had the kids overnight since April. He took a whole week off work in May for his birthday. During the same month, he gave me $150 in child support for three children, but then later asked for some back so he could pay his rent. Making it $100 child support for the month. Add to that, he got a new tattoo in the same month.

I AM FUCKING DONE.

Stop disappointing my children. Stop hurting my children by failing to provide for them. Just fucking shut up and grow up and be a fucking responsible adult.

Me: "when do you think you'll see the kids next?"
him: "It doesn't look good."
Me: "Why?"
him: "I only have two days off next week, so I'll have to let you know"
me: "Well the kids start summer break next week so they can be available any time."
him: "I just don't know."

WTF? Does that mean if I have to work a five day week (which don't most people?) I shouldn't have to care for the children at all?

Let's add to my rant: he has not had the kids overnight since April. He took a whole week off work in May for his birthday. During the same month, he gave me $150 in child support for three children, but then later asked for some back so he could pay his rent. Making it $100 child support for the month. Add to that, he got a new tattoo in the same month.

I AM FUCKING DONE.

Stop disappointing my children. Stop hurting my children by failing to provide for them. Just fucking shut up and grow up and be a fucking responsible adult.

SJ, it's so easy to walk away. I learned it along time ago. Try to do the same and be done with it. Be a good Mom. The rewards will be great in the end. :)

If you have to tell someone "Don't share this with anyone," than you probably shouldn't be sharing it with anyone either.

I have a very weird life. Tornadoes do not belong in my yard, no matter how small, and I do not appreciate the help in fast tracking the remodeling by dropping the carriage house roof on my house!

I have just had my annual diabetic eye-check.

They put belladonna eye drops in both eyes to dilate the pupils. I look as if I'm spaced out on illegal substances and I can't drive for several hours.

The good news - appears to be no problems.

Og

Glad neither you nor you're family were hurt. *HUGS*

TY *hugs* It was very, very scary as the little girl and I were home alone. We were in the cellar before the kitchen ceiling fell. Still don't know what made me pick her up and run. I'm thinking some part of me heard the roof getting ripped off the carriage house.

How do we celebrate 100° and 50% humidity?

We go run 3-4 miles.

A conversion table for Farenheit and Celsius Litizens:

Temperature

22 C = 71.6 F
23 C = 73.4 F
24 C = 75.2 F
25 C = 77 F
26 C = 78.8 F
27 C = 80.6 F
28 C = 82.4 F
29 C = 84.2 F
30 C = 86 F
31 C = 87.8 F
32 C = 89.6 F
33 C = 91.4 F
34 C = 93.2 F
35 C = 95 F
36 C = 96.8 F
37 C = 98.6 F
38 C = 100.4 F
39 C = 102.2 F
40 C = 104 F
41 C = 105.8 F
42 C = 107.6 F

Woohoo! I got paid today, for... February...

It's still nice to have a little more money in my pocket :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back